IS 1.9 INTERFERING WITH 1.82 SP.

There are 16 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by COLBUCK4.

• WINDOWA XP PRO. GALLAXY 1028 GEFORCE 8400 GS. WHEN TRYING TO START 1.82 IN SP. GOES TO 1.82 SCREEN, AND STOPS JUST AS STARTS TO GO TO GAME MEN. RESTARTED 4 TIMES, AND DEL AUTO SAVE.

• WHEN GAME IS LOADING , AT THE POINT WHERE IT HAS RUN THROUGH THE INTRO AND GO TO THE SCREEN WHERE IT AT LOGO SCREEN FOR 1,82.AS IT STARTS TO GO TO THE GAME MENUE SCREEN.IT STOPS RESPONDING. AND WANT TO SEND A ER REPORT TO MICOSOFT. WORK GRAT
    WHEN GAME IS
    WHEN GAME IS LOADING , AT THE POINT WHERE IT HAS RUN THROUGH THE INTRO AND GO TO THE SCREEN WHERE IT AT LOGO SCREEN FOR 1,82.AS IT STARTS TO GO TO THE GAME MENUE SCREEN.IT STOPS RESPONDING. AND WANT TO SEND A ER REPORT TO MICOSOFT. WORK GRAT LAST NIGHT. I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU I KIND SLOW WITH CP. THANK FOR ANY HELP.
    LOADING , AT THE POINT WHERE IT HAS RUN THROUGH THE INTRO AND GO TO THE SCREEN WHERE IT AT LOGO SCREEN FOR 1,82.AS IT STARTS TO GO TO THE GAME MENUE SCREEN.IT STOPS RESPONDING. AND WANT TO SEND A ER REPORT TO MICOSOFT. WORK GRAT LAST NIGHT. I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU I KIND SLOW WITH CP. THANK FOR ANY HELP.
    LAST NIGHT. I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU I KIND SLOW WITH CP. THANK FOR ANY HELP.

Don't post in black please, it is VERY hard to read for those of us with the black theme. Also, don't just post in all caps, it makes you seem angry.

Edited 2 times, last by Griffin ().

• well i just tested and my copy of 1.8 still works fine so i doubt its anything to do with 1.9. You might want to make sure you have admin rights while playing, and try turning of any antivirus (this sometimes helps). Finally as a last resort you could try reinstalling the whole thing.

(also you might want to turn off caps lock, seriously there is no need to shout at us :()

• Yes, it is doing the same for me also, I launched multiplayer and also attempted SP, it gets to the update screen then crashes to the desktop, it want to sent an error report
    to M$. The first time was 2 nights ago, multiplayer started running updates, stopped at 12 then crashed. Suspect it has something to do with 1.9 testing. I know my setup is good.
    Grizz... ;)

• just dont let it patch and deact i-net

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• In more words, the launcher will add 1.9 files to your installation, which if it's 1.82 they are NOT compatible.

So if you only want 1.82 SP, then Deny it's access to the internet from your firewall, antivirius or any other way, you can also click the Start Signleplayer button faster than it patches.

That's all.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Hey... thanks for the heads up, I will wait till the download is ready, then switch over completely. As always GOOD things are worth waiting for. When Wild1 and myself get
    things sorted out, we plan on sending a token of our appreciation. Op, as always you go the distance for the community, how can that ever be repayed? Thank you for all that you do.
    Grizz... :thumbsup:

• thanks everyone, got to work again. this is the only way i could get it to work. 1restored back from mod manger. 2. deactivate mod. 3. redownload 1.82 and ran it over the top of old instal. 4. reactivated, and work fine. on two runs.

• Redownloading was useless (unless you deleted the FLMM and the mod itself...)
    With just restoring the replaced files, by, the safest way, reinstalling freelancer and reactivating the mod. You could even do it all again, but with keeping the download...

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• It work fine. for me this time. i have had to , do it your way in the pass. you know even a d----s cant get lucky sometimes. or maybe i did something wrong. thanks .

• Soooo, Correct me if wrong, (new to Crossfire mod) but if I want to play online, I have to wait for the launcher to update... Which breaks my install?!?!? (If I let the Launcher Update to enable the Multiplayer button, It will crash as soon as the main FL menu is about to display, I see the Crossfire Intro image while everything loads, Then it crashes.)

Would love to play online, But I'm new to Both the FL advanced modding community and online play. (Been over 2 years since I last played FL, and back then it was vanilla only for me, No mods)...

Sorry if I missed any info, But I just did not see anything that seemed relevant on how to work around this issue...

• correnting you:
    to play online you need Crossfire 1.9 and patch it if needed... not version 1.82

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• OP you are wright, went back and watch sec ca. i was installing and got a phone call. and didnt hit sp til after it had patch. 1.82 is worhing fine now. after the fix i did. and thank you for this great mod. love it. OP have you ever heard of wing commander armara. it is a old dos base game may have been one of the first wing commander games.

• correnting you:
    to play online you need Crossfire 1.9 and patch it if needed... not version 1.82

I am experiencing the same issue. The sever was crashing constantly and my freighters were not carrying the supplies I just bought so I deleted all freelancer files from my PC at the risk to lose all my ships and credits :(. Then I installed the game, installed FLMM 1.31, and CF 1.82. I followed the installation instruction twice and the game crash as soon as the 1.82 screen shows up. I want to play MP since I do not need CF for a SP. Where can I get 1.9?

if 1.9 is beyond me. Can some one help me get to get to play MP. And Please, very please would you do so like you would to a 5 years old living in 1970. :D

Thanks,

RC

• with 1.82 you wont get far anymore in MP
    MP is only supported with version 1.9
    the download will be available soon

OP have you ever heard of wing commander armara. it is a old dos base game may have been one of the first wing commander games

yes i know armada... played it when i was 13 or 14
    it was the 4th wing commander game -> I played them all when they got released (except arena)

Wing commander 1 (later with special mission addon)
    Wing commander 2 (later with spec ops)
    Wing commander Academy
    Wing commander Armada
    Super Wing commander
    Wing commander 3
    Wing commander 4
    Wing commander prophecy
    Wing commander secret ops

and of course the privateer games
    there is btw. a remake of Armada

Personally I liked Wing Commander 3 most (in my eyes the most professional attempt to build a space shooter)
    never again story was that much important in a space shooter game
    its a shame that such games are not produced anymore

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• yes , i stell have most of them in the org, boxs and pamples. would be neat to have an armada in cf type game. on the box of armara it has play head to head, by modem or network. is head to head like a server.