Showcase

There are 334 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SA_SEQAN.

• rust on ship in space sounds funny ^^

2 Arrow - Tripoli shipyards,as i remember, does not have place and powerfull to build big ships... and this base is placed in metal scrap field. this is not comfortabl run on a BS in some asteroid or metal scrap field... i think for corsairs can be more real add the bombers. If corsairs (by the story game) want to attack rheinland and bretonia houses (and kill red hessians) - they must have in their fleet bombers,becouse they do not have base and support for BS (repair base with moor or fuel mining for big resourse of this ships)...but if they will be have bombers - they will be more maneuverable in fight,more powerfull...and bombers can dock with any corsair base for recharge. this will be balance game and take some MORE real story line.

2 OP - please do that cap ships can dock only with moor. becouse that looks absurdly when big BS dock with pirate base and transport with 700 cargo cant dock there =(

p.s. i think in first freelancer was a good idea give Dromoder for outcasts and their allies - becouse they are the biggest smugg band in sirius,who selling cardamine...now biggest cargo have red hessians.I have question: for what they have so big freighter??? is their target to sell some goods? as i remember - they are fighters,not a smugg traders like outcasts or junkers. i think will be great idea give for outcasts or their allies some big transport for smugg trade,like in story line.

corsairs have good fighter ships
    outcasts and co - have more accent on trader ships

thnks

• Sounds like you're trying to apply Disco RP levels here. We don't have that kind of intricacy. In all honesty, the only NPCs that play any role at all are the Doms, ASF, and CSF. Our RP is player driven, it doesn't matter what the NPCs do or how they interact.

And besides that, I can quote about 4861729 instances where OP has said he's not changing anything that already exists.

• "Sounds like you're trying to apply Disco RP" - i never was on discovery server,but i very like original freelancer game for ways,story and great idea. Becouse there is different ways when playercan choose to be a pirate,police,trader or others..i only want that in game still left the roleplay like the basis and different (specific) game by role...but when poor nation of pirate, build valuable BS and do not have real arena to fight on this ship by their story (asteroids,mines,radiation) - this is break all story and common sense...
    how you want do the roleplay server if there is no basis for role game. 1st factor of roleplay was - reputation of player,in CF - reputation died...
    i realy hope that in 1.9 (still left some time) will be change this error.
    maybe this is unpleasant critics,but i hope that this is will bebalanced with real good idea.
    like as i speak with old players who say that most people go away from server when was provide limit cargo for train. This rule kill all play,like result many players left this mod. but it could be done differently. left for train 5000 cargo and do him with 20 000 armor and give him turels of 6 lvl...and in 1 moment this train need cover from other ship(stimulate roleplay)
    and smugg all move to pirate base where train cant dock,only freighter.

• Do you prefer OP's texture (colored) or my original (black) 17

1. OP's ! (7) 41%
    2. ARROW's ! (6) 35%
    3. That shit is terrible (answer made just for Spiky :P) (4) 24%

@OP : perhaps add a layer of brownish color over the wole texture with a 25% alpha ?

As for the SA_F11 "Interceptor"-class, i admit some reluctance... perhaps we can let people decide which one they prefer.... (SA markings would be removed ofc) :

EDIT : forgot to tell that the Iteron-class Battleship looks good in space :)

• I`d go with Arrows texture, though imo it would look a bit better with some dark red accents (not talking about the logo).

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

Edited once, last by Corynthos ().

• you hardly can see anything of the black texture

black ships in black space makes no sense to me

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• and camo suits in forest makes no sense to you as well, gentlemen ? The ship wasn't meant to be seen or look awesome, it was meant as a military assault ship that enemies run from.

Imagine this ship on EK drifting towards you and powering weaps ?

If you think this could be an unfair advantage game-play wise, we can make it all shiny silver :) (althought the radar and HUD will allwo players to locate it quite quickly...

The colored texture would make an awesome texture for air shows, i project i always wanted to make ! :D

We could also keep both textures like the normal, black and pink eagles...

• Well Arrow you put much work into this fighter - no doubt! But well you could invest another 5 hours or weeks - if its remaining black - what do i have to see then? It could be sooo uber cool. If i dont see what has that of use then?
    Anyone ever thought to make a white - shiny ship. White did become very famous lately for car lack - and i cannot remember a ship yet that was white. Why not creating something like this. Although i admit for a scout ship that white would be useless ;)

signature.png

• And how about something like this, a hippie Dromeday? You could call it Sunshine Moonblossom or The Dude, have it at 300 cargo, and placed in some Outcast base. Because of the drugs and all. :D

swat-portal.com/forum/wcf/attachment/1324/

(Image source: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/33/dromedary.png/ and the bad paintjob is by me).

Though, in retrospect, maybe retexturing a Mule would be more suited for this kind of thing. Or if you follow the tradition of Volkswagen Type 2, maybe the Rheinland Humpback... :D )

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• you hardly can see anything of the black texture

black ships in black space makes no sense to me

As far as i`ve seen, most of the systems in CF are anything but black... ^^

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

• blue saracen - this is nonsense. Red can be...but first need to do him size or his cargohold...little ship has 150 cargo like freighter and hi is fast like lagg//something not real or not balanced. If you remember liberty freighter rhino - his size and saracen...but rhino has 70 cargohold

Yeah, you're right. Blue won't fit it , but red on the other hand, pfff, it'll be a badass ;P. And , no need to resize it and etc. The Saracen is perfect as it is ^

• I thinks will be great idea to do some ships shiny white color...but only few ships,who have no logo of house (not for Coalition,not for Bretonia or other houses)because they already have house color of ship,do this color for bounty hunters ship or for other version of ships who free of logo house - do shiny white version. or for some new or best cap ships.Do they like flagman ship...other gray color and the best ship do white color.

everyone want be different...not only ship,but color too. imagine that you buy the car and you have only pink color for this car...but you want black or white..And in all city this car only pink color...i think people want not so many types of ship,they want more types of color some ship.