FreeLancer 2 By Chris Reberts ??? There's going to be an anoucement on October.

There are 170 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Cygna.

• @ blade
    .....sorry about being off topic but what is your opinion on spybot? :) ( I also have tuneup utilities and CCleaner)

Well, sure better than Tuneup utilities, I simply would recommend Hijackthis for Manual Cleaning. You can check which ones to delete and completely getting erased.
    Further informations, please PM me and don't post in this thread thanks ^^

• i looked at the video, even his website. and it looks promesing but,..... but still i have a wierd feeling about it that i cant explain :s

• well... i doubt that this shape can actually fly (and here i dont even talk about fighting)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I guess it will be released when Sandy bridge CPUs are low cheap stuff (compared to newer superior gear) and everyone have them... same as for graphic cards.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• well... i doubt that this shape can actually fly (and here i dont even talk about fighting)

Why not ??

It's a SPACEship, so form 'n shape actually isn't of any interest (no "air"-drag ;) ).
    What matters is mass distribution, power, positioning and "turn-rate" of thrusters.

... and the capability of the "supporting" steering software, that handles them.
    ... in a newtonian flightmodel (as told by the spacesim-game-genre savior). :P

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• well...
    1. the ship is standing on the surface of a planet right now
    -> it has no wings
    -> it is an aerodynamic dissaster

2. in space combat the shape of the ship is a major disadvantage
    -> it has a very long shape
    -> its thruster are too close the z rotation axis
    -> it looks damn heavy
    turning the ship left or right and up/down will be a hard job with such a ship as the mass center is in the mid part of this long ship while the thrusters are too close together to initiate a one sided thrust impulse that is big enough to turn that junk

the ship seems to have 2 vents on each side in the middle of the ship right on the thrusters which might be side thrusters
    problem is that they are in the middle of the ship and not at the ships nose
    -> they can not create an rotation impulse
    -> they only would make the ship slide left or right

and i see absolutely nothing on this ship that could make it fly up or down actually

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I totally agree with you on your point 1., this thingi would be nightmarish in an atmosphere.

On your point 2. :
    I would like to note, that Chris Roberts seems to be a fan of anything moving :wacko: on his ships for StarCitizen/Squadron42.
    Perhaps the four semi-main thrusters in the 2 side nacelles are also movable, witch would give an "interesting" upwards thrust on the x-axis.
    ... perhaps even the two main thrusters at the aft.
    On the 1st pic, 2ng row there are two structures at the lower side of the thruster nacell, that also might be "manouvering" vents for the downwards thrust at x-axis.
    They could also create a rotational movement around the z-axis, but with the centre on mass - as it seems short aft these weapon-installations on the sides - it would
    need a complicated conteracting not to let it tumble.
    And we cannot see, what this ship might sport at the lower side of the main body between the side nacells.

But alltogether, I would agree that it wouldn't be easy to get this thingi flying "good" ion space. And it would be a really heavy fuel burner to achieve anything alike with these
    installations on it.
    (If it's mastermind didn't "cheat" on some of his in-game "physics" :D ).

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• What I found harder at that ship is it's complexity and polys... well... that ship needs a very good PC to actually fly it.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• well, even if these thrusters are moving (like the vampire in wing commader prophecy) then it would only rotate by 2 axis
    the 3rd and probably most important axis is still a no-go

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Well, it's Third Person view I would recommend, if you watched the trailer(german one), move it forward to 00:45, there is a Third Person view that's very nice and similar to Freelancer (Not needlessly).

If you re too lazy xD here is the video:

It's in german, I like this video:

• Thanks, Snake :thumbup:

As I said, the thrusters are in themself moveable in 2 axis.
    Even on that ship above : enough to get it moved in all 3 spacial dimensions and axis'.

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• That man Implanted Freelancer, Wing Commander, X, X-2, X-3 series, Star wars and the adding Features of many other games like Co-op, and stuff inside one game LoL, I like it. :imsohappy: