Lag kick + Lag restart

There are 88 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Bond.

• interesting, but something tops it....
    from your post:

thats funny, you HPB's

• Is this the reason I keep getting kicked and then am unable to reconnect? Well, actually, it happened twice. I'm new to Crossfire and I am not yet that used to the mod. It takes me ages to kill a single ship, now that they have shield regen and use batteries and nanobots. Twice now I was doing a mission, probably at least an hour in, when suddenly I get a message that my connection was lost. It's really annoying. Is that because I would have a high ping? If so, it takes the server a long time to pick up on it. I wouldn't see how that is possible anyway, I don't lag myself and we should have a decent enough ADSL connection.

• to check your ping online type /Ping also may be worth checking your firewall as i know some that can disconnect you from the game. good luck m8 and welcome to CF

Civility is not a sign of weakness , Sincerity is always subject to proof

If you would like to join a Military/Police Clan then click on the links below

Home Of Sirius Federal police........www.sfp-crossfire.com

Home of BloodGuard ..... --==BloodGuard==--

A FreeLancers life is a good life

In Game Chars
    [CFPD]DarkLord
    [CFPD]Exterminator

• Yes, I already discovered the ping command. I'm about 30-35. Should be ok, right?

Anyway, it seems to happen when I take too long with a mission. If I take a liberty rogue or blood dragon mission I'm fine, cause they use heavy fighters and I can kill them relatively quickly. I just tried a lane hacker destroy ships misison, which takes me longer cause they use light fighters. And sure enough, it apparently takes too long. I got disconnected again :/

• Right now I think we all got disconnected ;)

CF Chars: SMG_Simba, Simba[ServerPolice], SMG_Panthera_Leo, SMG_Kovu, SMG_Smilodon, SMG_Nimravus, SMG_Megantereon, SMG_Hoplophoneus, SMG_Ginsburgsmilus, SMG_Paramachairodus, SMG_Lokontailurus, SMG_LZ129_Hindenburg, SMG_Sponsored_By:_Puma, SMG_LZ127-Graf_Zeppelin

SMG Forums

• there is no lag kick active for ages

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Well I must say this is the only mod I have been on that has this prob.

I say its more to do with the sever than the player and his net speed.

Try something new like ahh get on a Sever Pack that can deal with it instead of blaming the user for the crappy Sever.

I seen and been on mods with player up to 100 to 200 player at a time from all over the world and guise what lots of them use 56.Kb some even older and some with satellite network like me.

So having this Prob with only 15 to 20 user is a joke my friend.

No this is not a user Prob but a Sever Prob.

I bit that their is a bandwidth restitution invalid with this little prob and some one is using the bargain bin service pack to host the mod.

The Sever should not crash with 15 to 20 user fighting it out.

I know this because I have hosted bigger games on my own PC with out a prob.

So Blaming the user dos not Wash.

This is a Case of a cheep Sever pack getting over sold.

• @ Night-Storm

The kicks may happen from the dynamic economy.

If a player is docked and has certain trading goods from before the server has made it's daily restart, the player must sell those old trading goods before undocking or else the player will be kicked.

If you get kicked, just sell all items in the cargo hold then you will be able to undock with no problem ;)

Yes Burros Do Bite.

Chars: SMG_Burro and derivatives thereof

SMG Forums

• @ Night-Storm

Just to say it,

don´t think that the Server OP is using might be cheap ^^. Btw. you replied to a topic which is 2 years old.

200 Players on a FL Server O_O i am playing FL since the betha with a short break of 1 1/2 years and missed a server being active with 200 slots - sad.

Click the image above to visit us.

• Crossfire is running on a high end server that is hosted in one of europes best server centers. About ever 1 - 1 1/2 years the server hardware gets updated to the max that is available

when you are talking about servers with more than 100 players than you can only be talking about hamburg city and discovery
    those servers are hosting minimods with just a few mb size and close to none new features while crossfire belongs to the biggest mods on the net with a few hundred mb addition data which need to get loaded into memory

and the memory of a FL server is its bottleneck since the flserver continiously calculates the data there which is causing a high serverload

additionally to this the latest lag reports and reports that certain members of other FL servers are causing this lag intentionally (while one of this servers is one of those with the +100 members) let me simply think that certain people in the freelancer community do their best to sabotate Crossfire

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• A server with 25 nice people is better than server with 100+ jerks. Yay for nice people server, even if occasional disconnects happen. I tried play on North American 100+ server and with 40ms ping. But some not very nice people there [dock-rapers, rule-breakers, no-minders and shit disturbers]. Now I play on nice people server with [stable] 150ms ping. Yay for nice people server!

• good point

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Ive only played on CF for a few days, and have to say someones done a great job with the mod.

As Im a bit senile, I dont quite get the lag/ping discussion, all I wanted to say is Im on pretty fast broadband and if Im slowing down the game for others Im outta here

Seems that there are times of the day when there arent many users online and that looks like the best time for me to go on it

kyal

• i-net speed often play only a secondary role
    the quality of the connection is more important than the speed
    and the quality can be checked by the serverpolice members

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• As a final note to this topic: We Server Police have found that the server experiences the most lag when people have not properly logged out of CF and use the Launcher to log back in, which updates the files.

When I see the load is high and most players with fluc, I simply request that everyone logs out completely and relaunch the game. Amazingly enough, the server load drops and gameplay resumes.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• Dropped in coz over the last couple of days when I started PVPing was told a couple times that I must be lagging due to jumping around so much.

I have a pretty nice 2MB connection and check the ping every time I log in. So far in the last 2 weeks since I started playing at CF have not seen a ping above 41ms. The lowest I ever saw was 36ms.

I know I jump around a lot in PVP but do that intentionally by using the thrusters and the strafe controls for a split second at a time in continuous quick sequences. I believe this makes me quite hard to aim at. I really hope this is not causing lag or other server problems.

If you enjoy CHAOS and want to spread throughout the Universe the domination of the criminal kind then add this to you sig.

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    [SCHILD=19]Chaos rulz[/SCHILD]

If you are afraid of doing something there is no better reason for doing it!!!
    My real Life Profile

• If he is "dancing" he´s not lagging. Just easy to check by the /ping command were loss=bad

Click the image above to visit us.

• I am starting to get annoyed by being told I lag. I think I know what it looks like. I stopped playing for 3 years due to bad connection and lag. Things changed and now I have a good connection and good ping. Is it possible that I lag with this kinda ping or are they just not willing to accept how I fly?

If you enjoy CHAOS and want to spread throughout the Universe the domination of the criminal kind then add this to you sig.

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    [SCHILD=19]Chaos rulz[/SCHILD]

If you are afraid of doing something there is no better reason for doing it!!!
    My real Life Profile