Elite:Dangerous

There are 79 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Trinity_.

• i am drooling at the prospect of an Elite sequel. i played the original Elite on a Spectrum then the sequel on the Atari 512.

David Braben sounds a lot more positive than the other guy hawking the prospect of a new game. at least these ideas have merit and a release date is mentioned. can't take too much notice of that though, release dates on games a notorious for their delays.

with this one though, i live more in hope than expectation. maybe it is the cynic in me, it never used to be that way. we change as we get older LOL

Ray OK

• "In it were eight galaxies each with 256 star systems. Each planet in those systems had its own legal system, economy and so on. Clearly some magic had to happen to fit it into 22K, and that magic was procedural generation."
    wow..

"“Frontier” followed in 1993 on 16 bit computers, and pushed these procedural techniques further. In it I made a model of the whole of the Milky Way galaxy with all 100,000,000,000 or so star systems, and many more planets and moons, each of which you could visit. "

OMG O.o

The rest of it sounds great, and it seems that the 5k ones are sold out, the ones including a dinner with him and the team ^^ A central system with your name sounds tempting too...

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• O.M.F.G :arghs:

As you all know i rate Braben/Bell as the Founders of ALL space sims, and they have my respects..... But Really !!!!!!!
    ANOTHER Micro payments backed project....give me an effing break............

He saw what Roberts has done, and has jumped on the band wagon...really really sad..

Is this NOW the shape of things to come with making new games, in that case, i want NO part of it.

OP........ PLEASE don't go down this route, i beg of you.... :thankyou: :P ;)

So ppl, just donate to Crossfire, so we can blow these sorry ass cons outa the water.

Enuff said....

Rgds

Cygna

Edit: I am now wearing a black armband in the loss of sanity for these Game Designers....

Edited once, last by Cygna: . ().

• No, I believe in getting paid for "done" work

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Cygna,

you might have a look at the FAQ on THIS site.

No micropayment, no subsciption. Pretty much the same Star Citizen will be organized - in payment terms.
    Seems to be the way server based games will go on this days.

But even though I never played elite (started my "pc-game-addiction" quite some time after it) I still render
    this project MORE trustworthy than Chris Roberts.

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• And this project leaders do not belittle others work or claim to save the world.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Yes NucNuc I have been to this site, but it still doesn't change my opinion on
    what i said in my post further up.
    Call me old fashion, but i prefer to buy my games through a proper source
    like a computer store or on the net.

Braben, has just jumped on the band wagon,,, he saw what Roberts has done, and he
    IS doing something simular to him.
    I understand that he is not trying to save the world or belittle others as OP put it, but imho
    its STILL not the best way and looks wrong to me.

Rgds

Cygna

Edited once, last by Cygna: . ().

• I can't see anything wrong with him jumping on the bandwaggon. If anything, I trust him to pull this off before CR. And if he get's the good old elite a much needed boost into the current technology, then even better.
    But at the end of the day, none of those two will be Freelancer, and that is all I care about. I will take a copy of Freelancer into the grave with me just to be sure I can play it in the "afterlife" :-)

• personally I am hoping more more alternatives

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Their video showing a bit about the game's mechanics, on kickstarter, is nice.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• No micropayment, no subsciption. Pretty much the same Star Citizen will be organized - in payment terms.

What the makes the things more strange is that the one that should have already the money for an investment, and also the right contacts, 'cause it has been involved in some other activities, is just Chris Roberts !

• @ Cygna

I totally agree with you. Once you'va bought a game, that should be it
    and you should be enabled to play hwen ever and WHEREEVER you want,
    on a server somewhere or on your own good old PC at home - stand alone -
    and NOT being FORCED to play via the net.

Crusader said
    But at the end of the day, none of those two will be Freelancer, and that is all I care about. I will take a copy of Freelancer into the grave with me just to be sure I can play it in the "afterlife" :-)

Don't know if that would be possible in germany. Might be considered
    "special to treat waste" (Sondermüll). ^^

@ Rexor

Something I asked myself : where is all his money from his "great films" gone ? :P

..jumped on the bandwaggon. ...

Well, in a way David Braben even took the lead of the band. As far as I got told by some of the kickstarter community
    he set one of the highest pledge goal ever on kickstarter. :S
    Perhaps not one of the best ideas, might keep people away, being afraid, that it might not be reached.

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

Edited 2 times, last by NucNuc: edit due to info by /\/\ichael ^^, due to checking exchange ().

• David Braden made his pledge in BRITISH POUND STERILNG !
    Just checked the exchange : 1 pound stering = 1.605 US $ , means : plegde IS 2 000 000 in US $
    (even slightly more, dpemdeing on day-exchange rates)

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• lol

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,