Posts by jeramond

no i tried the -dx with a clean install and that didn't work and i didn't need to do that this time for it to work properly. but if what i did helps someone else i'm glad as quite a few people have had this problem and as far as I know they have never been able to fix this problem.

Okay guys I think I have finally properly fixed this after getting to a certain part in the new story doing what i had done with merging different folders it kept on crashing so I deleted everything and after a while I decided to upgrade my bios so I did that and also deleted everything to do with my graphics card and then installed the latest graphics driver then i followed the faq with installing crossfire and also put my graphics card info in the flconfigdatabase file and then started it up let it update and then went to the options and changed it to my resolution only this time i noticed that it said 32 after the resolution which hadn't happened before then after setting the options I exited freelancer and then started it up again and started a new game and everything was right the way it was supposed to be. So if anyone else has had the problems I had been having try updating the bios and uninstall all traces of your graphics card and then install the latest one and that should work

Well thanks for the suggestion but i've done that a million times lol. and you might be right op so i've now tried copying over certain folders from the vanilla game and the 1.82 mod and it seems to be working I have sorted out the explosions by copying over the FX folder from 1.82 and they now look right. I then copied over the characters folder from the vanilla game and then put the 1.82 character folder over that. I still have the white Manhattan bar but at least juni's head isn't pure white and the uniforms of the medics who carry in lonigan in are the right colour aswell. The space backgrounds are still blurry but i can live with that. I don't suppose you know the files for the textures of the Manhattan bar are?

Well thanks for the reply but like everyone else who has had these white textures and square explosions I can't seem to fix them and i have tried everything. But anyway well done on the mod it looks really good from what I've seen on you tube I just cant get it to run like that on mine.

Hi guys well i haven't a clue whats wrong with 1.9 and my computer but tried everything and it doesn't work. I've installed 1.8 and at the very least the white textures have stopped and the explosions look right aswell, the skyboxes still look kinda blurry but i can deal with that. I was wondering if there was any way to put the 1.9 systems, story, equipment and ships into 1.8? as the new graphics just don't work for some reason.

Hi Huor and yeah I've tried it on compatibility mode and still the same blurry skyboxes and blocky explosions and i have been installing it right using "run as administrator" and all that. I'm thinking it might have to do with the card or the amount of Vram as i remember in GTA 4 there was a similar problem with cards that had more than 2GB of Vram and i have a 4GB GTX 680. Has anyone who has this problem tried it with a different graphics card but on the same system?