Multi Clans

There are 29 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by NucNuc.

• Dear All,

I'm here creating this thread just to deliver some of the opinions by others players and also some feedback on this multi clans suggestion ...
    I already talked with Forlon on this and he ask me to post it in the forum, so, here i am ...

Well, some players including myself are having some opinion where, the players are allowed to have different clan in CF ...
    Means that, example : 1 account id for SA ... 1 account id for LC ... 1 account id for AS ... 1 account id for DP ... and so on ...
    And all 5 ships in that 1 account must be registered accordingly with the clan leader ... not just simply creating it ...

Therefore, that 1 player can enjoy different RP in the world of CF ... no need the /ll command anymore ... people will see who u are btw ...
    The Clan leader somehow must keep track of their members name properly ... any unknown names will get warning or maybe ban ... ya know ...

Definitely, we will see more players with tag, not just a wandering freelancer with their own licenses ...
    more tags, more cooperation, more interaction and definitely more RP will take place ...

Anyway, this is some the words i can say ... i just have no idea how to put it in a better way though ... but, i hope you guys understand ...

Thank you ...

• I told you some my 1st mind objections to this, but imo the biggest problem is that it can't be done bcs players (in general) are not enough mature to separate theirs acting for one account. It will be the same also if you have "only" 1 clan and freelancer chars. I understand your view, but what may work for you, will definitely not work for almost everyone else. Next to this clan have some internal knowledge ... yes, its a fact despite huge amount of informations in CF wiki, so this also will not fit.

• :bcool: I just see OP's reply to this :bohsw: (NO) ... :bmuhahaha:

... it really is not good idea to made from old players something "extra". For some my quotes above: clan leader is a player too, he do not have magic globe to look into his members heads or anyone else. There is more as enough things to take care (for CL) as to keep track for member playing also in other clans. It still may happen, but in the past were some really bad cases with not good consequences. This all is applied in server rules which MUST be the same for all players.

.. this above is a problem when someone play as freelancer (multi-rp) for a too long time :) . Decide if stay as is or go fully for one rp must be not easy decision (atm ... with all CF MP function working this may change significantly)

• hmmm, would be like /ll command activated again ...
    but on a purly voluntary, non-obligatory base and with a damn lot of more efforts necessary:

• for the player - who wishes to play different, changing roles to create all these accounts
    • for the clan leaders to keep track

IMO it would also "bust" most of the reasons for the existence of clans at all, making them mostly obsolete, beside grown and maybe growing friendship between the clanmembers - something that also might bet busted by increasing numbers of "clan-tag-weares" who might not take really part of clan-live ...

I - personally - think, what Ori tries to achieve in terms of more roleplay and interaction could be done better with /ll command activated again :

• players who want to play/try different roles can do so by equipping different chars with different licenses and will/can be recognized as the according role by the /ll command
    • but clanmembership and clans would keep their special position, role and ... worth ;)

.... maybe, as an addition to make role-play more worth some thought before getting a license and to prevent the abuse of license switching, if technically possible :
    make them "unmountable"
    something like the power-generators, once mounted you cannot sell it and start without it mounted ... perhaps even making it unmountable at all (as said : if technically possible)

However, OP has his reasons for deactivating the /ll command ....

Edit by
    U were both faster with new replies :P 

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• little offtopic: disable this command make me to search for ppl again (and get them on scanner range at least), so it have also good sides (personal look)

• I guess if there werent so many restrictions to clan members i would like to join any clan too, and it would of course be better to join several clans to see a wide spectrum of gameplay.

But as this wont be realized at all, i will just stay freelancer and play like I want. And I dont have to be worried that i might get banned because of these silly restrictions.

Nice Idea though ... but it wont happen at all.

Best Regards / Grüße

Aldenmar Odin

• ...many restrictions to clan members...

?(?(?(
    ... beside sticking to the chosen "ROLE" of the clan, what you have to do if you mount any kind of license for role-play, what do you have in mind with "many restrictions" ?

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• I've been in SA since 2012, and let me tell you it was the best time I've spent in an online game. The highs and lows, the good and the bad, everything balanced itself to provide me a great experience. I definitely recommend joining a clan as you will have a much better time than flying solo.

• @Trinity_
    ... following the logic of Ori : ... joining more clans => getting even more "great experience" :D

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• Well, take a look here. I've been in SA since 2012, that's 3 years now. In 3 years being in SA, we've swapped the original Mercenary RP for Police RP. It took a bit to adjust to the change but now I feel just like I've felt the moment I joined SA. I wanted to be a mercenary since I started playing CF, that was my specific roleplay. And I joined SA just because they seemed perfect for my RP style.

There are some things I support that people wrote here, but having multiple clans is not really cool. You can gather more info on a clan by just joining. Like for instance, we (SA) have a great PvP guide that I made, full with videos and reading material. If you aren't in the SA, you can't really access that guide. And let me tell you that guide helped everyone that was in SA. So if, for instance, NucNuc was to join SA, he'd have access to a great guide that was made only for us. And not only that, but countless paragraphs of guides and help that he may find sitting there for everyone. I'm not sure how other clans operate but SA sticks to its roots. We explore, we defend. And we also keep our secrets and our teachings for ourselves.

• Whoaaa Trinity :salutes

Original, dont be mad at me but how should be appear such name as PirateSoul under SA tag? Clans are clans,the idea of RP for them must not be altered. Or, if it were as you say, i could make an untaged char , PirateSoul, with smug/police/merc lic.I admit i have 2 or 3 untaged chars but only for maping/exporing or testing, no RP at all and do not use any type of licenses. If someone chooses a clan then he surely wants a specific RP.Let's not change anything yet well done.I think every clan has his personality, and i like to think that.

@ SA
    Where you keep those great guides? :verwirrt:

• ?(?(?(
    ... beside sticking to the chosen "ROLE" of the clan, what you have to do if you mount any kind of license for role-play, what do you have in mind with "many restrictions" ?

...t i have 2 or 3 untaged chars but only for maping/exporing or testing,...

This e.g. is as far as i know not allowed, because when you are in a clan you cant have untagged chars??

thats one of those silly restictions, and futhermore the problem with the licences. When you loose your licence (which could happen in the past) then you could get autobanned from the sys as you are in a clan and dont have a licenece mounted.

Maybe its just my personal optinion, but thats just too risky situation and i dont want to loose all my money for that. :P

Best Regards / Grüße

Aldenmar Odin

• Even if you do loose your money, filing a report about it will result in your money being returned ASAP. So there's no point in changing the rules now

Or you just stay freelancer and dont have any problems related to clans. And you still can play together with other people on the server without any restrictions.
    Want to be a trader? No problem, want to be a pirate? Well, then be it.

What i like to say is: It would be cool to join several clans, and be able to have all the benefits.

Best Regards / Grüße

Aldenmar Odin

• I think you're missing the point here. That problem happened once and it was solved. I have yet to see it happen to someone else. So that's just empty talk. Not like there aren't issues with being a Freelancer. When you're in a clan you can always, and I really mean ALWAYS count on someone to come in and help you with WHATEVER you need, and in EVERY situation. Being a freelancer you gotta work alot to even get noticed, let alone get help from a total stranger. It may be different on CF since we all know eachother, a cool perk of being a tight knit community. What you're missing on is alot. I'm just gonna say that and end it :P

• Soul Eater wrote:
    ...t i have 2 or 3 untaged chars but only for maping/exporing or testing,...

This e.g. is as far as i know not allowed, because when you are in a clan you cant have untagged chars??

... hmmm, more kinda "grey zone", I would think. Depends mainly on clan rules I would say.

When you loose your licence (which could happen in the past) then you could get autobanned from the sys as you are in a clan and dont have a licenece mounted.

... think this is already fixed by (almost?) undestructable licenses

...want to be a pirate? Well, then be it.

... and that would certanly be a violation of server rules ... (beside not being able to use "/tax"-command)

oh, and M8s : the topic was "multiple clan membership" ... just to remember ;)

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !