I have tried, but I have no choice but to leave.

There are 67 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Riebens.

• Hi all,
    As I posted on Crossfire Facebook a couple of days ago, I shall be leaving the server with great regret.
    I only fly ships mounted with guns, that is the way I have played for 4 years and I do not want to change that.
    Op has relegated the Redemption to the realms of a tug boat - performance reduced by 30% compared to the Super fast ships only being reduced by 8%.
    The only available 6 x lvl 10 ship now is the Bullpup MkII which is NOT a contender in the PvP stakes.
    The mod is geared to missile firing ships and if you don't have one, you will NEVER reach the upper echelons in PvP.
    I asked Op prior to 1.9 to either increase the projectile speed of 1 lvl 9 gun or to make 1 performance ship have 6 x lvl 10 slots so people could have the choice of using guns or missiles - I was refused on both.
    So, thanks for your intransigence, Op.

To all others - it has been great playing, fighting, PvP'ing and helping you guys. I really have enjoyed it and it is with very much regret that I have to go.

FD

• I would wait and see if I were you, in my experience, missiles in 1.82 stopped working if more than 12 -15 players were logged on. With the increased load it would not surprise me if guns were not the best option.

• The server stability and load have been improved so that option of using advantage on lag is less probable, though there're still issues with the FL Hook, and we anyway have a media of 25 players logged on daily, with this 1.9 it'll be increasing a lot. The server usually kept a 20+ players online at once the last months.

Tough it's true, "private complains" made certain ships go worse than others, as it always was, but don't give up, there are, is certain player who uses a mix of 4 class 10 guns and certian other guns as Tizona, though there are other mixes, and he usually only use the 4 class 10 guns but in proper moments the tizonas... there were more ppl using such ideas for improving themselves in guns-only combats.

You can try to learn a tactic to use, with help or by yourself as you know yourself better, but don't just give up.

Counting you are a good gunner, maybe you want to try capital ships ? there are new ones, and on them you'll have no issues of missiles and such, while your targeting is expert you can kill anything that's less expert than you, in any ship.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• all ships are balanced by formula to be more equal, no exceptions were made

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Michael, thank you for your offer of help, but you cannot accurately use guns of different projectile speeds. Targetting is messed up. I have tried and tested this over 4 years. Conclusion = guns MUST have same projectile speed.
    Op - by what formula which makes Bullpup MkII which is bigger, faster than Redemption?

• Greeting MY friend firedragon as you know I am not that great on pvp and my ping is high always like 150 0 2 my best ping however i still enjoy fighting with you,
    your one of the best i fought here. i am sure that you will find a way to adapt your fighting skill like all great fighter here just give it a chance at list wait for me to download the game and we can learn to fight together my friend.

(\__/)
    (='.'=# This is Bunny# Copy and paste bunny into your
    #" #_#" # signature to help him gain world domination#
    [AS]Demonic Pay or Die

attachment.php?aid=709

• I am a gunfighter .. not missile user ..

This is not good news for me...

Kind regards

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Windows 8.1 X64, AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz, 16GB 1600 RAM, NVIDEA GeForce GXT 460

• 1. the bullpup is not bigger... also the size of ships were adjusted
    you might get that impression based on the camera position but reality looks different

2. bullpup (depening on which of those we are talking about) is not faster
    again the camera position might lead to subjective feelings

3. the formula used calculated the exact values for the ships based on their class and equipment

4. another thing you might take into credit is the fact that equipment has mass now and changes the way ships handle

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Bullpup Mk II 1.3415 0.4198 0.4717
    Redemption 1.1875 0.3866 0.4317

These are from the .ini files and show Bullpup much faster than Redemption ( I have an Admin programme that lets me look at these files but not alter them).
    I can look at every ship and piece of equipment on this mod and compare it, this was part of my job as front of house Admin. So Op, it seems your answers are not correct.
    I think Michael spoke correctly when he said some ships were changed more than others due to complaints. Nobody used the Redemption before me, classidying it as slow and heavy, but equipped and handled correctly, it became a top PvP ship.
    Due to that I was accused many times of cheating - somethng I have never, ever done. (I quit my Admin job due to "cheating" by other Admin.)
    As to missiles - they cause lag, so why is it so terrible to want a decent all gun fighter ?

