Ask Chris Roberts Anything

There are 14 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by NucNuc.

• why not answering on the official website?
    all this "do here a bit... do there a bit... and everywhere you have to register" is pretty much bothering me

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• you're right! Its not necessary at all. They have facebook and twitter accounts if i am informed right. So why not use these media? For me it make no difference at all. I am nowhere registered to be able to follow his work :) Just read news posted here or everywhere else that are official visible.

Am i just blind or didnt i have found the name Chris Roberts in the Credits of Freelancer?

The only stuff i have to admit: His trailer and feature list looks promising - but thats all. In the end i doubt that under those announced conditions it will be a major success. But hey - Chris Roberts takes care to make it a success - no actually he is the only one who ever could do this for the entire genre^^

signature.png

• Chris Roberts appears twice on the Freelancer Credits.
    One time for "original concepts" (original like "but we used something else instead") and the other time under Special Thanks.
    Well, thanks also go to Lancer's Reactor on these credits.... and I remember pretty well that LR belongs to the SWAT Portal.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

Well, thanks also go to Lancer's Reactor on these credits.... and I remember pretty well that LR belongs to the SWAT Portal.

Right... Then we should start asking for our righs on the FL's source code.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• should we?

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• could we ?

Or were these credits for LR just for something like the hyped "supporting" at the RSI site for "Star Citizen" ?

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• not sure what star citicen has to do with freelancer and the fact that lancersreactor is mentioned on the freelancer credits

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Or were these credits for LR just for something like the hyped "supporting" at the RSI site for "Star Citizen" ?

The FL credits are since before RSI existed and before Star Citizen had any relation with us. So if LR "supported" something at RSI that wouldn't affect anything in the original FL credits from like 10 years ago.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Sry, if you get me wrong.

What I ment was, that - perhaps - LR once supported Chris Roberts or Digital Anvil or Microsoft in a way like Chris roberts looks for support by fans
    via the "vehicle" of the RSI site.
    Like talking about, therefor "advertising", perhaps giving some input in form of ideas and wishes, perhaps doing a bit of alpha and/or beta testing.

And that LR was mentioned in the credits for this kind of stuff.

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• of course it was this way
    LR was the official lancer community

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Talking about LR's past, I just remembered how their whole downloads section got wiped out... I got to save few tools though, and SWAT has most of them, as LR didn't recover everything.

Anyway, going back on topic, I'm gonna watch the Wing Commander movie xD For the 1rst time.

• You are right, not all LR downloads were restored.
    Currently LR uses the same download archive as the SWAT Portal does.
    However, I have the complete backup dvds for the FL downloads and surprisingly found a few months ago on my hdd all the (lost) SL mods.
    I just did not have the time to get everything online yet.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• :bwowdude::bwowdude::bwowdude:

.... surprisingly found a few months ago on my hdd all the (lost) SL mods.
    I just did not have the time to get everything online yet.

Hopefully you intend to do so at some point in future. :ahahaha:

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !