How to make players being interested in joining a clan

There are 40 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• I just sit in NY, New London, Frankfurt, New Berlin and Texas to recruit those places it is working for mre :thumbsup: We tell them first thing they need to do is regester at swat, BLK_OPS website and a couple more sites that classified:) 8)

[headline]IT IS BETTER TO RIDE THE FORCE OUT THEN TO TRY AND OUT RUN IT[/headline]

Shock-N-Force* Black_Scorpion* White_Scorpion* Red_Scorpion* IN_PX_HONOR*

[headline]PAY YOUR TAXES IT IS THE ONLY HEALTHY DECISION YOU CAN MAKE[/headline]

CF Black Operations Clan : Home : Not Listed (NL) Guild Site at GuildPortal (We Are Recrulting All Ranks -Join Our Clan By Filling Out The Application On Our Web Site)

• Yes as sitting with high level ships in NY isn't much allowed, you can sit in Texas :D hmpf
    Also telling those classiefied data to any new pilot arround won't keep them classified for long, unless they're already trustable :)

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• I hope that he doesn't accept things literally? ...>_>

When he told that, he meant not to do exactly what him and some others said with "sarcastic" bad examples of how to recruit lol

Well, Gunny's honorable way is the most efficient if you want long range term players, who join and stay(and mainly don't betray you fast). Instead of other fast ways of recruiting and fast ways of loosing them before a week or two :D Easy come easy go.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• And then everyone wonders why there aren't any people to recruit. These clans who recruits them as soon as they enter in the server leaves the other clans no recruits at all.

• And makes them loose the interest very fast,as there's no clan with soo many plyers atm.

The "Easy come, easy go" theory works for CF players too. They get all easy and fast, it's value decreases and looses the interest in CF stuff even if they haven't explored half of it yet.
    There are some examples of clans who recruited that way and had a short time success.

• Exactly.

And since the old good fashioned clans are inactive, there are now new clans which are barely active as well. If this continues , there won't be any active clan in the server at all.

Those people should just join the inactive clans and make them active again , instead of creating a new clan.

• I think it a great idea to get to talk with the players that are freelacers at first, get to know abit about them. I personaly am a freelacer/trader and find that even being on everyday that there is alot I haven't found out yet. But someone talking and letting me or other players know abit of info is always nice. As for joining a Clan I myself am not great at PvPing and thus really stops me from joining. Yes I know there are other roles that players can do but most clans have alot of traders and other team memebers in each part. (but that is my).

All Characters are Licensed Police Officers:

Katertrak_Jack (flying a BS)
    Laws_Brann (testing different ships for IC hunting)
    Junker_Clunker (Mission char for good cach fast)
    Cargo_Brann (Transporter of lawful cargo)
    Katatonic[ASF] (ASF business only and afew events if other char can't make it)

See You In Space Soon :)

As for joining a Clan I myself am not great at PvPing and thus really stops me from joining.

Don't think that way, you can't even know some good pvp and dogfighting techniques without joining a clan... clans don't request you to be a top fighter before joining, you get trained and helped inside the clan(that's what are clans for btw, not only to unite and group up people, but to help eachother), so don't subestimate yourself mate ! :D

• Yep, if you begin PvPing now and start learning techniques(moves , evades , attacks etc.) in the process , the more experience you gain , the better you'll become. After that, you can try joining in a clan which is able to push you even further , or proceed on your own, your choice.

• The "Easy come, easy go" theory works for CF players too. They get all easy and fast, it's value decreases and looses the interest in CF stuff even if they haven't explored half of it yet.

Yes and they left the CF...

I would like to see old times, older than my presence here, and we need to make clan membership to be privilege, not to beg new players to enter in.
    In my opinion this is one of the most important issues here, ppl reload, some ppl use cheats, many ppl don't respect others, many newcomers have no clue about Server rules and Role play rules!
    There is no simple solution for this!We need to work together to regain old CF glory
    I have feelings that we clan leaders need to accept greater responsibility for our clan members, and punishment measures too.Ban is way to go, as last resort but we need some serious actions!

Just to remind you elders, and to show to newcomers, what is the meaning of clan recruiting!(This not my invention, i learned from the best)

This is not commercial move, just my opinion how recruiting need to looks like-from my point of view, of course!

1. The first thing you need is some life experience, and you must have an authoritative figure!

ps
    To see what i have in mind when we talking about responsible recruiting, take a look at CoP recruit thread and follow the links by order of appearance!

• Good luck with that.

As soon as this community don't start working together , inventing ways of a better gameplay , inventing ways of countermeasures against rule-breakers and etc etc ... it won't get any better.

• List of 1 week clan in 1.9

Borg
    Synergie
    gT
    UGD
    CCCP
    TD
    etc...

List of dying official clans

LP
    DC
    fallen
    CFPD
    IOC
    UR

List of 1 man clan
    COP
    DSC

shall i continue?

• Please ALL return to topic. I heavily moderated this thread whole day and not want continue with this. If you not have usefull tips for recruiting or clan leading maintenance (mainly regarding new recruits) then pls move away.

p.s.: any mod, give this above to info tag (from phone now)

• I did that Info box even I didn't really agreed to it, but understood it's reason :D

This is "General Discussions" board, not to spamm but either too strict, as clans activity and "old ways of recruiting" is still on topic, for now.

Bond: Wisely spoken mate ;) As even Crysis said Good luck with that, as it was good but too hard.

Anyway, we have the "right" and "more or less right" ways to recruit and it's questions are mainly answered in the posts above.... now we need the "motivation" to start doing it ? I myself can say I already started it/something(even with my heavy situation), more info is classified for now, announcements will be made later.

• And? What is the point Raven?
    Or we need to recall the time when i was recruit officer in SFP and how "some" clans recruit ppl these days?I think better No!

• And? What is the point Raven?
    Or we need to recall the time when i was recruit officer in SFP and how "some" clans recruit ppl these days?I think better No!

well if you didnt understand my poV i will explain.
    Atm the server doesnt have so many new players/freelancer to fill the needs of so many clans. and i see less people playing in the last weeks.
    We all wanted to see tons and tons of new guys but thats not the reality.
    So why keep one man clan and not join a couple of players and form a clan or revive and old dying clan?

this is just my opinion hope now you understand bond. And btw most of all active PX play together for over than 2 years, we are all great friends who enjoy playing together this mod, being one of the most active clans in the server. :D

So why keep one man clan and not join a couple of players and form a clan or revive and old dying clan?

Because many go to extreme lengths to ensure some of those old clans don't succeed. Therefore, people don't want the headache.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• Well, as a bit in the past we could say "if people didn't mess with newcomers, there would be more new players ", but as I think/notice now just newcomers messed with other newbs, we should "objectively" help newcomers feel they have a lot more to discover and enjoy, as the SP players who come cus of an issue and tell how they feel that, which makes them stick with the mod.

"Objectively" meant as not helping them with info ideas and such just to recruit them, but for the mere reason to have more friends and people with who to have fun ! As part of the old veteran members here just have on a "dislike list" the rest of old members for not forgetting and forgiving mistakes and problems they had in the past. But new players can be good allies/hostiles for a while :D