News from Bot

Feb

Dennis Mull has posted another exotic Wing Commander find. This one is a Spanish preview compilation disc that includes the demo for Wing Commander 3. This was a big deal back in the day, as the package came in at a whopping 29 megabytes. Since 1994 was still the virtually pre-web era of dial-in bulletin boards, it's not something people could just easily download. It's even bigger than a bare bones install of Wing Commander 2! Even with a fast modem, it would have been tough to finish grabbing overnight. A stack of floppy disks for a demo would also be incredibly cost prohibitive, so this actually spurred the creation of the modern magazine cover demo disc and the very first PC Gamer magazine CD was famously inaugurated with this package. With that being said, a lot of people haven't actually played it before, and it's definitely worth checking out! You fly in an Arrow in a unique patrol

Feb

File in Style, Part 2

It's about to be the weekend, so I know what you need: a Wing Commander 2 folder icon! On top of the WC Movie icon we've previously reported on, ZenOasis has created an icon starring Prince Thrakhath. It's perfect for storing the shortcuts to your favorite classic WC games! The main graphic is below, and an even more retro interlaced version can be found on DeviantArt. You can now commence your weekend - it'll be even better now than it would have been before! You're welcome.

wing_commander_2_folder_icon_by_zenoasist.jpg

Feb

BricksWithWings has put together a phenomenal Lego Tiger's Claw. I'm continually amazed by the designs people manage to conjure up under the limits of Lego bricks, but this might be one of the most impressive yet. And if that weren't enough, there's even a squadron of mini fighters with the Hornet, Scimitar, Rapier and Raptor all represented! He even references some sort of game, although there's no info on what exactly that might look like. You can find more of his sci-fi designs on Instagram.

brickswithwings1t.jpgbrickswithwings2t.jpg

Some minis based on the 1990 PC game Wing Commander. Working on some rules to turn it into a mini game.

Feb

Feb

EmuMusicFan has completed another set of regal Kilrathi drawings based primarily on the characters of Wing Commander Action Stations. Prince Thrakhath's father and older brother, Gilkarg and Ratha, are up first, and since this is from earlier in the war, Thrakhath himself appears younger. We also see Second Fleet commander Admiral Nargth. Although he's not in AS, Baron Melek is also included as a bonus sketch. I think this art style is sharp, elegant and has a subtle Asian influence that is well suited to the Kilrathi.

emu_sketch4t.jpgemu_sketch5t.jpgemu_sketch6t.jpgemu_sketch8t.jpgemu_sketch9t.jpg

"Va ka garga ka naru ha gara. Those not of the blood must have their blood spilt. "

Feb

From Thursday, February 20th at 8AM PT to Monday, February 24th at 10am PT, we are running a special weekend event where you can earn Bonus Commendation XP by completing any Duty Officer assignments! To those junior officers who work tirelessly in cramped Jefferies Tubes, perish namelessly on away missions, or provide the endless streams of reports and analysis necessary for a starship to function – this event is dedicated to you! During this event, you’ll gain a 50% increase in all Commendation XP earned by completion of Duty Officer assignments. You don’t need to do anything special for this bonus – it’s automatic. Receive a FREE* special Purple quality duty officer with a unique active roster power by speaking with your duty officer contact. For Starfleet officers and Romulan allies, this is an engineering Exocomp duty officer; for KDF officers and Romulan allies, it is a Reman duty

Feb

General: Updated Memorial plaque to include Kevin Conway Resolved an issue that would sometimes cause the proper FX to not play when using Feign Disintegration power. Resolved an issue where the playing cards in the player's hand could occasionally persist after the emote has ended. Resolved graphical issues with Screen Space Ambient Occlusion on Dranuur Colony. Content: Reduced the damage output of all enemies (including the mini-boss) during the first mini-boss fight of the final ground act of "Measure of Morality, Pt 2". TNG Enterprise NPC’s updated to use the correct costumes. Updated and added more lines of dialogue in the episode, “Measure of Morality”. Ships: Minor visual updates to the DSC Constitution. Adjusted the firing nodes on the Kelvin Constitution Beyond Refit so that phasers in the 5th node fire from the correct spot

Feb

The WC Toolbox application has been expanded again and now supports digital analysis of Wing Commander Armada. UnnamedCharacter has added compatibility with a wide range of file types that make up the Armada data. He's also provided walkthroughs that illustrate how to extract things such as the game's cockpit art and complex font structure. On top of Armada, the program also works with WC1, WC2, Academy and Privateer. It's an invaluable resource for people who are interested in modding, extraction or just tinkering around in the classic games' data structure! Grab the new update at the CIC Forums here.

wc_toolbox33t.jpgwc_toolbox34t.jpgwc_toolbox35t.jpgwc_toolbox36t.jpg

Work on the toolbox has continued. Took a little longer than I was hoping for, but this release begins support for Wing Commander Armada.

