Clans and groups catalogue

There are 66 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• I was thinking of creating a new pinned topic called "Newbies Guide to Crossfire Clans and Group" or NGCCG (pronounced "nuggachugg", or, you know, not). :bmuhahaha:

We would list the current clans (official server clans with rented systems, rules and GRs) and groups (unofficial server clans, identified by tags and licences only).
    Listing would be basic clan stats - tag, name, system, roleplay, leader, brief history maybe. This would be a reference for all newbies that join the server now and in the future.

If anyone asks why, because as the console notifier says, clan-roleplay is another, broader dimension of Crossfire and should be adequatly presented to people, AND that new guys have a quick reference as to what each clan does.

Thoughts? :)

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• Looks as good idea :D

• Quick question before this whole shazam is started - what's the current CFPD and LP status?
    Active as clan or active as group (in light of my definitions up there)?

• I don't think speaking about clan situations before making the list matters at all... where we post the data clan ? I guess not on this thread as it's already spammed :D
    Or better people PM you with that data, and you make a thread with 1 post including a table form of all the info, less spammy more usseful and clean.

Anyway don't expect much cooperation on this, I guess you will have to investigate most of the data about other clans.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Not that bad, but who will work on updates?You know what i mean!

...and about ur questions, it would be better to ask in PM form.What you think?
    8).

I'll keep it updated. And no, since the data I'd get from those PMs would be public anyway. Nothing secret about it nor any insult intended, I'd just like to know so I'd be able to classify the clan.

I don't think speaking about clan situations before making the list matters at all... where we post the data clan ? I guess not on this thread as it's already spammed :D
    Or better people PM you with that data, and you make a thread with 1 post including a table form of all the info, less spammy more usseful and clean.

Anyway don't expect much cooperation on this, I guess you will have to investigate most of the data about other clans.

This thread can be used for gathering data, suggestions and remarks, and I'll make a new (pinned) topic with nicely compiled informations. :)

• Great Idea :thumbsup:
    Nothing like going through system after system and not knowing till someone zipps infront of you asking what your doing in their space/system.

All Characters are Licensed Police Officers:

Katertrak_Jack (flying a BS)
    Laws_Brann (testing different ships for IC hunting)
    Junker_Clunker (Mission char for good cach fast)
    Cargo_Brann (Transporter of lawful cargo)
    Katatonic[ASF] (ASF business only and afew events if other char can't make it)

See You In Space Soon :)

• CFPD is under Michael's control / jusrisdiction at the moment and we have not had a discussion about it's future. CFPD was removed from the Rep boards of a few server clans already some time ago, so the point of us disclosing the future of CFPD, diplomatically at least, has been decided for us.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• So, about CFPD - clan exists, Tarsus rules are to be enforced, Michael is GR, your alliances stand? Micheal?
    About LP, I know there was some talk about the system rental, and lack of GR and stuff... Do I place you in groups or clans?
    Is gT still active?
    What are Borg and G41?

Note to all groups who will rent a system when 1.9 is published - list will be edited as clans become official, so no worries.

First draft, just for basic layout - say if I missed or wrongly placed someone (also sorry if I did):

Police clans - BG, CFPD, DC, UR
    Police groups - CCCP, CoP

Pirate clans - Fallen, LP, SMG
    Pirate groups - DSC, GoP

Mercenary clans - IOC, PX, SA
    Mercenary groups - gT, ToD

Smuggler clans - BLK_OPS
    Smuggler groups -

Unknown/unaligned - Borg, G41

• Correct, CFPD still have few members who keep an eye on Crossfire, and that can be called in. The only last change was Gunny's exile, and there was nothing official about changes in CFPD's status.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• From my knowledge.

BORG are a Freelancer Group. (not wearing any RP-license at all) Last members of them I've seen in weth without any licenses. My questions about their chosen RP was "we didnt chose one, we are freelancers"

G41 I would consider a pirate group - last action was pirating, all members wear a pirate license (and tried to bring up terrorizing behaviour on CF, they intended to act the same way, like they act on the HHC-server, where G41 is a Terror Organisation, attacking everyone without warning or reason, only for the frags) They got used to the RP on CF and assured me that they will play the pirate RP, since its the most closest RP to the one they play on HHC-server.

Thats what I know/got told.

For the rest, I think that thread is a good chance to gather ideas, suggestions and options, which can be used.
    Sensitive datas about clans? all datas about the clans in general, should be available in the System-rule section anyway. and whats not listed there (but needed) can be told in PM (as mentioned already)

• Second draft (changes in bold):

Police clans - BG, CFPD, DC, UR
    Police groups - CCCP, CoP, cpc

Pirate clans - Fallen, LP, SMG
    Pirate groups - DSC, G41, GoP, SR

Mercenary clans - IOC, PX, SA
    Mercenary groups - gT, ToD

Smuggler clans - BLK_OPS
    Smuggler groups -

Unknown/unaligned - Borg

• That would be pretty much it. Now you just need to get in touch with the clan leaders/responsibles, for any detailed information, which they would like to be permanently revealed
    Such as leader/commander (whatever)
    homesystem/territory
    hostiles? (might be a good idea, if so, in order to prevent newbees from jumping into trouble without having a clue to deal with the wrong clan)

maybe the leades/responsibles of each clan/group could step up and contact you via PM?!

• LNAW Group - lnaw.nstars.org

Kind Regards

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Windows 8.1 X64, AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz, 16GB 1600 RAM, NVIDEA GeForce GXT 460

• my thoughts:

1 forum board for clan descriptions
    - threads require activation by moderators
    - replies are not allowed
    - every clan can create just one thread
    - a common posting template is to be used for the creation of the thread (name, leaders, history, clansite, relation to other clans, roleplay, system rules)
    - serverclans will be stuck on the board
    the content of that board then can be displayed directly on the CF page

the relations to other clans probably require an additional script where clans can "rate" other clans -> set their reputation

benefits:
    - same structure for all clans
    - no stupid discussions about rules and reasons for them
    - relative easy to moderate
    - easy to find for new players

disadvantages:
    - only one member can edit that clan presentation (mostly the leader)
    - leader changes require the removal and recreation of the thread
    - ive no idea yet how to create or manage the reputation script part

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

- ive no idea yet how to create or manage the reputation script part

Even I first though you meant reputation between clans as the rep board each clan has of friendly or foe, it seems you say about voting a clan as "good" or "bad"... well it could need no script counting 1 vote for 1 clan from a choose between 1 to 5, where 1 is badly organized/not friendly and 5 is good organization,and friendly. Active or not shouldn't be related.

• no i mean clan reps

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!