Where is the planetary fragment shield in Utopia please?

There are 36 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Alexload.

• It doesn't really matter because even the most powerful Adv. Champion H. F. Shield is down after several hits of their guns. :(

What you may find useful in this video is ship maneuvering aimed at avoiding damage - this will save your shield much better.
    Some key principles are

• not flying straight lines, especially straight towards the Drones (so use strafing and acceleration on/off);
    • not trying to attack all the time when you see an enemy, it's not the best solution for cases when the latter is 20m from you and his guns look straight at your face (so combine fighting and evading);
    • as an implication from the last one - trying to always keep the enemy at a good distance.

To make it closer to practise, look at what the player in this video does, beginning from 1:10 - exactly what is told everywhere on the forum, he approaches the Drone strafing here and there while taking down its shields, then makes a dip to avoid his fire and also keep a distance, then turns back and shoots missiles. Repeat the same and you will significantly increase your chance to survive. Good luck! :)

Edit by
    1:30 is another good example of these tactics... Also when the torpedo hits the Drone, do you see some smaller explosions all round? These are were the Drone's guns, now it is harmless (notice that it doesn't fire at all till it dies).
    So if you have a swarm of drones around, maybe it's not a bad idea to disable their guns, one by one, and only then start killing. :vinsent: 

Edited 4 times, last by Cresthen: edit ().

• Well I have watched the video and the problem is, he does have a help. And from what I saw, no more than one drone is attacking him. I can kill them one on one too, I always manage to kill the first two drones, but the third and fourth arrive at the same time and I am screwed. Last time I nearly killed the third drone, but I can not attack it and evade the fourth at the same time. I am really bad pilot it seems :(

• but I can not attack it and evade the fourth at the same time

You don't have to. When it's getting hot, break off attack and evade both, making some crazy maneuvers on the thruster (spyrals, loops etc). Then when they stop shooting for a while, use this break to have a bloody revenge. :diablo::verrueckt:

• It looks you need few hints :) ... first one: what thruster you have now? Is good use best one and be able run away using Engine kill. Second: you know that you can strafe to 4 directions? (up and down is not mapped by default). Use strafe all times in fight is best way how to avoid most of Ancient fire. It works also if you use thrust (Tab). Last thing what can save your skin is use CMs on auto ... simply select CM in your right down hud ... this way are CMs launched automatically. IF you add flying in circle (in cruise or when escaping on thruster do small circles with mouse), NPCs are almost without chance disrupt you or hit with guns.

• I am using the advanced thruster, but will give it one more try. The problem is that for some reason I can not use navpoints on map so traveling is a bit of pain when I have to find the way myself.

O.K. I made an experiment, bought a Rheinland cruiser and killed all three drones. But when returning, I was jumped by two more at once and again, boom. So I am sorry, I believe it can be done, but it has to be someone playing the game 24 hours a day it seems. That is not me, I just play when I have a time and I want to have fun. Just please tell me, how the campaign ends. Will the good guys win? :-)

Edited once, last by K1ller: aa ().

• You already finished the mission ages ago, you only have to kill like 3-5 drones in total, no matter you die or such.

You can continue with the storyline, or should, by now :D

And change back to a fighter, I said you can't do anything with bigger ships >_> and, the adv thruster is sh*t, it isn't worth even 25 % of the adv hydroxin thruster or adv xenon one, faster, and burn way longer.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Totally agree with this. I've resorted to cheating to get past these bits in the game. It\'s a challenge the first 5 - 10 times of trying, after that it's just plain boring and annoying and i don't spend all day on Freelancer perfecting my piloting skills.

I thought about buying the Rheinland cruiser as well but the academy where it is sold don't stock weapons for it!? wtf!? what am i supposed to do? ram my way through enemies?

• The weapons are sold in strategic systems, the main system of each faction, X3043, in Altair sector, etc. You are NOT supposed to use capital ships through the storyline.

And if you need to cheat to get past some Ancients with the poorest weapons CF NPC has, and poorest range ( 800 ), good luck facing the outer galactic aliens that are giving Dom Kavash a lot of problems, which is why Dom Kavash accepts humans as allies, for help.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• but the academy where it is sold don't stock weapons for it!? wtf!? what am i supposed to do? ram my way through enemies?

Weapons are embedded with the cruiser.

• Well I will try to get better thrusters then. On the other hand, if I may add a suggestion, why is none of this advanced equipment sold at the Academy? It is a huge station with three docks and I think most SP players get to the same situation as me, that means need a better equipment which is not available anywhere near. And it is really painful now to go anywhere when I can not set up a waypoint.

• Totally agree with this. I've resorted to cheating to get past these bits in the game. It\'s a challenge the first 5 - 10 times of trying, after that it's just plain boring and annoying and i don't spend all day on Freelancer perfecting my piloting skills.

I thought about buying the Rheinland cruiser as well but the academy where it is sold don't stock weapons for it!? wtf!? what am i supposed to do? ram my way through enemies?

Can you please advice me how to cheat? I hate cheating, but I hate owerpowered NPC more. Thanks.

• Well, indeed putting some medium equipment at the Academy would make things easier for the storyline players (where the storyline is also in Multiplayer, but a bit different).

Now, I'm not sure that "easier" is what OP and some people want.

PS: And, cheating is not recommended :P

• Bonjour à tous, je me permets de recentrer le sujet, car je fais le tour depuis5 heures de tout le systeme Utopia, et je n'ai rien trouvé. Mis a part les bases balisées sur le plan initial, je ne trouve rien. J'ai avancé en D2 pour gagner du temps, mais rien, mon scanner ne detecte rien, est ce normal ?

Par vanace merci