Freelancer 2 is still a WIP or a failed attempted?

There are 27 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• It's been awhile and no word was given at all from a long time on the Freelancer 2 Project, since the sneak-peek of the demo of that engine you guys used. Is the Freelancer 2 Project is still in actaul production or was it scratched?

• That project was something that we intended to do after the CF2.0 release. Please be patient with us, our day only has 24 hours.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Awesomeness! Yeah give them time, keep up the good work!

What I realy wonder is what happened to Freelancer Company? Didn't they ever think of re-working on the FL 2 project?

• Maybe they just don't wan't to begin the project... :verysad:

Or they want to give us CF 2.0 and then FL 2. As OP said, there's only 24 hours a day. He probably has less than 3 hours a day (if that) to work on the entire community, he has a life too and CF isn't his fulltime job I think. Oh yeah and he's also busy with the building of the SWAT community fleet on Star Trek Online, he's a very busy man if you think about it

[box=yellow]A Proud Member of the Lost Prophets Pirate Clan![/box]

[box=blue]Also Proud Leader of the CSF Faction![/box]

{LP} is recruiting! Please visit here for more details!

Arrrrrrrrrrrr Maty!

• No you understand me wrong, i was talking about freelancer 2 not CF 2.0 i know its not easy to be mayde mod for this is need mouths even eayrs and specific knowledge and other things, and i don't tell that OP is lazy if you think that. :!:

Always have a thought for those you care about. That way they will never be forgotten even after they are gone.

• What I realy wonder is what happened to Freelancer Company? Didn't they ever think of re-working on the FL 2 project?

He means he was speaking of the actual "Freelancer company" not us at this portal.

Anyway, no, they won't ever think of releasing the FL 2 project since the main company building it is gone. Microsoft was just keeping them, not directly working on the game.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Digitial Anvil is a dead company.
    While Chris Roberts ran the work on FL they couldnt produce the expected results and the development took way too long. The company was sold to Microsoft in order to get FL finished and released. And thats it.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Its just it been a long while since anyone else had heard about it. For the Freelancer 2 Project your doing, is it possible to contribute or if anything is contributed, they need to be in a certain format? I have quite a few models I have, some ship models and some station modual models. Theyre kinda just sitting around on me PC.

• No you understand me wrong, i was talking about freelancer 2 not CF 2.0 i know its not easy to be mayde mod for this is need mouths even eayrs and specific knowledge and other things, and i don't tell that OP is lazy if you think that. :!:

Oh no, I thought you meant that they scrapped the project, I'm just saying that its still in OP's plans, just that he hasn't come to it yet :)

[box=yellow]A Proud Member of the Lost Prophets Pirate Clan![/box]

[box=blue]Also Proud Leader of the CSF Faction![/box]

{LP} is recruiting! Please visit here for more details!

Arrrrrrrrrrrr Maty!

• 3ds or obj would b good

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I save them in both formats, but for universal purpouses, it will be in .obj format. Since its late for me, since I have to wake up at 6 AM for College, heres a single perspective shots of my models, I can make multi-shot perspective, but Ill have to wait till tomorrow.

Killzone inspired Transport

Small speedy train(no name for it yet)

The H.U.T.T

Zoner Concept cruiser

Civilian Transport, Heavy Armored

Large Scale Warship

Zoner Freighter(Needs work still for the organic touch)

Civilian Cruiser that was rejected by Disco due to their own incompatence

• Yeah, I am, also the reason for the lack of textures is that me and UV mapping do not get along ever so well. I lost the code for my other 3 characters from Disco, so I had to make 3 new ones. But, if you take the converstation about Disco to the Starport, alot of people there keep a objective view, being open about it, and believed that Disco has some good, but Gallia, Bombers, ID Cards, and Player-Governed Factions that are offical factions have horrible stability. I am trying to portray like 9 characters that are part of a organization called the Sirius Science Committee. Issue is that not alot of people were willing to join, even though it was open to anyone with a mutual rep torwards most factions.

Technically, if I gave SWAT Dev team the models, I think the way they would be textured would be up to the devs. Anyway, I like to try concepts out before presenting them. But as it has become obvious, people of Disco(Not the Devs themselves) reject any serious changes that would cause alterations for the server.

• Just a question... While we wait with a HUGE excitement, is there a possibility of an Alpha Demo version of the project? We'd really appreciate to test this awesome game! :D Maybe an Alpha or Beta... Something like this. Even the small part on the video is ok, where you fly around a station and 3 Liberty Siege Cruisers just standing there. Awesome work!

• very likely that chosen members get the chance to play and test it
    even the tech demo that i showed long ago is practically playble

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,