What is wrong with US TV?

There are 43 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by [BC]afGun.

• I see it a pretty important topic to read...
    unless you don't care about our fav style of series and movies, sci fi.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Bond:

this is a period where humanity lack in creativity.

GO to MoDB ... Hundreds of thousands of ideas and also artworks. Also It considers CF as an artwork (and other modes).Look deeper for a hundred years the internet archaeologists will explore FL community etc

The End!!!

I would say an explosion of creativity.

OP:

and in case of science... we know almost nothing yet

I would not agree. Now we know that we are only in beginning. in the 20th century philosophy in science is thrown out, now philosophy back on front door. My opinion that this is a renaissance in science :)

__-
    What about European TV?!

PS
    OP fix my ID pls.ty.

• Well, at the end of 20th century, scientists were thinking they already discovered and know everything, and were stuck. So knowing we're just at the beggining is a very good thing to know, to keep evolving.

I haven't seen any interesting sci-fi thing on European TV.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• try it husker

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Those shows were cancelled because of the redundant story lines. Creativity has come to halt with most sci-fi writers and most shows have become dependent on the special-effects to keep audiences entertained.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• well, in my case that could still work

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Those shows were cancelled because of the redundant story lines. Creativity has come to halt with most sci-fi writers and most shows have become dependent on the special-effects to keep audiences entertained.

I could simply look at the the "original" stargate series and name many episodes of Start Trek, where they simply went for the same story (hell they even used that if you look at tng and tos)

you can only have so many ideas that have not already been used.

as far as tv goes, the 90s were sci-fi the first decade of the new millenium brought us some nice concepts (farscape,firefly) but other things came up that were better.

• Odyssey 5... :rolleyes: (old and good bur closed series X( )

[BattleCommand] InterGame Clan 1-st Founder

---
    In game signatures:
    [BC]afGun, [BC]Ksygon-Geleon (battleship)
    ---

This dream is a universe
    And every soul shines
    Where the darkness turns into light.
    I take you to fly with me
    And follow the way
    There will always be a new day!

• We should make a Crossfire serie... there're actually certain LARGE story threads here on SWAT made related to CF(older version ones, but good as starting and inspiration).
    There're already several pro video recorder players, who might like to find something cool they can do with videos.

Let's see how far we can go before closing the serie ? And then blame ourselves if we don't arrive at least until Season 5. :rolleyes:

• Complaining about them in here won't help much... hmm...
    We should make a Crossfire serie... there're actually certain LARGE story threads here on SWAT made related to CF( like "Last Mand Standing" thread, older CF versions and other topics, but good as starting and inspiration) and the CF campaign as well, just that we'd make it larger, not shorter.
    There're already several pro video recorder players, who might like to find something cool they can do with videos. in BC, in SA, in SMG, and who knows who else have a good PC and good recorder who wants to show his skills and be part of something bigger.

Let's see how far we can go before closing the serie ? And then blame ourselves if we don't arrive at least until Season 5. :rolleyes:

Of course it'd be for fun not money this time ;)

Each episode would have 40 mins like the normal series.

This. To some degree... Let's face it folks, Hollywood has long since run out of original ideas, particularly with sci-fis over the past years... Sci-fi flicks also are not popular enough compared to the other mindless, drivel TV series that is driven by a dumbed down society... I.E. shit like Twilight, Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries, of which the majority of our country seems to be hopelessly fixated on... Vampires and vampirism, with a little werewolf added in here and there for a predictable plot tool. *facepalm*

To give you an idea of how much I'm sick of this bullshit, I just told DISH Network this past week to come get their effin' equipment now that my required 2-year contract is up. I'm done with satellite AND cable TV, it's not worth the ridiculous rates they charge for even basic services anymore, I honestly haven't watched any TV in several weeks now, I'd honestly rather surf the net and play PC games/play console emulators. I'm fixing to go get me a PC Audio and Video remote feed device and hook that up to my living room TV and just stream whatever I like WHENEVER I like off of sites like Hulu.com, FOR FREE. (like some anime, been catching up on some Samurai X, Ruruoni Kenshin!) :thumbup:

• Making a kind of serie within Crossfire universe was a serious idea >_>

Well, I though it'd be fun, and showing things not many people know, CF secrets, would mmake everyone more interested in explorign and playing the game.
    It'd also be a great advertisement way.

Making a kind of serie within Crossfire universe was a serious idea >_>

Don't hurt me...

But this idea was in my head 3 years ago while inventing a plot to writing the book... But I've decided, however, to remain on common version of freelancer universe. BUT! Local date of events still just the first Nomad War (parallel to the main game plot)

:rolleyes:

---
    In game signatures:
    ---

This dream is a universe
    And every soul shines
    And follow the way

• There is a historical line (event dates and everything ordered by time) since vanilla times until the latest changes and happenings, RP stuff, including clans and everything, somewhere here on SWAT. Well those latest changes are until 1.8, but that's a good thing as we'll have what to add !

Local date is far after the second nomad war (the one of X3043), that's the beggining of the SP campaign and CF itself, and it tells how years passed, Dom Kavash changed, new hostiles appeared...

I hope it wasn't in the RP section... (which is gone).

But now you know such thing exist, in case you find it. It may be helpful to make a plot, there's actually a pretty large plot :D

There is a historical line (event dates and everything ordered by time)

I know. All "unoficial history" text is currently translated in to my native at 50%. I think, I will post the russian verion in the forum just under the original, whet it will be totaly complete :)

It may be helpful to make a plot, there's actually a pretty large plot

Already was. The book is complete and now under redaction. I don't know - is it will be translated into english someday or not. Becouse it my first book in the cycle, called "The Chronicles of Guardian".

But there is one more detail - Freelancer is just ONE of the several universes just like the world "Real World" (i.e. ours), "DragonEarth" (parallel), "Land of the Morning Star" and others. So, the current clan plot in the forum, called "the chronicles of [BC]" is actually based on this cycle.

Just for information :)

P.S. WTF is wrong with lexicon option?! >:-@ I just can't rid of it!

---
    In game signatures:
    ---

This dream is a universe
    And every soul shines
    And follow the way

Edited once, last by [BC]afGun ().

• Don't dare making a russian story origined in our english one and not translating it back to english !
    Such stories were made by other dedicated people, so there are a lot of players arround that are(or were) the same of interested in this as you.

• I know. but you also know my English...

So, I will TRY HARD to make it... But then... well... I need an interpreter :(

---
    In game signatures:
    ---

This dream is a universe
    And every soul shines
    And follow the way