Crossfire 1.9 troubles reports

There are 371 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• @ALL: Can you pls use this thread to report problems you might have with new 1.9.?

In report should be:
    MP or SP
    your operating system
    graphics related setting from mod activation
    problem description (detailed)
    is problem repeatable?

+ have stored last autosave in case is needed.

• Ship "Cayman" has a messed up hardpoint layout - exactly that of a Lagg. Not a big issue, just looks odd.

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• The forum and sites are alive !! :D

andreas: the first video you get blocked at is a high definition Swat logo, and you can't skip it neither with choosing the option of "Skip movies", though you shouldn't have problems at it as I though you have super PC and stuff. It isn't the save games, neither issues with the CF installation necesarly, I'd recommend to edit something , but not sure if OP's ok with it. Though you would skip that swat logo, you'd get directly to CF's loading screen. Green only appeared(for win xp or some graph cards as I guess) when there's a leak of issue with graphic card or machine's not having the needed requirements. At least that's what happens on (older?) PCs when they try a modern game.

Try taking options out, and/or putting lower res if you already chosen a super big one, maybe the logo gets heavier, but dunno. As even if I get you skip the swat logo video where you get stuck, there might be something wrong with the download itself O.o

lol ty mike it was indeed only the Swat intro that made problems....i went to Data>Movies and deleted the Swat intro and when i launched CF i got sent straight to the Main Menu with no problems............idk what hapened with the Swat intro and why it should conflict with my GTX 580 idk........

Annyway where was i...

Wooooot :bstupididea: 1.9 :bfantasydreams:

I Don't Need To "Get A Life." I'm A Gamer. I Have Lots Of Lives! :D

It can be good rebels like in starwars :thumbup:

Plz visit >>> United Rebels - Portal

Intel i7-4930k| Corsair H80 liquid cooling with 2x Noctuna NF-F12 Industrial | Rog Rampage IV Extreme| Corsair Vengance 32gb 4x8gb| 2x EVGA Classified GTX 980ti SLI| Corsair 1050w silver-80 PCU | about 30TB storage (Seagate Archive) (for p-rat torrents 24/7 when not playing CF offc) | a 240GB Rog Raidr pci-e for Windows 10 Pro upgraded from win7 With Classic Shell to give me the XP/Win7 start menu and a Aero hack to make everything gloss "ish" | all in a NZXT Phantom Big tower (black) connected to a 55" Panasonic TX-P55VT60Y Plasma TV.

• 1. that vid was exported as the latest wmv version... i guess if you dont have the drivers or dont run on win7/vista this might be a problem then
    i really cant say more about this... its very likely just a missing codec
    dunno if it makes sense now to convert it to an older wmv version

2. i was not able to reproduce the crash at the destruction of the carrier in sol... tried it 6 times meanwhile
    as on you pics, crysis... the explosion seems to work fine the only thing triggered afterwards is a cut scene (see the attached pics)
    I hereby would assume that the cutscene is missing on your PC for some unknown reason

3. the cayman... hmm well... maybe ive missed the save button when i edited it
    -> will provide an update of that ship through the launcher

4. the problems with the cap ships
    i have no idea why it should not work... this for sure is not easy to solve and requires much more time

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Hello,
    I detected some bugs in MP...
    When Im trying to buy Liberty Gunboat, Rheinland Cruiser, Asteroid miner (ships that should have integrated weapons, right?) - Im always getting kicked when trying to undock with message "possible cheat detected".
    I tried to buy them few times, was restarting game via launcher - still can't. Another player tried to buy miner and got kicked too.
    But I can buy BS without any problem (which needs bought turrets), AbrasDevil bought it too without problem.
    So maybe it's because of integrated weps of those ships (cruiser, gunboat, miner)?
    Giorgi.

• Giorgi: its 4) problem in OP post above your.

• 2. i was not able to reproduce the crash at the destruction of the carrier in sol... tried it 6 times meanwhile
    as on you pics, crysis... the explosion seems to work fine the only thing triggered afterwards is a cut scene (see the attached pics)
    I hereby would assume that the cutscene is missing on your PC for some unknown reason

Heh, could you somehow put that lost scene peace in the launcher when it downloads the files, or do I have to download the mod again? -_-

• i dont even know if that is really the prob
    i could provide the files to you can give you instructions where to put them

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Heh, that also works ;D

I have your MSN so, meet me there?