This update adds the ability to create or edit many of the Armada file types: IFF, PAK, PAL, SHP, TEP, and TRE. Most of the file types are common to Privateer

Feb

Attention! We’ve doubled our efforts to give Captains the necessary experience to deal with threats to the Galaxy. From Thursday, February 20th at 8AM PT, to Monday, February 24th at 10AM PT, players will be able to enjoy twice the experience! During the event, content that provides skill points and expertise will reward a 100% (2x) Bonus above normal amounts – this bonus will be available for all content that rewards skill points and expertise. .share-footer a { margin: 20px 10px 10px 0; background: url(d7afaaa14e96d0d973f76157ae31ec5b1466398539.png) no-repeat 0 0; opacity: .5; display: inline-block; height: 60px; width: 60px; padding: 0; border: 1px solid transparent; -webkit-transition: opacity .3s; transition: opacity .3s; } .share-footer .TI { background-position: 0 20%; } .share-footer .YT { background-position: 0 40%; } .share-footer .YT {

Feb

Feb

L.I.F. has finished up the general hull of his TCS Victory model and it's now available to download and try out. Owners of From the Depths can grab the ship here. While the outside is basically finished, there are lots of internal improvements yet to come. L.I.F. projects that the "flight bay, hangar deck, living area, bar, flight control and bridge" will all be forthcoming in subsequent updates. We can't wait to see how that turns out!

fromthedepths9t.jpgfromthedepths10t.jpgfromthedepths11t.jpgfromthedepths12t.jpg

The outer hull is finished! The first fittings were a pretty large generator and ion engines to keep the ship from falling down below, so if spawned in space, it should remain there.

Feb

Captains, We know one of the frustrating pain points of playing our games on Steam is having to log in at least twice just to play. We want to make that whole process easier for you, so on February 18 we will be enabling Steam Account linking for Neverwinter and Star Trek Online. This will only roll out to a small amount of users at first, but should be available to all users by February 20th. Starting tomorrow, you’ll be required to link your Steam Account to your Arc Account. Once you’ve done that, you can launch both games directly from Steam. Just press “Play,” and you’ll be logged into your Arc account automatically. Here’s how it works: Steam Linking How-to: When players first run the game through Steam after the linking feature is enabled, they will be shown the following options on the launcher: If you have an existing Arc account and are running the game

Feb

NightBall06 recently decided to try his hand a several new Hellcat angles. Since his design is essentially drawn 'by hand' rather than being a 3D model, this took some artistic skill rather than modeling wizardry. The result is similar to his previous concepts at first glance, but these represent his most ornate takes and elaborate angles yet.

nightball_fighters5t.jpg

Well - A little update in short. Had the feeling I needed a perspective bottom view.... So here it is.

Feb

Live video may be all the rage right now, but did you know that the CIC also has its very own internet radio service? Tune in anytime of the day to listen to random tracks from our music archive. Listen through the embedded player below, or point VLC or any other compatible player here or here (https). Visit the Infoburst section for the recent track list and current listener count.

Infoburst.jpg

Your browser does not support MP3 streaming.

Feb

Feb

Feb

EmuMusicFan was recently inspired to draw the characters from Wing Commander Action Stations. We don't actually know what most of them look like, so he's based his interpretation off the limited descriptions and cues from the text. The result is a really cool simplified brushstroke design that looks quite sharp. Visit the CIC Forums and let Emu know what you think!

emu_sketch1t.jpgemu_sketch2t.jpgemu_sketch3t.jpg

I am not a professional painter. Actually, I haven’t been serious about drawing for a long time. My past experiences mainly came form graffiti on the notepads and class posters when I was a middle school student. I really love some scenes of Action Stations, and this book gave me the enthusiasm to pick up the pen again. Due to my lack of basic painting skills training, it is not surprising that these portraits have some technical problems. I would be grateful if you could give me criticism and guidance.

"My Emperor, my brothers of the

Feb

From now until 2/17/20 at 9AM PT, you'll be able to unlock bonus currency on the Arc platform for Perfect World titles! The bonus you can expect is listed in the chart below: This Charge Bonus is ONLY available for the following payment processors: Direct Credit Card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover) Paypal Skrill (Formerly Moneybookers) BoaCompra Xsolla Paysafecard Steam (Steam Purchases receive the bonus but do not receive extra ZEN for buying in bulk)