rp or what

There are 18 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• i,m in oassis with a bounty on my head thanks to lc soul looking for action however while in oasis yep cargo bay half full and heat all over me in a mission a coward drops in the group and guns me down. ofcourse it docks me and yep he racks straight of to n/y. i finish the rest of the red npc,s and off to x3043 to do missions there. bang run in to him there defending myself to dock with the planet yep destroyed again. this is a r/p mserver yep realize that, but that is a cowards act to me. watch your back vyssotsky angry not normally but in this case the gloves are off

kermit

• btw its from "rp view" criminal action. ... so if is this reported to police, such bounty-hunter can be arrested :vinsent:

• Half of that is actually against the server rules (unless he missed some important detail), that's the main issue.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• From what I understood from the post:

So you had a bounty on you and a merc picked it up in Oasis. He doesn't have to declare "defend", or wait for you to finish, sell or anything. If you have a bounty, you're a target. If he went to NY to dock there after the kill, that's shitty and using NY as a shield. If he went through it to get to somewhere, nothing's wrong.

Honor, cowardice, suprise attack - all irrelevant. You're a target if you have a bounty on you. It still baffles me how many times people forget that.

As for the X-3043 happenings, I have no idea what went on there (from your description, all I can gather is that you died in PvP but I can't deduce what was the reason for it).

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• He got OoRP attacked by a mercenary, by what he said, which is the part against the rules.

That because he didn't mention having a bounty on his head when he was in X, a merc cannot attack somebody if there is no visible bounty on him (self defence or client-self defence is not counted as "attacking somebody", as that is just answering the fire.).

It is not "PvP" when you are peacefully killing NPCs and you suddenly get killed by a player. A PvP has to be agreed by both parts before happening, outside Arena.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Honor, cowardice, suprise attack - all irrelevant. You're a target if you have a bounty on you. It still baffles me how many times people forget that.

... Yes, its fully correct. Players with bounty should know that they can be attacked by mercenary anytime, anywhere and is on mercenary how he decide attack. On other side such mercenary can be ("should be" is much better) chased by police, arrested, fined or killed if refuse "cooperation" ;)

Michael: please let this OORP part confirmed by kermit, but NOT HERE ... proper place for report rules break (or if players think it can be rules break) is Ticket-system .. category "Crossfire - Broken Server Rule"

• Yeah, sure, I didn't report anything or such to use such caps letters on me... but since he didn't report it as a Broken Server Rule, means he did not know about it being actually wrong by the rules, not just by bad behaviour. Somebody had to tell him about that ^^

• Nothing new, I arrested many enough mercs myself, and I seen many enough banned mercs ^^ Seen good and bad mercs, but hopefully we'll get to see more good mercs.

• Think I will go arrest a Merc... he won't make it to prison.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• What!!! This is pure fiction! I collected the bounty perfectly within the rules. I then received messages complaining that I had acted in a cowardly fashion which I ignored, only to received further abusive messages. I therefore left the area and went to X. This character followed me there and attacked me; I did not attack him. I assumed this was in retaliation for me collecting a bounty. I defended myself as I am entitled to do within the rules. I do not attack players out of RP and there was nothing out of RP on this occasion. This is crazy we a playing a game, posts like this only make OP want to close the whole thing down. Grow up M8 and stop throwing your toys out of your pram.

This character followed me there and attacked me;

Sorry but when he is in front/first, and you behind, it's you "following him", not him, even though you didn't really follow him, just going back to X as always.

I eventually saw what happened there, he was again making missions in X, (so he was there before you) but then you got too close to him by going to the planet (and last time you got close to him, you killed him with no warning, making him loose all the pods he collected), so he fired 3 CDs at you to slow you down so he can safely dock with Planet Crossfire, all the move being in HIS self defence considering the last time you and him met.

But I know you didn't follow him there, not purposedly to kill him, it's just that X is a main system where people meet, and also that you took some CDs as being attacked... and fired back at him with more than just CDs and killed him, again.

---> The problem was not what he did, also, it's not what you did, both had a good/logic reason for what you did, the problem is that you two did not talk to eachother, and instead, you spreaded your problem to others on the forum. This was a common issue before, instead of understanding what the other is thinking about and why he does something, you just stop talking to eachother, and call as much attention from other players you can, WITHOUT planning/wanting to do it, you just do it instinctively, and THAT is what made the problem you have now.

So, did you two see where the problem was ? Both of you think you did well and the other did wrong, so you both acted in self defence thinking the other guy is the bad one. But none of you actually wanted to do anything wrong/bad... and because you stopped talking to eachother thinking the other one is bad, you had no way to see the other guy's real intentions, not the stuff you think.

• I WAS followed I got to X before he did. He did attack me first! What is this... I do NOT act out of RP. Michael if you were there and if this happened as you say it did, why do you not raise the subject then? If I get abusive messages I ignore them. As has happened here it only leads to more problems. Why did he not respond when I asked him why he attacked me? As I said before this is crazy, what the hell is this all about? I have played this MOD for 8 or 9 years now and have never been accused of acting out of RP. I am extremely annoyed about this whole affair which I believe has been completely distorted. I am sorry Michael but you have got this completely wrong from a player who did not like having his bounty taken and that is the simple truth. You have taken one persons account of what happened without checking the facts or getting the other side of the story.

Reporting Rule Breakers
    If you are aware of somebody breaking the rules, then you should report this to the Server Police [GR] or Administration. Evidence of the infraction will be required, this can be either through witnesses to the event or screen captures. Screen captures are made by pressing the Print Screen button; this will put a screen print in the “My Pictures” directory of “My Documents”. The “/time” command should be used to show when any incident happened. If no evidence is available then the Server Police may be unable to act but they should still be informed so they are aware of the situation and able to keep an eye on it. Server Police [GR]will deal with all problems in whatever method they deem appropriate. Players do not have the right to police Crossfire and should not attempt to do so. Reports to the Server Police [GR] should be done so privately. Public accusations will not be tolerated either with or without evidence of the infraction.
    It also is possible to use the Forums Ticketsystem to report rule violations

Please: TicketSystem

• Make a funny comment and it gets deleted. Where's the fun?

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• SImple, go to "Off Topic" if you want funny stuff, the rest is to support people.