Movies I want to watch immediately!

There are 491 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• I didn't saw this but is it similar to Spider Man?

looks like a horror movie.

no, it's no horror. it's fun and action.

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

• and here it is :) :)

==========================???:?::!::?:(HiRUGAs' WEB) :?::!::?:???=========================

Red Red White Center @Sun Exit Red Green Red Orange White Center & Your Out ..........End of Line :) :)

• signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• ==========================???:?::!::?:(HiRUGAs' WEB) :?::!::?:???=========================

Red Red White Center @Sun Exit Red Green Red Orange White Center & Your Out ..........End of Line :) :)

• signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I was yesterday on Captain Marvel ... need to say that I was unsure what to expect (bcs trailers were not so appealing; offic trailer is one page earlier, here). And it was very good time spent in cinama and I enjoyed this movie allot. And its ending is ... well, yes! I like it :) . Sometimes trailers reveal all the best from movie, this time it was completely opposite.

• The first marvel movie I actually wanted to skip.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I was yesterday on Captain Marvel ... need to say that I was unsure what to expect (bcs trailers were not so appealing; offic trailer is one page earlier, here). And it was very good time spent in cinama and I enjoyed this movie allot. And its ending is ... well, yes! I like it :) . Sometimes trailers reveal all the best from movie, this time it was completely opposite.

I meanwhile managed to watch it. My opinion is a bit different.

For sure it is entertaining at times but overall it is not a movie I would want to watch a 2nd time.

The movie is driven by an agenda, not by its storyline. Multiple scenes appeared artificially sexist just to prove a point and did in no way contribute to the story. The backflashs make the movie a bit chaotic and do not contribute well to the story telling.

Character development is inexistent. It is something I really need in a movie to enjoy it. e.g. Tony Stark developed from the arrogant playboy to a guy fighting for others and has build relations with other characters. Thor went through a character development that made him worthy to be king of Asgard. etc.

I miss that completely with Captain Marvel.

The special effects are ok... but not top notch.

The only thing that was able to save the movie was the relation between Captain Marvel and Nick Fury. This works pretty well.

At the end of the movie Captain Marvel appears way too much overpowered... at no point she even struggles.

This leads me to quests "what makes a hero a hero?". Is it the superpowers or is a mental strenght that keeps them fighting eventhough they are on the losing side?

I think the later one is more appearling than an overpowered one.

I even think that Captain Marvel is way too overpowered for Avengers End Game. I dont think it will be well received if she steps into the movie and outshines well established characters which in the past showed their worth more than often enough.

I dont mind if she has a supporting role in End Game but I would have a huge problem if she is the one that shows all others how the job is to be done.

Most disappointing was to see how Nick Fury was literally put aside in a combat while she did all the work. I dont think that this is the same Nick Fury that we got to see in the previous movies.

Also the way how he lost his eye was extremly disappointing.

In a previous movie he said that the last time he trusted someone he did lose his eye. This of course created an expectation of a betrayal and a big fight.

But in the end he lost his eye because a cat scratched him and it got infected? WTF? I was surprised this wasnt followed by a medical commercial.

In my eyes, the movie was... meh.

Ok to watch but an not experience that you would want to repeat.

Another movie I watched this week was Alita.

Actually a movie I tried to avoid. Ive seen the trailer and it always appeared to me to be a bit too much of everything. I dont know how to describe it better.

I had the impression that this simply is a typical comic book adaptation that would not work out on the big screen.

I was wrong.

There is no other way to say it. I am deeply impressed.

The visuals are first class.

The story a rollercoaster ride between great action and emotional driven scenes.

The character progresssion that I have been missing in Captain Marvel has reached an extreme level in Alita. Not only the main character evolves but also all the characters around her. It is possible to related to her and also to all the other characters in that movie. It is hard to find other movies that have such a depth.

Alita is strong but not overpowered. She is vulnerable despite her special abilities and even keeps fighting when already defeated. I think that makes Alita a good hero character.

She faces losses at the end of the movie, a movie that does not conclude (open ending). I left the movie with open questions and the wish to watch a sequel.

When you compare these 2 movies and compare the audience scores (I give a damn about what professional reviewers say) you get a 62% for Captain Marvel vs a 94% for Alita. People have an overwhelming positiv opinion about Alita and I think that is justified but to be fair I also think that Alita has a much smaller target audience.

Like I said, even I originally tried to avoid the movie. It has a comic book style that might not be as appealing to certain people but actually it has much more to offer than just that.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Thx for info about Alita, looking forward to see this movie myself.

... and I doubt that it will be easy going for Avengers in incoming Endgame, Thanos was build like really tough villain :)

• Thanos with all the Infinity stones was almost defeated by Thor.

Now Thanos is injured and the infinity gauntlet is damaged.

Just saying...

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• ==========================???:?::!::?:(HiRUGAs' WEB) :?::!::?:???=========================

• Alita is really good movie! Thx for this tip! Above posted comparison with Cpt.Marvel is good one, CM clearly could be done much better (and there was imo very good story potential for it imo). I for sure will want to go into cinema if there will be Alita II filmed.

• Alita is really good movie! ... I for sure will want to go into cinema if there will be Alita II filmed.

the end suggests a 2nd part :thumbsup:

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

• signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,