Ancients help

There are 18 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by /V\ichael.

• Alright this is a question bout mission in single player about the killing of 3 ancient drones. this mission is impossible for me to complete. they wipe me out within a few minutes. can anyone help me out with a gear loadout or some kinda special way to survive this battle. thank you.

• Well, welcome to the portal bman :)

As loadouts, you should explore Crossfire systems after better equipment, like an Armor Upgrade (which can even double your ship's armor/hull), power generator to make your powerful weapons go for longer(but you have to find these weapons first ;) ) , better thrusters like Advanced Hydroxin thruster, etc.

As ways to survive the battle, well, never front the Ancients face to face, while they come after you keep running like a girl (sarcasm) until they get past you, then fire at them from behind. Be careful they can also fire behind them, but not as much as when they come in wing face to face with you and kill you in an instant.

Another tip is that their guns have low range, so you can use your thrusters (if you have one with much enough speed, like the Adv Hydro one mentioned above) to keep a distance, and fire at them from a safe range. But the Crossfire weapons have enough range for this... not the lvl 1-9 freelancer guns.

There are more details and tactics, but I guess this should help for now, other stuff can be more difficult :)

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• moved to rigth forum section

Hello Bman,

welcome!

I onle will add that you need learn how to kill them fast enough 1:1 and run away so they cant catch you 2:1 .. 3:1 etc. Hint: Torpedoes and rockets can be good for this. You need learn how to fly (check movement keys in config and try how to work strafe to all directions, engine kill and maybe reverese trust). You need learn how to kill drones easily, becasue next NPCs waiting for you are much, much more dangerous :) . So, do not give up, experiment, fight and learn. You will see soon that Drones are not so hard how it looks now.

p.s.: try search little on forum. here is enough advices how to fly/fight better.

• yeah equipment and strafing should help me tons in this fight. never really strafed up to this point but it seems it may help tons in this fight since they can stay in one spot and fire like craziness. i'll let you know how i do.. may take me a few tries :D

• Hello Bman and Welcome to CF.

Heh, I had 5 videos of killing ancients for those of you who needed help with it , but unfortunately I deleted them several months ago.

As Michael and Forlon already said , first you need to be very good equipped and use mostly thrusters , strafes and evades to avoid their fire. To avoid it , you need to use mostly thrusters , to avoid and fire at the same time you need to use strafes and when they are getting away , you can hit the thrusters and keep doing the "avoid and fire at the same time" till you kill the ancient. If you're heavily damaged, you can get away for a few seconds, repair yourself and then return back to the fight. Just takes a lot of practice at the beginning.

Anyway,

Good luck though.

• Yeah thank you for all the help i'm researching equipment and bout to go equip my ship. alrerady got some great weapons just need the power and armor upgrades and i should be good to give it another try. ITs a great mod and hopefully 2.0 will be awesome. i love the story and the challenge. keep up the good work!

• finally got it! the trick is to get a nice good shot in at first then stay behind em as much as possible and be really quick about it! took me a few tries and i need to work on my ancient killing skillz a lil more to master the battle. thanks for the help guys

• Cool, you're welcome :)

When you need more help, tips or even found some bugs, remember to first use the search engine arround, or search manually in the right sections, then simply post a thread like this one :D

Have fun and,
    --Enjoy !

-M

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• I always say one needs to press nanobots like being epilepsy-struck to kill these guys :) You lose nothing because when they die they drop much more than you have spent.

• welcome to the portal Bman.

see you serverside.

death beckons for your soul...... and i answer its call!

13th ARMORED is recruiting!
    are you up to the challenge?
    if so PM me or robbers dog.
    no matter your skill, we're looking for comrades in arms

also find us @ Free forum : 13th ARMORED
    join our forum. you know you want to........

• Having the same trouble, going to buy a Reinland cruiser next door in Utopia. They don't seem to be able to harm the shields on that. I'm just fed up with the damn things.

• Ok I so tried the cruiser, killed them but a 4th ancient killed me, tried a Kusari dreadnaught but the ancients spawned in New Tokoyo and again killed me. I have a Titan but I guess the new VHFs are better suited to this?

• Firedrake missiles did it, I also lost 90% of my ship in the process but I did it and afterburnered to Utopia in which Nomads thought it would be funny to kill me but i escaped popping my last flares.

Edited once, last by HaydenJD: Missing text. ().

• Ok I so tried the cruiser, killed them but a 4th ancient killed me, tried a Kusari dreadnaught but the ancients spawned in New Tokoyo and again killed me.

?¿?

• this happen when you not follow precisely missions path. Trigger which launch ancients is still active :)

... btw it can be rly fun have from time to time such 'bad' npcs on unexpected places in MP :)

• ... btw it can be rly fun have from time to time such 'bad' npcs on unexpected places in MP :)

That was part of the tiny/older version of "Dynamic Universe", the Custodian-NY gate closing due to solar flares/events, the Dimensional Rift in Sol not being stable, and nomads appearing in New London and such. That happened before, but since 1.8 it doesn't.

1rst, there was some work on it, to add more stuff, and 2nd, it doesn't make sense Nomads invade humans anymore, even though they are still hostile to humans as their breed was created like that, they can't exit their systems to invade us anymore.