Questions, suggestions for CF 2.0

There are 350 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by maishaf74.

• could be a new market for the prisoner pods we sell.
    prisons are full and that opens up for a new commodity. freeze the prisoners and ship them off to a new area in a deal with one of the hostile races.
    a constant flow of test subjects increases thire willingness to not kill you instantly :P

but they require so many that they have built new sleeper ships.

EDIT: by the way, any idea if there will be some sort of server reset when the 2.0 goes live?

• could be a new market for the prisoner pods we sell.

I think there should be some another place to sell prisoners. When I played SP, after mission 8 i had to waste a pretty big sum to get access to at least Newgate.
    Yes, I had a heavy fighter and a big cargo bay, but how would the LF pilots be?
    Variation: the pirate bases can buy prisoner pods, but for a lower price.
    Variation 2: make them take less place in cargo hold.
    Variation 3: just ignore a newbie's suggestion =)

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• Just another suggestion, about Coalition weapons.
    If their names are placeholders, I think they should have an index similar to IRL GRAU index.
    *E* for energy weapons, *M* for missiles and *T* for torpedoes, where * - a numbers.
    For example: "2E42 Coalition Gattling"
    If you dont like - just ignore.

• freeze the prisoners and ship them off to a new area in a deal with one of the hostile races.

You mean, send them to feed the hostile races, right ?
    With no ship, no heavy weaponry, and against alien evolved dogs and other animals who have no problem in eating human flesh...

Ajay: The energy weapons here are separated in like 6 classes, I don't see a use of showing that a missile is a missle and a gun is a gun, but maybe the gun type would actually be usseful.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• You mean, send them to feed the hostile races, right ?
    With no ship, no heavy weaponry, and against alien evolved dogs and other animals who have no problem in eating human flesh...

Oh yes, to keep them happy and from not invading us. See it like a tribute. Like they did to the old gods.

On a side note i like and agree the idea from Ajay.

I think there should be some another place to sell prisoners.

if we had an option to sell prisoners at more places. both as a criminal and so on it would open up more possiblitys.
    However, it could be made so that you could only sell up to a certain % if you sell at other locations.

• You mean, send them to feed the hostile races, right ?

Yep, seems like "a bit" cruel... But when i was in Inner Core in SP with cargo hold full of prisoners, I thought right this way =)

The energy weapons here are separated in like 6 classes, I don't see a use of showing that a missile is a missle and a gun is a gun, but maybe the gun type would actually be usseful.

I just meant a cosmetic name change in description. Because, just name a gun "Coalition Gattling" - is not Coalition way (is not russian way at least), it could have something like index (And because to remember all of the indexes can be hell of a brainfry, the former name must remain). Well, I could think more about gun types definited by letter.
    Oh, and BTW, the first number can define the gun class. So Coalition Gattling could be named like this: 10G42 Coalition Gattling.
    Well, at least, that is just a tertiary suggestion

• Well, anyone can hunt and sell pods... for the cop players, they hunt Outcasts and other pirate NPCs and sell them to prisons, the pirate players hunt House Police forces and other lawful factions, and exchange them for money, like, kidnaping them to then ask for money to return them, totally pirate style :P

The feeding idea was sarcasm...
    [ks]
    Oh, here is the sarcasm button ![/ks]

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• The feeding idea was sarcasm...

I'd guessed :) Well, not for feeding - for example, for researching physiology, anatomy and so on... Without necessity to kill a test subject, of course.
    And, second variant: research stations (Such as Willard, Ames, etc) can buy pods, for D-class (Disposable) personnel (j/k)

• Well, sending prisoners to execution chambers sounds much more "human" and better than lowering all the human race like to send your own ppl to be feeden, mutated and tested on by aliens, especially since they may do too many tests on them then get to see how "we work" and simply control us all. This is just soooo wrong.

Maybe we could also get Female Prisoners... but well, that'd be a commodity, or maybe they can also be escape pods from awesome LSF chicks... or other Police forces :D Some that you might keep for a while before selling xD

But this would attract the wrong type of people...

• Well, sending prisoners to execution chambers sounds much more "human" and better than lowering all the human race like to send your own ppl to be feeden, mutated and tested on by aliens, especially since they may do too many tests on them then get to see how "we work" and simply control us all. This is just soooo wrong.

Oh, my misanthropy... Nevermind that post :) And about control... Yep. The Second Generation of Nomads (Our blue-violet "friends" may also be the reason why DK have no need in their xenoresearch). Next time think twice before posting :).

