Open letter to freelance pirates

There are 35 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Gunny.

• Hi from Marauder,

I think many of you freelance pirates know me. I am a bit confused why none have decided to join forces with {LP} pirates. If you would be so kind as to tell me why none of you pirates choose to fly with {LP} I would like to know so as I can change things in the future that would benefit the pirate community, the {LP} clan as well as CF in general. Feel free to pm me if you would like answer in that way.

Marauder

Edit...if non-pirates have information to share, I welcome that as well 8).

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

Edited once, last by Marauder: spelling ().

• the main problem for me joynig a clan (PIRATE) is losing all progress until now , i mean all my frags , maps ,ships ,cloaking divace and all my time trying setup all this and for me this things are important , i have too admit i am a little bit lazzy so in this conditions i dont think i will join any clan :( ... but i not understand why is not possibile too rename chars , i play before CF on tekagis treasure server and there was possibile to do that , i remeber i start on tekagis as a fl and after one week i join a rat clan , a admin rename my chars and i was in a clan :)

i hope in 2.0 this will by possible and maybe a will join a clan , until then fly safe and see ya in space :)

• the main problem for me joynig a clan (PIRATE) is losing all progress until now , i mean all my frags , maps ,ships ,cloaking divace and all my time trying setup all this and for me this things are important , i have too admit i am a little bit lazzy so in this conditions i dont think i will join any clan :( ... but i not understand why is not possibile too rename chars , i play before CF on tekagis treasure server and there was possibile to do that , i remeber i start on tekagis as a fl and after one week i join a rat clan , a admin rename my chars and i was in a clan :)

i hope in 2.0 this will by possible and maybe a will join a clan , until then fly safe and see ya in space :)

BUT
    you won't lose your knowledge about:
    - where to get equipment
    - how to fly/rob successfully
    - how to have fun
    - ect...

just saying.

I joined SMG after flying 4 years without any clan tag.
    Stats and maps are about the only things you lose when redoing chars.
    Cash, equipment and knowledge you keep almost entirely.

Just saying.

• Yes AD u right , I am agree with u … but I think MAYBE renaming chars will be more easy for clans too recruit ppl ,even civilian veterans …

As far as I am concerned I will stay civilian… and when 2.0 is realese maybe with or without renaming chars I will join a pirate clan even SMG ofc if I am wellcome :)

• I have also met a lot of freelance pilots in space, that said the main reason they don't want to join a clan is that they don't want to loose their ships and progress that they have already made.

• well, we are working on this problem

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• well if needed i can make this feature already available, but i usually dont want to as there is a lot of changes being made in the current version and i dont have a single clue how stable it runs.
    Or if previous features would work the way they are supposed to work.

BUT generally the rename feature is already working - for me ;)

signature.png

• Very nice @ OP and Huor. I guess a lot of pilots haven't experiences server restart of characters and consider the char renaming thing as a major obstacle which seems odd to me, but oh well. I'm not pushing for features, I was hoping to understand better what stops players from joining (in my case) the {LP} clan. In the end, I hope this feature works out nicely for CF.

"marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

• i dont see starting from scratch with the progress is any disadvantage currently. Sure you have to visit the systems again to map them, but you already know them and if not it then its a good occasion to remind and remap them again. We have dont this now for nearly 10 years this way.

Actually if you start a new game in WoW for example or anywhere else, where do you can keep your current experience?
    Imo this current missing feature is just a nice excuse. If you really want to join a clan - then well just do it.

Generally said: LP is the oldest if not close to ancient pirate clan on CF. They are always going to trigger RP. Nearly outnumbered this is barely possible. So your chances to get relative good positions within this clan is very high. Just imagine you can fly along with Marauder to kick some coppers asses, I dont think there is something else that would amaze me :)

signature.png

• Frags are for noobs and only noobs care about frags, no one else does. I can understand the issue of losing your mapping, but to be honest, it's not hard to know your way around any system if you have been here for more than 6 months.

On a lighter note, it would be nice to see {LP} as the lead rat clan again and as I have promise Marauder , I have no problem giving new {LP} members enough money for a fighter ( loaded) so they can hit the ground running.

I like the idea of a character re-name feature, but I think it needs to be limited so players can't change names constantly.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• renaming chars would greatly improve the flexibility of crossfire players, i have a few typo's that i would like to clear up :D

people also loose out because, people do care about frags and stuff, and they have the right to choose to care about it, it dosnt mean your a noob, it shows that you care about the progress that you have put into your character

and any news about 2.0 release, i need to clear out my schedule for 10 days to see whats behind the coalition hypergate

death beckons for your soul...... and i answer its call!

13th ARMORED is recruiting!
    are you up to the challenge?
    if so PM me or robbers dog.
    no matter your skill, we're looking for comrades in arms

also find us @ Free forum : 13th ARMORED
    join our forum. you know you want to........

• about 2.0 release, i need to clear out my schedule for 10 days to see whats behind the coalition hypergate

when it's ready

• wow, so much info portalearth, thanks soooo much for your input

• why thank you

Edited once, last by horatio's ego: . ().

• sorry sir

• Looks like I won't get any answers or ideas how I can make {LP} a more attractive idea for the fl pirate pilots. I do understand the idea of not having to remap everything, but I never considered it a major issue. If that's the only thing holding players away from clans then there is something wrong that I am missing completely. Maybe for CF 2.0 there should be another char wipe. That sure wouldn't help my personal player account....but it wouldn't drive me away either.

• personally spoken i think this is one of the major problem, people dont want to lose progress as they put much time into it.
    I also thought about bringing SOC actually alive, but dont want to lose/recreate all my chars - so yes this is what people drives away, mostly.

{ Lonewolf(reborn)MkII / (KoH / Dr.AS. / Mr.) Ridley / Volition (godlike) / Lt.Col.John_Sheppard / BS-Project_L20εα }