renaming chars

There are 11 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by kermit.

• in crossfire 2.0 clan leaders will be able to rename ships of other players. this makes it much more attractive for players to join a clan, because now they don't have to create new chars and delete the old ones. thx a lot to dev-team for this great improvement :thankyou:

my question: is this renaming connected only to the clan-tags? i.e. a player with name "i-am-a-player" can be renamed only to "|DP|i-am-a-player" (in case he wants to join DP ;) )? or is it possible to give him a name like "|DP|i-am-a-killer" or anything else?

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

• Will be nice to give some "instructions" how to use this feature :) (and who only can use it)

• So this renaming feature is for clan use only (recruitment) or will it be allowed to rename Freelancers to Freelancers too ?
    Ofc it doesn't make sence for CL's to rename Freelancers to Freelancers, just want to know if it's possible

CF RP: Probably smuggling something or exploring the universe
    EM char: Event_Manager_Silverfox

9248-cebc88b9.png

• no its not for everyone allowed to rename
    this would only cause problems such as people starting troubles and then renaming chars to prevent being caught

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• no its not for everyone allowed to rename

I think - thougth that it was clear from the beginning, that this feature is reserved for clanleaders only (and prob admin :D ).

So this renaming feature is for clan use only (recruitment) or will it be allowed to rename Freelancers to Freelancers too ?
    Ofc it doesn't make sence for CL's to rename Freelancers to Freelancers, just want to know if it's possible

That question - I think - arose out of this : TDM-series announcement. Nice feature for an |EM| to draw people to such an event - pricewise geburtstag_27: .

Complete rename. But if you dont put the tag infront the player will be bankrupt relative fast. The leaders need to take care of that!

But with this I thought the renaming feature for clanleaders is "restricted" to renaming with a clan-tag only, according to the clan-tag the clanleader wears himself.
    So that he can give "new names" ONLY if combined with his own clan-tag.

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• oh NucNuc, it becomes complicated now.

what, if a player wants to exit the clan? then the CL must be able to rename the char again ;)

imo the ability to rename should be restricted to some certain players such as CL (maybe GR or EM would make sence too) but then without any further restrictions i.e. should be not linked to own clan.

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

• oh NucNuc, it becomes complicated now.

Maybe too much "german heavy thinking" :P on my side. :D

I absolutly share your opinion.
    I just tried to make sense of what Huor wrote.

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• it,s pretty straight forward thinking allowing clan leaders only to char name change as a sign of there the player to be approved and then showing recognition of effort to join the clan'. the post looks like it,s getting confusing but is the place for questions.
    kermit