What do you think about Wikileaks...?

There are 39 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Mr.Sphinx.

• I am amused too see all the good responses here - proves that is also a sensitive topic all around the globe.
    As i pointed out in my starting post i am can understand both sites. Being honest and truthful with others on one side - but hiding sensitive topics from the majority to ensure states security on the other side.

And indeed its not only about the US - other countries are involved in all these revelations as well. It could spice up the international relations between all involved countries. What i find interesting on the other side is that as prompt Wikeleaks announced to reveal new stuff that could spill some oil into the fervor. Mr. Assange is now even searched by Interpol for abusing two women sexual. How many other sexual offenders have been searched by Interpol?

Wikileaks has quite a good background in the world wite web - thus disallowing or locking the sites name hasn't worked in the past. Thus information will spread also if the site seems to be virtually locked.
    Must be really bad things that are going to reveal if someone like Mr. Assanges is put on worlds top enemy ;) I am sure he is on the same ranks as Mr. Bin Laden.

I am on OPs side here. The people who did the faults in first instance have to be punished - that has nothing to do with diplomatic skills or whatever great jobs. And if they now want to protect their civilisations they should have protected them in former times by making the right decisions at all. Its not easy at all - but sometimes even an excuse can heal wounds. I am just waiting till Mr. Assanges head is presented in the medias - then that proves that now governments haven't learned anything at all.

signature.png

• @OP : nice quoe, never heard it before... :D

orion : your country spied on mine !!! But, hehe, i was spying on you too ^^ Your real name is J-- wait ? what was that noise ? oh no the US government coming to capture me !! aarg**hhg !! help*** leave me i must tell the truth about ORION !!!

Huor : Same rank as bin laden, no he's higher cause Mr. Assange knows where bin laden is hidden and that the US didnt revealed his capture long ago to continue to use him a reason to continue the war.... (was my imitation of AndreasK good ? ^^) Can't agree more with your last paragraph.... how many times ppl continne behaving bad instead of just apologizing and going home ?

:bgotcha:

• hehe, nice discussion - here we can see how propaganda is working in different countries with different sensitivities.

However, if the US Gov. is dumb enough to spread their "secrets" over round about 2500 ppl it can´t be seen as secrets anymore, can it? It may be well deserved - because some of their soldiers maybe to bored.

If you act dirty you have to face the consequences somewhen, some earlier, some later or do you think that other departments of foreign affairs don´t use intelligence services - or profiling? Blaming the press for printing articles should not be part of a cleared up government. But thats in fact the problem from mpov.

Hail Europe we have a long, bloody and imperialistic history - we already know that deep shit will happen from time to time. Good luck USA lick your wounds and remember watergate you know how to find the way out - if you still have some credits left.

btw.:

We are near to a war?

Well, thats kinda incorrect: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_wars (sry when someone feels uncomfortable now cause i quote the wiki here)

Click the image above to visit us.

• how about some more quotes, read and understand:

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them! ~Albert Einstein

Patriotism is the willingness to kill and be killed for trivial reasons. ~Bertrand Russell

Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it. ~George Bernard Shaw

A nation is a society united by a delusion about its ancestry and by common hatred of its neighbours. ~William R. Inge

To him in whom love dwells, the whole world is but one family. ~Buddha

I have no sense of nationalism, only a cosmic consciousness of belonging to the human family. ~Rosika Schwimmer

You'll never have a quiet world till you knock the patriotism out of the human race. ~George Bernard Shaw

I am not an Athenian or a Greek, I am a citizen of the world. ~Socrates

Borders are scratched across the hearts of men
    By strangers with a calm, judicial pen,
    And when the borders bleed we watch with dread
    The lines of ink across the map turn red.
    ~Marya Mannes, Subverse: Rhymes for Our Times, 1959

The most tragic paradox of our time is to be found in the failure of nation-states to recognize the imperatives of internationalism. ~Earl Warren

Patriotism, the virtue of the vicious. ~Oscar Wilde

I have no country to fight for; my country is the earth, and I am a citizen of the world. ~Eugene V. Debs

Can anything be stupider than that a man has the right to kill me because he lives on the other side of a river and his ruler has a quarrel with mine, though I have not quarrelled with him? ~Blaise Pascal, quoted by Tolstoy in Bethink Yourselves

It is not for him to pride himself who loveth his own country, but rather for him who loveth the whole world. The earth is but one country and mankind its citizens. ~Baha'u'llah

To me, it seems a dreadful indignity to have a soul controlled by geography. ~George Santayana

All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them. ~Galileo Galilei

If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything. ~Mark Twain

Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters. ~Albert Einstein

The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth. ~Albert Einstein

The first reaction to truth is hatred ~Tertullian

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. ~Winston Churchill

One man with courage makes a majority. ~Andrew Jackson

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Quote from Isaac Asimov

-If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.

SMG_myric, SMG_RDaneel, SMG_MULTIVAC

Interested in joining SMG? PM me

Those people who think they know everything
    are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

- Isaac Asimov

• The public war that many of you enjoy against my current government is not my complaint. That is your right. My complaint is when state-secrets are made public with the intent of endangering my fellow Americans, in order to subdue our government, then I have a problem. It's the same as taking your children hostage until the parents fork over the ransom.

