Graphical troubles on clean CF/FL install

There are 154 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon.

• Hi Huor and yeah I've tried it on compatibility mode and still the same blurry skyboxes and blocky explosions and i have been installing it right using "run as administrator" and all that. I'm thinking it might have to do with the card or the amount of Vram as i remember in GTA 4 there was a similar problem with cards that had more than 2GB of Vram and i have a 4GB GTX 680. Has anyone who has this problem tried it with a different graphics card but on the same system?

• Hi guys well i haven't a clue whats wrong with 1.9 and my computer but tried everything and it doesn't work. I've installed 1.8 and at the very least the white textures have stopped and the explosions look right aswell, the skyboxes still look kinda blurry but i can deal with that. I was wondering if there was any way to put the 1.9 systems, story, equipment and ships into 1.8? as the new graphics just don't work for some reason.

• you cant put CF1.9 stuff into CF1.8

graphic issues are usually driver related, you should check that first

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Well thanks for the reply but like everyone else who has had these white textures and square explosions I can't seem to fix them and i have tried everything. But anyway well done on the mod it looks really good from what I've seen on you tube I just cant get it to run like that on mine.

• in my eyes the problem is related to a limitation of the texture buffer of certain graphic cards

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• jeramond I know whats the issue there. We had people with the same issue for a lot of times. It's the thing that makes me LOL alot. I'll explain it to you how you should do it to make it look normal

1. Right click on your Freelancer Crossfire shortcut, click "Properties"

2. In the Target part, you can see there's nothing added. What you need to do press space after the last entering and add -dx in there.

3. That should do the trick for the first part. Now you need to open the folder "My Documents/My Games/Freelancer" and find the file named PerfOptions and open it (With Notepad)

4. That's how it should look. The main part that makes your screen blurry and the textures and explosions white are Color_bpp and Depth_bpp and High_detail_textures but, just to be safe, I'll upload you my PerfOptions file. (Just click on PerfOptions here and it'll redirect you)

5. When you do this, you'll probably have everything normal, buuuuuuuuuuut if you want to change your resoultion to... lets say 1920x1080, make sure you put the desired resolution like this 1920x1080x32 instead of 1920x1080x16 because the 32bit has got higher quality then the 16bit one.

• Well thanks for the suggestion but i've done that a million times lol. and you might be right op so i've now tried copying over certain folders from the vanilla game and the 1.82 mod and it seems to be working I have sorted out the explosions by copying over the FX folder from 1.82 and they now look right. I then copied over the characters folder from the vanilla game and then put the 1.82 character folder over that. I still have the white Manhattan bar but at least juni's head isn't pure white and the uniforms of the medics who carry in lonigan in are the right colour aswell. The space backgrounds are still blurry but i can live with that. I don't suppose you know the files for the textures of the Manhattan bar are?

• Yeah I was thinking that I wouldn't be able to go on multiplayer but atleast single player is now playable lol and honestly with the graphics the way they are on my computer it would put me off playing mp anyway lol

• Okay guys I think I have finally properly fixed this after getting to a certain part in the new story doing what i had done with merging different folders it kept on crashing so I deleted everything and after a while I decided to upgrade my bios so I did that and also deleted everything to do with my graphics card and then installed the latest graphics driver then i followed the faq with installing crossfire and also put my graphics card info in the flconfigdatabase file and then started it up let it update and then went to the options and changed it to my resolution only this time i noticed that it said 32 after the resolution which hadn't happened before then after setting the options I exited freelancer and then started it up again and started a new game and everything was right the way it was supposed to be. So if anyone else has had the problems I had been having try updating the bios and uninstall all traces of your graphics card and then install the latest one and that should work

• no i tried the -dx with a clean install and that didn't work and i didn't need to do that this time for it to work properly. but if what i did helps someone else i'm glad as quite a few people have had this problem and as far as I know they have never been able to fix this problem.

• Well, first time i heard about this Junis's head btw... not to worry, the others will definitely able to help you... me, not so good in this computer thing actually...

• I have an AMD HD 6990, and yes but only the first 2 shots are of the problem I have so far ( the medics all bright white and bar and junis head all white)

• when I opened up the notepad with the info I got really confused as it was all jumbled up so I could not really understand where I was suppose to place the info. As it stand im still having fun with the game even with the minor issue but I can live with them :) after all when you are in a battleship blowing stuff up how are u not having fun :p