Most aggravating game ever

There are 40 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Gunny.

• also had 4-5 crashes yesterday
    right now i think this is related to the new season

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Mine is crashing a more regularly now, and it's clearly down to the new content. Factor in there's been a patch practically everyday since the new content was released and it's not difficult to work out where the issue is. It's been more stable the last couple of times i've played it, so things are clearly improving.

• Hmm....maybe then I did fix what was on my end of the crashes and the current ones are just do to the current status of the game. Hopefully the info sent back through the cryptic error reporter will help them fix some of the bugs/crashes. Now it sounds like it's not just me having crashes which was the case before I reloaded everything.

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

• yes maintenance was canceled just to restart half an hour later

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I don't know what they changed after yesterdays server crashes and update...but now I have only been able to get into the game 1 time, and every step I take brings up "server not responding". I've tried several times for last 24 hours and only actually got my char to load into game 1 time. All other times...I get connection timed out while trying to load character screen.....arrrrr....I really love this latest "server stability" fix.
    I'll be back around once the damn game lets me :(
    I looked again at all the firewall settings and such....whatever it is isn't on my end, oh well, good voyages....I'll join you all when I can

"marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

• Update....must just be my pc, I never did get the game to not crash pretty often. Oh well, I'll keep on keeping on and take breaks when the crashes drive me crazy again

Cya in space

• Didn't want to start a new thread.....but tried playing again today. This game hates my pc/setup/hardware/IDK. Anyway, I'll try doing a whole reload of game next week and see if it helps any....but at this point I can't join any teams, help other players or have any fun playing...so the game is a completely useless and aggravating endeavor for me. This is about my last attempt to make the game run decently on this system...and I don't see any major upgrades in my near future.

Perhaps it's better that I give the fleet 2 more open slots and retire....IDK. I do know that when I sign in and try to play that immediate crashes and crap make me a less hospitable team player and that I am doing no good helping anyone when I get pissed off at the game.....so

Good voyages to all.......I hope to see you all in space in the future

• Cmon
    dont give up
    there must be a reason for this
    maybe drivers... maybe something can be found in the logs

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Last week I ran into a problem with my (new) comp not recognizing my mouse when I woke it from standby mode. Turns out it was related to a Windows Critical Update; when I rolled back to the "restore point" my mouse was fine again. Not suggesting that it will be this simple, but sometimes hardware & software get into a "pissing match" over how the environment should look... 8|

BTW: this happened on 2 consecutive days of Windows updates... :cursing:

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• I'll get it figured out someday......but not an issue with updates, there are none for win xp ^^
    Mostly it seems a problem with graphics card driver? but I have tried every driver ever released from the manufacture and from amd with this card and none help to resolve the issue. Card is Sapphire HD 4870 and has no issues with anything else I have ever played. Maybe a different graphics card would solve the issue, but that's not an option at this time.
    Not giving up...but giving in for now

Good voyages to all

Edit, I do need to get online and turn about 40-50 blue and purple doffs to commons so you might see me around a little bit 8).

Edited once, last by Marauder: add ().

• every tried a modern windows?

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• :) yeah....it's 1st on the upgrade list

• I'm running STO on Win7 Pro, 32-bit; it's not perfect, but even with the on-board graphics in my CPU, it's pretty good. I do tend to get some lag if ANY other programs are running whilst logged in to the STO server (antivirus updates, etc, etc).

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• I would suggest running a Windows repair , uninstall your graphics driver and then install the latest drivers. There's a host of other things that can be done, but I would need access to your laptop/pc.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• Haven't had a chance to make any progress due to wildfires in the area. I'm sitting about 5-7 miles in between six different fires and have been helping friends evacuate their neighborhoods and crossing my fingers that it will soon be over. Overall I think I'm in a pretty safe zone due to topography and such, but you never know. The Santa Anna winds are calming down and the temps should drop and get a bit of moisture back to the air so it is looking good in a day or 2 to have the worst behind.

Thanks the suggestions G....I may try some of that before upgrading to Win7 (I think I'm going to get win 7 pro 64 bit), just to see if I learn anything along the way

Cyas all soon I hope

• Well it seems that I have made progress as to why this was happening. Gunny suggested changes to my page file settings and it seems to have helped a lot. I haven't tested enough to know that it's completely fixed, but initial testing is promising.....now if I only had more time to play !! I should be around more often soon tho and will try to check in most evenings for at least short sessions.

Cya's all in space

• sounds promising

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,