Fighter Ship Model - Anyone interested?

There are 61 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by LordRaydenMK.

• Hi! I've been following the Crossfire development for some years. Some time ago, i started making a 3D model. It's been done from scratch using Zmodeler, although i can convert it to other formats if required. The texture is 1024x1024, and has also been made from scratch by me.

Here are some shots of the model:

I've also made 4 different textures/skins for it:

If anyone has experience with making Freelancer ships and is interested in porting this into Freelancer, i would be glad to provide all the necessary files and help in whatever is necessary.

• Reminds me of a BSG Viper, the older type. Nice! :)

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• Yeah, definitly inspired by the old 'n true Viper.

NICE !

Esp. the last, the "reddish" textured could make up a nice red hessians light fighter.

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• I like it !! :thumbup:
    Also 'cause is a design without strange features.
    However I don't like a lot the new series Battlestar Galactica, and I don't like too much their fighters.

I think that it would be better changing it at little, make it more aggressive, more similar to this one :

• where would it fit?

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Nice ship hi-ban! ... I like most also last red texture.

SWAT_OP-R8R: maybe Order VHF?

• Maybe something like Horizon VHF?

• Well, somewhere it can always fit, there are still many important/strategic points in our big universe that only sells 1-2 ships (instead of 3) or that still sells vanilla ships.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Yeah ! Vishnu, they come from that little game.
    I have already sent to you the pictures of the best ships in that game.

• The ship has no name yet. Any ideas?

Also, should it be a Light fighter? Heavy fighter? (of course it's small to be a VHF)

Is there someone experienced who wants to port it to FL? If so, which format is needed?
    I already have it in 3ds format. Everything is already UVmapped, so you only have to apply the texture.
    Now that we speak of textures, is it ok in 1024x1024? I can make any other paintjob if it fits better with whatever faction you want the ship to be in, so just ask.

• In Xfire matter more the VHF.
    Tweaking a little can be an VHF.
    I prefer the grey-blue color, but in my opinion would be better in single color, but different of those that you showed. A sort of dark blue or dark grey ....

A name ? ... Victory ! What else? ..... My name is Vik Thor !

• 3ds and the texture size would be enough
    its no big deal putting it into the game

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• ..... In truth I think that as it is now, it's surely is nothing of special. (Excuse me Hi-Ban, but I think this).

However he could upgrade it to make really an interesting design.

Similar to the design that I showed .....

• Well, there are already tons of ships in crossfire, so i really didn't expect my ship to be anything special.

If you've played Galaxy on Fire 1, you will realise that the ship is based on the "Hawk" ship (it was my favourite ship in GOF1). http://images.wikia.com/galaxyonfire/images/1/1f/Hawk.jpg
    I've always wanted to be able to pilot that ship in Freelancer, that's the reason why i made this one.

However, if i have enough time, i might do another "VHF" variant of this ship, with the same style but bigger and more badass.

SWAT_OP-R8R, as you are the admin here, i think you should be the one who decides the ship type, name, faction and paintjob. I still have the PSD file for the texture, so it will be no difficult to make a new paintjob which fits better with whichever faction you want this ship in. Just tell me how do you want it and i'll make it.

• put it in a zip and ill take a look at it

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• what would you think about an alternative "plated" texture for the ship?

Files

• 1.jpg

(197.6 kB, downloaded 42 times, last: )
    • 2.jpg

(220.51 kB, downloaded 21 times, last: )

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,