Michael, thank you for your offer of help, but you cannot accurately use guns of different projectile speeds.

I know that perfectly, which is why I said only the 4 class 10 guns(same type ofc) are used most of the time, but there are advantages for messing the targeting in certain situations when targeting is a problem.
    I can explain more about this on private, I considered myself a gunner as well, but I learnt to mix both ways. In guns-only duels I don't remember somebody beating me, even the Top Gunner Crysis had a 2 vs 3 me wins from 5, loosing by one, combining with misilles the scores were different, better for him. I had to use asteroids and the stations to win a duel :D. Missiles are tricky, and even lucky based when skills are equal or near as there are many things you don't control at them, hit chance, server load/lag, certain forumla's situations depending on your ship's speed, etc.

About the Redemption, it was brought to the game in 1.82 without using an own icon, into Tarsus system because I "found it" existing in the mod without being used at all in the game, neither by NPCs. It wasn't "balanced" and fixed by then, so it had to change more than the rest of the ships that were already balanced-try since 1.8. That dosn't mean I agree or disagree with the current balance you said about, it was just fyi.

Maybe thinking of the equipment's mass, there are even more ways to self-improve your chances as gunner, by thinking ;) (I actually got one)

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Huor - What is the difference in mass of a gun and a missile launcher ? So a ship with 2 cd/t should have more mass than a ship with 1 ??
    There are ships with 4 lvl 10, 2 lvl 9, 2 cd/t, m, cm which are MUCH faster than Redemption with only 1 cd/t, m, cm

• ...I would like you to stay my friend, but if you have really decided to leave, than what can i say... Farewell... :( We had some great times in IC, and i hope(if you leave) that you'll be back in space soon :)

Don't judge a ship by the number of it's guns, but by the skill of it's crew.

• If you really don't give it a second chance, you might be sorry for it :/
    but well, you wouldn't be the first abandoning for that reason.

• Firedragon: As you might imagine - there are some more important things for me currently than looking for ship acceleration and their handlings. OP stated he altered it - its enough to know currently. If you want to have a faster ship - try and get one.

I am sorry if i sound rough. But OP and the rest of the dev team have certainly more important stuff to do.
    We appreciate every hint - that for sure. But please dont get mad with us if we currently consider other points to be more relevant than just ship speed.

Thanks for your understanding ;)
    And i am sorry for any inconvenience.

signature.png

• 1. it pleases me when somebody tries to teach me modding
    2. the file containing the ship settings is a plain text file... so what admin program did you need? -> notepad is enough
    3. what do you want with those 3 values? Ship agility consists of 9 basic values. Based on those 9 values you can 6 new values which represent basic turning speed and turning acceleration ... putting these into a timeframe you can calculated another 3 values which actually are the real turning speed. If your values would be correct at least the first 2 for each ship would be identical.
    4. as huor said... you are not even considering the new flight physics we have introduced such as mass of equipment and commodities or the innertia

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I have just calculated the mass/drag coefficient and the turning rates of the different ships...

not all the ships of the same class has the same mass/drag coefficient, making some ships in the same class much more desireable than others...

It seems the redemption is now close to the bottom of the usable ships for PVP fighting ... around 40'th ... as such it is also much weaker against the IC aliens where abilitry tu turn and 'throw the ship around' is very important as well as the 6 lvl 10 guns required to make their days living nightmares..

Kind Regards

UPDATE

For instance (examples for X axis only)

Redemption 140 mass X m/d Coeff 200 Deg per Sec turn 67.6
    Persephone 140 mass X m/d Coeff 487.5 Deg per Sec turn 74.53
    Cayman 140 mass X m/d Coeff 1025 Deg per sec turn 90.36

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Windows 8.1 X64, AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz, 16GB 1600 RAM, NVIDEA GeForce GXT 460

Edited 3 times, last by Riebens ().