I took an oath to defend and protect my fellow Americans, regardless of their beliefs, religion, race or financial status. Wiki-leaks declared war on the people of the United States with their actions, not the government. I am more than willing to bring violence to anyone who chooses to do harm to my neighbor(s). I would have thought, given the history of our world over the past 85 years, that someone would have awaken from their deep sleep and learned something. Take the fight to the government, not the people.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• Do you realy think their is something done or possible without a future background as an excuse for doing something we may not know yet as it was a hundret times before and will be a hundret times after?

Todays Governments are floating one meter over the ground, everywhere in the world, no matter whether they are elected or not, they do not even hear nor know the voice or being of the countries ppl they are ruling. Wake up - nobody can attack anybody by showing some documents but those who was writing them. If you wanna go to war, there is your target - think about it and don´t cry havoc if it isn´t worth it.

Click the image above to visit us.

• Daywalker, you know exactly where I am coming from and what I am referring too. Mr.Assange had one purpose and that was to continue the anger against the United States. And what to people around the world do? They take their anger out on the people of the US, not the government. I have a problem with that.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• Your government is untouchable by others. Its simple as that. Your government is sending people to deliver their policy - they have to face the echo to return this again to your government. Not saying that its right that others are punished. But for me a logical order.

I am very wondering about the fact why Interpol is now interfering in all this.... There is more in the background happening (my guess).
    Didn't America already had its chances to get Mr. Assange arrested? If he really was a treat why he didn't got... He has hacked governmental authorities ;)

signature.png

• Mr.Assange also disclosed information on the UK, China and Russia. The guy is a moron unless he wants to die rather quickly and this explains his actions. Interpol is after him for charges of rape and failure to appear in court. I don't know if Assange has family or not, but considering the way the Chinese and Russians conduct manhunts, I would suggest that Interpol may be trying to protect his family as well.

• Mr. Assange has proven one thing: that the world is actually controlled by secret "shadow" governments and not the one's that we vote for. Perhaps by bringing the cloak and dagger into the light, we can get rid of those who would continue to treat us like sheep and/or cannon fodder. Does keeping secrets do anyone any good? The FBI, CIA, Interpol all had secret files on 19 religious fanatics. Imagine if they had banded together back in the summer of 2001 and shared these files instead of keeping them secret? Imagine if they had released photos of these 19 guys, who were all on everyone's "watch" list, to the public or even the regualr law enforcement [just like they do now with known terrorists]. But they were all kept secret, allowing these 19 guys to hijack several planes and cause tremendous tragedy. Would 9/11 have happened if someone had leaked 19 names and plastered them all over the internet? Do you think those 19 guys would have continued with their plan of terror if they knew they were on watch lists? We needed Mr. Assange and WikiLeaks 10 years ago.

• Would 9/11 have happened if someone had leaked 19 names and plastered them all over the internet? Do you think those 19 guys would have continued with their plan of terror if they knew they were on watch lists? We needed Mr. Assange and WikiLeaks 10 years ago.

While I agree about the shadow governments and the idea that our governments deserve to have better public oversight, it is hard to know what might or might not happen with intelligence information. If those names and pictures had been published, would the source(s) of the information have been compromised? How many good assets might have been killed, and how much less intelligence information would we have in the future?

And, of course, 19 is a small number. Expose 19, and 190 will step up to take their place.

So I do not see it as a black-or-white issue. Some of the people who provided information to wikileaks may have committed treason. That's pretty bad. But Assange himself? What he does is both good and bad at the same time. Hence the controversy. :)

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

• Hey... here`s an idea:

Let`s just all take a big pill of

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

• gunny
    nobody is attacking your friends, family or whatever.... attacked was just a governmental system that tried to fuck the world
    your country and also other countries were attacked but not the powerless people living in it

my country is probably not even better
    secrets are like a balloon .... they grow bigger and bigger until it bursts.... that is a matter that can not be avoided by anyone
    get rid of all the secrets and replace them with trust and you will also get rid of much anger and fear

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• All countries spy and lie, this is the "diplomatic" hypocrite game...
    So there is nothing really surprising about digging out "durty" notes.

What I find interesting is what a country can call a secret "national security" document though:
    Something to protect citizens, army, spys, etc... or rather to protect just a few top "heads"?

Taking for granted official sources is being "blind" and other sources are needed if truth
    is wanted.

Sometimes official explanations do not make sense (or they really take us for idiots),
    and that's when citizens start asking questions, involving dangerous answers.

When it is unclear, you just need to find other ways (sadly classic medias cannot be trusted either nowadays)

- Rear-Admiral Elodie Vox -

-- -- Visit Us!

• Here are some nice videos.

The first one for my german comrades:
    [video]

[/video]

and finally a member of wikileaks talking about wiikileaks (a german speaking in english - listen because its interesting also if it lasts a few minutes)
    the first few sentences are an introduction for the narrator - so dont worry only this is in german
    [video]

[/video]

signature.png

• sehr schön :)