• OP, what needs Freelancer CF that normal Freelancer doesn't need ? on my older PC, with windows xp (btw the swat logo worked well on it, not only for win7/vista..) on a purely clean installed windows xp with all hardware drivers, Adobe player stuff, and the .Net frameworks 2.0 then all the window xp SP2 updates to SP3 and .net frames to 3.5, and the FL CF still crashed after loading image, right when the menu should appear. No savegames or stuff, of course... think they need something I don't remember, as it does the same on a clean window Vista(+all drivers from it's CD and JRE java as extra). normal FL work, CF crashes after the loading image before the menu.
    The download was correct, it worked on my main PC. And the activation found no issues and was successful.

The debug which it gathers to "send" and dxdiag data doesn't show clear errors, just that it haven't arrived to make any "hardware/software tests" at all, and that it doesn't find a DirectX (DX) configuration.

The programs I told above were mainly all I installed on the fresh Windowses, so if there's something I haven't told and is needed, tell it ^^

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Got a bigger problem this time........I used most of my money to buy a Train at Earth.... they sold diamonds so i picked upp a load and i was planing to drop it off at Waterloo station on my way to Tau-37.....i docked at Waterloo and sold my diamonds and tried to undock and the server crashed....now every time i try to accsess the server i crash the whole server... :bcrazy:

Intel i7-4930k| Corsair H80 liquid cooling with 2x Noctuna NF-F12 Industrial | Rog Rampage IV Extreme| Corsair Vengance 32gb 4x8gb| 2x EVGA Classified GTX 980ti SLI| Corsair 1050w silver-80 PCU | about 30TB storage (Seagate Archive) (for p-rat torrents 24/7 when not playing CF offc) | a 240GB Rog Raidr pci-e for Windows 10 Pro upgraded from win7 With Classic Shell to give me the XP/Win7 start menu and a Aero hack to make everything gloss "ish" | all in a NZXT Phantom Big tower (black) connected to a 55" Panasonic TX-P55VT60Y Plasma TV.

• there is nothing additional that it needs

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• which char did you use when it crashed?

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• He just showed me now how he crashes the server ... lol

[UR]Grand's_Gold_Miner~ He just spent 90M on that char ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Windows 8.1 X64, AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz, 16GB 1600 RAM, NVIDEA GeForce GXT 460

• In Inner Core systems, and I don't know if it happens elsewhere, if you die in a different system to the one you were docked in, when you regen server still lists you as being in system you died in, not original system. Try to undock and you are booted for cheating. This goes on for a long time, seemingly until server crashes.

• Dragon.. this worked fine for me yesterday evening ....

Died in sadurn, and re-gen in O3 ...

Kind regards

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Windows 8.1 X64, AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz, 16GB 1600 RAM, NVIDEA GeForce GXT 460

• OP... think better, what's needed to read all of the CF parts ? Something went wrong on both vista nad xp clean installs, and on my main PC it worked... is there something basic for Windows that I missed maybe ?

Firedragon: when you die in another system, it always does that, until you undock it won't read you're not there anymore, as while you're docked you're out of any solar system, technically. So that's not the issue, it's since Freelancer... what you got/bought/did in there ?

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• I saw Firedragon get booted a ton of times upp there while i was on my way to the London system....

• this is under investigation

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Few probs.

Problem started when i bought third part of cloaking device. When i had 2 parts i was docking without a prob, now with 3 onboard (unmounted) if i try to dock then server crash and after restart i respawn at docking structure. Tested on few stations in DK space, result is same. Now char stay in space with all 3 parts (Char SMG_Veles.)

Liverpool station in manchester not sell ships, there is no ship icon next to equipment dealer so impossible to buy bigship.

After loging in at evening (i was playing earlear today) i found what char got rollback and when i try to undock i got kicked as cheater, ship was defender, vanila stuff except scanner and armor. Only way i managed to undock, i selled all weapons/equipment/stuff and bought only basic scaner (without scanner u cant undock at all) and then i undocked without problem and char started to work normaly. Char SMG_STR_2M

watchi10.png

Life is just a game, scenario is crap but at least video is excellent.

CF chars: SMG_Pic, SMG_Picard,SMG_Explorer, SMG_Savage

When you constantly wining fights you loosing skills, when you loosing fight you learning how to win.