Piracy and Tax

There are 16 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Galactus.

• My brother Gig and I were farming Nomads in Freeport 7 when were unlucky enough to encounter several fallen members back to back. I've read the rules and guess im unclear on the tax and such.. We were fighting nomads when a fallen member jumped into system and demanded the 500k tax from us beings we fell in the range between 40-49. about 10 sec after declaring he wanted tax's from all of us he killed us. Now while in a dogfight with nomads is that ample time for a resopnse from one of us b4 getting killed? And when that happens can they kill us over and over until we pay the tax? Seems like harrassment.. Several members from Fallen did that then commited suicide to get to another location quickly.. that im pretty sure is against the rules as well.

• Just in case you didn´t read the rules you are referring to:

Well, there is a possibility to avoid taxes...

...don´t meet pirates - also if you are a pirate as well, call the police, hire merceneries to protect you. Or simply pay the tax and smile (after it, become better equiped - to pay it back sometimes). :)

Huor, lol

Click the image above to visit us.

• looks like they did their job

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Wasn't there a 'newb' protection for people under a week online ? So actually, if somebody gifts a new player in his first hour 5 milsl and gets lvl 41, his Starflier can get kicked.

Well... you can't neither run from pirates without logging off.... but well, seems it's not to be punished.

So jsut try avoid pirates, make more chars, and keep having fun ^^ And yes, ext time be better equipped so you can fight back... to survive until the police you called arrives ^^

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• I've never heard or read about the 7-day protection from newbees :)

besides that. I doubt that fallen would take totally new members, so I assume those "victims" online time has already been more than 7 days (if Im not totally mistaken)

Unfortunately I wasnt online when it happend, to take care of that "suicide-part" just to respawn at a good position, to be able to be back in place quite fast.

but I have a quite good I idea who it could have been. so maybe I will have a closer look on those pirates behaviour (in order to have the RP running fine)

on the other hand. I could also just jump in and support the piracy, since its part of my being, and barely any cops are around to do their jobs properly ;)

• Nope I've only been playing i believe 4 days now and not worried about the 7 day protection lol.. It was a crash course and i understand the rules concerning it much better ;-)

• Nope I've only been playing i believe 4 days now and not worried about the 7 day protection lol.. It was a crash course and i understand the rules concerning it much better ;-)

nice statement.. take it as a man. not crying about something happend to you ;)

in order of the suicide behavior, to be back in a good position faster.. well. I'm not a fallen member, but I still appologize for those mate's behaviour. They should have known better.

maybe next time I will tax you, but waiting till you cross my way, so I dont have to run all the way for 500k credits ;)

see you in space

• Better way to avoid tax - stay or trade in popular systems where you could meet police patrol ships or give a shout to any available cop - and maybe he will give you a hand. Killing pirates - our job after all :)

CF chars - Maxbur and derivatives
    Roleplay on server: Merc/Smuggler
    You can hire me for all sort of job: dirty and not so - but I`ll make it clean. It will cost you :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    Einstein

• If you see me online and you need help, you can call me. I'll get rid you of the pirates.

• Currently i am asking myself if it would be a good idea to have a server announcment every hour which will tell the RP of the clans, so every new player will know whom to ask for help.

• that must be changed by OP then, but how about if any clan decides to switch their RP? would need to changed then again, unless they want to remain displayed with the wrong RP.

• Fallen haven't done something wrong. Period. Don't expect pirates to be nice!
    Issue was already solved - dunno why we need to discuss about it any further.

And if a member asks for tax you can be at least 90% sure that it is not a copper who asked you. And clan mates must have a license mounted to see their rp - thats all. Such discussions here are leading to the situation that rp reduces instead the opposite.

signature.png

• One last thing...revenge. Put a bounty on them. IOC or PX or freelance merc will get some payback for you! :D This is how it all works. I have also been killed by pirates while in the middle of battles with NPC and even while trying to travel to events. They are pirates, after all and there is no honour among thieves!

• Such discussions here are leading to the situation that rp reduces instead the opposite.

Where is the discussion you are referring to? ^^

Yep Abras was a short shot from me - the changings with every new clan and so on can become problematical with time, anyway somehow we should try to publish it more (no idea how yet, without having periodical work from it).