Questions, suggestions for CF 2.0

There are 350 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by maishaf74.

• Hmm... Well, MOAR SHIPS!!!111 - is just a good idea. But when I played SP, i had a little time to search something (thats why when I played SP quests - ol' good Sabre all da way), and thus I even dont know where to get them
    Oh, and my own dream: IRL Hind helicopter (Or Apache... Or a Havoc...) without a rotor, but with engines (on place of exhaust tubes) as a transport/heavy fighter :)

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• BS will be nightmare in asteroids fields

BS is almost alway a nightmare in asteroid fields. When I played a Freelancer Discovery mod and got a Nomad Battleship... That was REALLY pain in... um, one place :).

• Our BSes are pretty much compatible with asteroid fields, but if there'd be a BS with THAT shape, 3 wings into 3 directions, that'd be impossible to get past an asteroid field ^^ Actually it'd have problems with trade lanes/docking rings, but it would use moors...

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Well... Thats the reason why if I even would buy a Nomad BS - just for screens, not for actual combat. :)
    And, BTW, BSses have a world of trouble when its about Trade Lanes and Jump Gates.
    Back to the "new flyable ships" - I think not so much ships are needed.

• Yeah , we have enough ships that we don't even use.

Except , if it's possible to modify them (like increasing the resistance of heavy weapons , missiles , torpedos.. etc by ourselves which costs money or something else of value). Modifying equipment or ships just like in the other games , you add whatever upgrade you think it's best for you and so on. Of course if the FL code allows it and if it's a good idea that could be added.

• That reminds me a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky or Call Of Pripyat games, where you can modify your weapons and outfit. Well, I dont think that could be possible in FL, but here is an idea: create an item called "Full Ship Upgrade", which can be Power Generator, Shield Upgrade, Armor Upgrade in all and additionally can have a negative cargo space (cleaning cargo space by tightening ship's systems). Or more special types. For example, ERA (explosive reactive armor) could protect from rocket damage, Power Accumulator could increase the ships power cells (without increasing its regen), or a Armor Regenerator could make your armor regenerate from, for example, reactor's exhaust or a star dust, microscopic debris, etc.

If it is all codable, of course.

REDACTED: Another suggestion: some DK equipment for sale on DK stations. Shields, missile launchers, DK thruster, some kind of DK power generator (it could be OP, but "living conditions" in Inner Core are not a child's sandbox too) and armor/shield upgrade, etc. And BTW, why Coalition uses Sirius-developed shieldgens? They should have their own shields at least (not talking about station/capships turrets, cruise disruptors, mines and CM droppers)(Seems to pedantic, if it is - ignore suggestion)

Edited once, last by Ajay: Another idea came another day, I decided to add it to existing post and not creating another ().

• Armor Upgrade in all and additionally can have a negative cargo space (cleaning cargo space by tightening ship's systems)

But armor upgrade will add more mass, so more inertia, less agility etc. ......

A nice thing could be change the Nanobots with an Armor Regenerator System that every time is used, by a sort (... In sci-fi speaking, of couse) of electromagnetic field, based on liquid metal, fill the little cracks of the hull.
    Would be more realistic.

Edited once, last by Rexor: Add comment ().

• But armor upgrade will add more mass, so more inertia, less agility etc. ......

I didnt refined this idea yet :) Well, that was originally an idea for a single up which buffs almost everything.
    Another developement: so-called "Specification pack". The Hit-and-runner pack (increases speed), The Meatshield pack (increases armor and shield regen) and The Heavy-hitter pack (increases power output, and so on). Only one pack can be installed at a time.
    Well, just another idea: install more than one thruster (could be helluva OP).

• Installing more than a thruster's not an option, GRs have it on the Ragnarok ship, and it hits over cruise speed instantly, missiles, CDs, guns, everything would be pretty much useless if fighters get 2 thrusters. Also counting ping, lag and such, it''d be as if everyone just teleports arround the system :D Try PvP like that.

The other ideas of the packs are great though.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• I remember last winter, when I played a Freelancer mod called "Rebalanced", where there are a lot of upgrades (shield regenerations, armor, power generators ....) that you can use.
    But this mod is unbalanced (ironic :D ) 'cause you, at the end, can have a so powerful fighters that's it's boring to play.

• Installing more than a thruster's not an option, GRs have it on the Ragnarok ship, and it hits over cruise speed instantly, missiles, CDs, guns, everything would be pretty much useless if fighters get 2 thrusters. Also counting ping, lag and such, it''d be as if everyone just teleports arround the system :D Try PvP like that.

The other ideas of the packs are great though.

Well... That idea was from SP mod :) Specification packs were taken from Metro 2033 shooter, where protagonist could buy on his choose or more armored outfit, or more silent.

• I remember last winter, when I played a Freelancer mod called "Rebalanced", where there are a lot of upgrades (shield regenerations, armor, power generators ....) that you can use.

But this mod is unbalanced (ironic :D ) 'cause you, at the end, can have a so powerful fighters that's it's boring to play.

I played Rebalance too. Once I got a BS beam turret on a fighter, that became boring too fast. And beam turret was even larger than a ship!
    And BTW about prisoner pods, they also can be sold on Planet Murmansk. I learned it only today.

• I played Rebalance too. Once I got a BS beam turret on a fighter, that became boring too fast. And beam turret was even larger than a ship!

:D However, in that mod, you'll got a too much powerful fighters even without install guns like the Klingon battleship disrupter cannons for ex. It's an insane mod. But could be good without so powerful guns and triple shields for ex. .

I didn't know about escape pods that can be sell on Coalition space.

• I thought that too. When I landed that giant planet, i was surprised by prices for pods. But thats is logical. If Murmansk is a industrial planet, probably, Coalition uses the prisoners as a workers.

• And something more about prisoner pods. It is strange that Ensign pods cost 30 000, lower, than the Corporal ones (but Ensign is between sergeant and lieutenant), and Major pods cost 80 000, lower, than the lieutenant ones (100 000).

• Depends in whats nation army you might be/have been in.
    Almost every army - or navy - get some differences in thier ranking systems. .... So does Crossfire ;-)

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• Ah, thats the point. And I probably messing this Ensign with IRL "Praporshik" (Higher than a sergeants, but lower than the officers, or as this rank called in England/USA) :)

• Ensign is the lowest possible rank, actually it doesn't even appear in the Real Life ranks, it's like "Recruit".

• Oh now i'll know that. Heh, I think I will even call them "Conscripts" just for myself :)