Where is the planetary fragment shield in Utopia please?

There are 36 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Alexload.

• In middle of the planetary fragments / big asteroids on a side of the trade lane.

If you want more info, spoil yourself :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• K1ller: You're welcome :D

Nice to see you are still arround here killer ! I remember you ^^ (mostly from the prison music question heh)

btw there are new features at the Swat Portal 2.1, you noticed them ? heh

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• K1ller: You're welcome :D

Nice to see you are still arround here killer ! I remember you ^^ (mostly from the prison music question heh)

btw there are new features at the Swat Portal 2.1, you noticed them ? heh

Umm, nope, I have not. But I will try to pay attention to find them :)

Hmm, I have found the jumphole, but now I am ubable to kill that ancient drone. It rips through my shields and armor in seconds. Is there a specific strategy to this? I was thinking going back and buy a Rheinland cruiser, but that can not dock anywhere :(

• well the specific strategy is firepower and a sense of close-combat pvping
    pvp skills might be useful in defeating the drones... but dont try more than 2 of them at once, they are indeed a tough opponent
    a well equipped ship and some average flying abilities should help there, strafe and try to reverse thrust, just as fighting a "human"

{ Lonewolf(reborn)MkII / (KoH / Dr.AS. / Mr.) Ridley / Volition (godlike) / Lt.Col.John_Sheppard / BS-Project_L20εα }

• No, stick with fighters while playing the storyline, all of it. You can only finish it using a fighter...

And yes there are tactics.
    Sell your armor upgrade if you have one, it just slows your ship, you have to constantly strafe and turn arround a lot to avoid their shots and eventually, their guns have a very small range, smaller than CF's class 10 guns. If your guns have more range, you could use it tactically, to make it so you shoot them while they are out of their gun's range.

You may need these tactics while your ship is not very well equipped... like class 10 guns, power generator, shield upgrade + top shield, weight reducer, etc.

• Ok, I give up. I can kill the first drone with a bit of luck as my 4 guns has 1100 range and speed, so I just sit there and strafe whule firing at the long range, but then those two come at once and boom. And based upon how many people is having a problem, have you considered lowering the difficulty of this mission? I mean I have read that in MP people hunt in packs. That is nice, but there is no such a thing in SP. I am now going to try to change my two short range guns for missiles, but if that does not help, I quit. You know dying 20 times in a row is not my idea of fun :(

• Thanks, but the problem is not that I can not kill them. I killed two at a long range in my 21st attempt. The problem is that the third drone is spawned too close so I am toast in seconds. No matter how I strafe or if use afterburner, my shields and armor seems to be non existant. So I give up. I am sorry, but this mission should really be changed. At least to spawn the third drone later or much farther away. Which brings another suggestion. During the SP missions I have found only one place to sell a decent lvl10 weapons and equipment. And no place to sell things like power generator. But most places sell crappy lvl 5 or 6 equipment? Why? Who needs this at the time he/she gets there? This one should be changed too imho.

• too fast for give up mate :) ... and Drones are not toughest npcs you can meet in CF. It can looks as hard, but it is only well balanced, so you can have it as challenge also after some months of play. CF is not mod play and go, this is mod where you need learn how things works (best is play together MP) and use gathered knowledge also in SP. If you was able kill two drones, then it is only matter of practice ... you need kill them olnly faster. And ofc equipment hints which were here given can help you too ... every small advantage in equip can do big difference. I will today evening send you few hints via PM (cant atm, out of my PC).

• K1ller, please roll your mouse over this word: Frankfurt :) The rest you will know from Martind.

• Well in theory it should work, but you'd better make a savegame before you go there. :S Just in case.

• O.K. Went to Frankfurt, not much equipment there so I bought a shield regenrator MX.X (totaly useless against those drones) and Power Generator Mk.V, more useful, but not much and gave it one more try, destroyed two, and nearly got the third one, but boom, fourth one killed me. So I am sorry, 23 tries is enough, I play games to have fun, not to be frustrated. I also do not play MP. Ever. I tried Corssfire MOD just because of the new SP campaign.

• Hi

Way to kill drones.

Fly and when you see them, kill engines. The allows you to 'burst Thrust' to change your direction and also turn your ship to face them.

Kill their shields with your guns and then fire torpedos 'sunslayer' and thrust away .... then circle back to finish off.

Practice these moves and you will be able to kill them at will without sustaining much damage other than to shields and they will not have a 'stationary' target to keep firing at.

Kind Regards

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Windows 8.1 X64, AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz, 16GB 1600 RAM, NVIDEA GeForce GXT 460