It's been a while...

There are 11 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Well... this was a longer break than I expected. Don't know if anyone remembers me at all (wasn't too far in before I had to take a break due to life), but I decided to return. I have had a real itching to play some space sim (and SC appears to still be a long ways away... as is the day I can afford the specs needed to apparently play it 8| ). Plus, this server was full of cool people.

How has the server been since... November I guess. Anything exciting?

And hopefully this time I will have the patience to acquire enough money for a battleship! :D

• wb :) ... taking moneys for BS is not so hard :)

• Oh I know Forlon, I had a train and all. Its easy, just can take time (and/or a bit of luck with daily routes available...)

And nice to see such a warm welcome! Its always something you got to watch out for coming back to an online group after a few months; you never know where other people have been since then. Just glad to see its still running, and hoo boy am I eager to see 2.0 in action (of course, all in good time. And no, no I won't ask the question I know modders/developers hate... :P )

I have to say... going through the Lexicon, I feel like I saw a couple of ships I don't remember being in the game before... probably just because information was scarcer then. Its awesome to see how detailed the Lexicon has gotten! Now I just need to remember the kings of the VHF in terms of PvP combat; all I remember is there is basically a "final tier" of VHF, and that amongst those, the ships with the best agility/maneuverability were the best to be piloting.

EDIT: Well crap, looks like I need a new char. Serves me right for not copying account id after getting a new comp. :xD:

DOUBLE EDIT: Uh oh. I lose connection once, which is nothing unusual. But now my CF launcher crashes on startup... I'm going to try reinstalling, and double-checking it was ran as administrator.

I swear, UAC can go... well, do something bad to itself. :P

Edited 2 times, last by Daverin: Additional Info ().

• I, err... okay then. So, whenever I boot it up, it tells me the program has "stopped working", and asks me to press the kill command. Thing is... it works just fine. If I just wait, it will load completely, let me press multiplayer, and work fine from there... all while the computer thinks it stopped working.

Notably, it seems to be related to the different launcher you get after the first time through. Just weird. But oh well.

• Hi Daverin! Welcome back. With regards to the launcher. There were/are some issues with it but those have been dealt with by the new launcher that will be part of 2.0. In the meantime, as a gentle reminder, you do have to let the launcher complete it loading and updating. When I would get the "stopped working" message I would hit the kill button, let MS Win look for a solution and then finding none close the app down. I would then immediately relaunch and 9 out of 10 times it runs right up with no issues. Just something to try. I am currently not on the server while we work on 2.0 but will see you there when we are done.

Gearhead10.png

[size=10]Cooler Master HAF 912 Chassis; ASUS PRIME B660M - A WIFI D4; Intel Core i7-12700F,25MB Cache, LGA1700; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Corsair 16GB (4x4GB 2000 MHZ DDR3); 1NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OG 12G Ti, Corsair RM 1000 PSU, Micron 256GB SSD (Win 11), WD Caviar Black HDD (640GB - Win 11 64), Samsung SyncMaster BX2440 (Digital)

The Personal World Clock

• wb

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• yeah

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!