Ship sight

There are 20 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by thelostone.

• Hello,

Crossfire is awesome, but still I have one trouble.

Is it possible to change the sight color (red) or to restore the original game sight? Its just that red sight on red ennemies is too confusing for me. :/

Thank you!

:)

PS: hope this is good section to post.
    PSII: could not find anything on search...

• Hi, if with "sight" (from sniper weapons) you mean the crosshair/cursor, then, the original one is still one of the options, but now that you installed the full thing, simply change what cursor you use, without reinstalling anything, you have the full info on this question of our FAQ:
    index.php?page=FaqDetail&category=7#question127

Just renaming 2 files does the trick :)

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• alternatively, you could re-install the mod, but this time choose the colour blind option, the sight will then be white.
    I am colour blind myself and couldn't see the red sight in most of space, I still have troubles coz enemies turn red.

have fun

Ray OK

• Hi,

Thanks! Yes I effectivelly meant crosshair...

Well looking at the link I quite like the original one ore the set number 4 but not sure how to do it... If I change the crosshair set, how do I select the colour to white or green???

Also, I have never seen any option like blind color in the game/mod instal.

I feel the solution is close ;)

• Uh, you don't pick the colors, those change depending on what target is the crosshair, if in space, it is thin red one, on friendly targets, it's green, and when the cursor is over hostile targets, and white on neutral stuff.

So you just pick one of those 5 crosshair models, all having exactly the same colors (including the original), or you can also pick the color blind version, which is one of the options at the menu you get when you click on Activate on Crossfire in the Freelancer Mod Manager (aka FLMM). But for that you gotta uninstall freelancer, delete what's left in the Freelancer install folder, restore backups on the FLMM (Tools->Restore Backups or just pressing CTRL+R), installing Freelancer again, then activating Crossfire with the desired options again. This time you could check the FAQ and features/options thread that explains the important options to be picked.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Ok ok ok...

So I maaged to change the crosshair set to number 4 by renaming the file cfcursor5.txm into cursor.txm (and deleting the previous cursor.txm)
    Not sure its how it should be done but it works...

For the blind colour option, I think I rather get used to the color set.. Too much to do it all over after fixing the widescreen thing to 1366x768 and restoring the original text layout (could not read the crossfire style even if very nice as space future stye ^^)

Thank you all!

• Well, you know, when you activated the mod, if you would pick a different HUD, instead of the new golden one, you could have the default fonts, and even default color, or different colors and still default font :P

Anyway, hope it's all cool now,

Have fun !
    -Mike

• Hi,

Okay I will look for other HUD mods and stuff.

But I realised I never had all the options to select when I activated Crossfire through FLMM... Is it becuse I used the 1.51 instead of the 1.31 version?

Thank you gain for your help :)

• Hi overben,

FLMM 1.31 is only one version which should be used for CF mod activation ... if you used different version before, many different problems could happen ...

• Thanks!

Then I am doing it over! I saw effectively the option menu... So will see ^^

Sorry for these questions that I have to say were explained in the FAQ, but I felt so exited to install this game that once were among my favorites when I heard of Crossfire mod 1.9 and the upcoming 2.0 that rebuilt the game entirely as the Freelancer 2 was cancelled!

What a Freelancer community out there!!

:)

• Well I reinstalled everything from scratch and I have now a big problem. I have seen some people to have it too but cant find the solution.

I activated crossfire mod as Open SP.

Every time I start the game, I am trapped in Freeport 7 with no mission way point or means to get out and reach Toledo... Does Crossfire start normally from there or can we play the entire story from Manhatan?

I am lost... :( I just have unistalled and reinstalled everything (base game, FLMM 1.3, crossfire 1.9) 3 times ...

• Look into your FL directory for file caled OpenSPFix.cmd .. run it .. and check after.

• That is correct. Make sure you have the game closed when you do that fix ^^ And run it as Administrator if it doesn't work on the first try.

• Thanks, did both and nothing better.

What is the real diff between Normal and Open SP in the end??? I am reactivating the mod with Normal just to see if it works

• the openSPfix of course does only work when you disable the i-net while launching

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I finally got it work with Normal Single Player after a full unistall from register and clean install.

Just saying I don't like Juni sexy outfit 1... is 2 better? Can I change? ^^

Well I have another issue... I almost dont take damage, even at 5 against one in lost areas... don't understand?! Its almost a god mod. Ruins the pleasure of exploring with stress and surprise!

Any ideas? Juni outfit is clearly my priority lol.

• I guess you would have to reinstall it all, but all clean, because that part of god mod is very unusual -_- It's also the safest way to change Juni's outfit :D

• Hi!

I did it again and the result is great!

Juni sexy outfit 2 is much better ^^ and its over with this kind of god mod. But crossfire is much harder than the base game! Real tough! Guess its more a multi than an SP game to be played.

Thanks again for your help messages!

• That's cool.

About the game being hard, well, it was ment to be more challenging than vanilla since NPCs are smarter, move better (as in better fighting styles) , know how to use batteries/nanobots/CMs/mines (without spamming), the game is not more a MP one than SP, it's pretty much balanced, just, more challenging, you know, like for people who played this game quite a while and can kill vanilla NPCs while sleeping.

Anyway, better looking after the top class 10 guns soon, as it will get bumpy once in the Crossfire part of the campaign.