Maybe we could also get Female Prisoners... but well, that'd be a commodity, or maybe they can also be escape pods from awesome LSF chicks... or other Police forces :D Some that you might keep for a while before selling xD
    But this would attract the wrong type of people...

Yep. That could attract a helluva immature guys of my age or lower(I can control myself about it, mb because I was grown under a mum's watch).

And that would be the helluva coding (or I am just dont understand the coding).

Further developing that idea: the Female Prisoners' pods should cost higher. On simple bases too (Oh, i'm getting more and more cruel. I need to relax and get some tea).

Words from myself: poor gals... I barely can guess WHAT will happen to them if you will sell them on pirate bases:(

Edited once, last by Ajay: Something to add and a wrong use of word "Deployment" ().

• Ahh, just another pack of ideas.
    One guy on ModDB said something about new weaponry in FL. For example, long-range cruise missiles.
    Further development of his idea: cruise missiles with MIRV (i.e. serveral independent warheads with independent guidance). Is it codable?
    Well, in one Russian Singleplayer mod (Called Curse of the Dom'Kavash, made by elite-games.ru fans) i saw a multiple rocket launcher system, called "Система РОЙ" ("SWARM system") - launches 5 missiles per shot. I used such a thing (really awesome).
    And, about a universe map. The new sector's systems are just overlayed one above another. In the same mod, there was a expanded universe map, so it can be possible to expand your sectors maps.
    Al suggestions above are not necesssary. You can warn me if I deployed too much activity.

• It'd only take few minutes to make that including adding it in the dynamic economy(some extra minutes here), but it's not really "Freelancer's style", CF plans to continue on a serious gameplay, where ships fit the space/houses they are in, the systems fit in the FL universe, and etc, so we avoid star trek like ships, or stuff that wouldn't fit here, in this "universe".

Hehe... cruel indeed, but not insane as the previous idea with the hostile alien races.

About the MIRV style weaponry, we already have and use that at the Battleship Flak turrets, they launch 5 projectiles each, and there are 2 of theese flak turrets on all capital ships. Though it's an anti Capital Torp system, and that's why you only have 50 ammo, enough for 5 double salvos.
    Making that for homing missiles (those that track targets) would be a problem, since if there are like, 3 players using those in a fight, they may explode in chains (same as what happens when you use 2 fighter torps), create lag, give the server a lot of "math" to do, and possible crashes. It's not really something welcomed on a server that plans to be stable, but, it's a good idea. We'll see... maybe limiting it's usage as the BS Flak turrets, and only to 1 missile launcher / fighter, it could be usable. OP is up on deciding wether to add it or not.

• nice ideas but they cause additional lag on the server (we tried that stuff before)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• nice ideas but they cause additional lag on the server (we tried that stuff before)

Yep, that could be a lag. From the other side, that could be only-SP weapon, but that would be not rational (sorry, dunno what word to use) to create a complicated weapon just for SP.

And, when I was thinking about it, i had seen it as an battleship-only weapon, and took IRL R-36M (aka SS-18 Satan) as a base.
    Fresh idea: instead of deploying missiles, deploy homing mines. Oh, that also could be laggy... But then, you can just hold your mine drop button and... Nevermind, reload time wont allow it.

Edited once, last by Ajay: Adding fresh idea. ().

• SP and MP files are technically the same, so we can't "give" stuff in singleplayer's market that don't appear on multiplayer.

• SP and MP files are technically the same, so we can't "give" stuff in singleplayer's market that don't appear on multiplayer.

Thx, man, on next time i will know.
    Oh, just remembered: it is possible to "deploy" temp bases during a quest. So, it is possible to sell such a thing only during SP quest. If crossbreed this idea with my post in "flyable ships" thread, it will be possible to get such an OP thing only for a single mission. But we will have a threat of cheaters, which will be able to get their hands on this thing.
    But that will be easier just not to add this thing :).

• There're already stuff which MP cheaters would want to get, but they can't.

Anyway, deploying dockable stations that actually work, with equipment dealers and such is not possible,not by what I can think of. What's possible is giving and removing the access to a normal dockable base.

• Since we are on the topic ... OP , ever thought of adding this ship in CF?

( Excalibur from Babylon 5 Crusade )

• hey Cry that BS will be nightmare in asteroids fields and u know OP opinion about saga/series/movie ships ;)