Lag reduction kit

There are 12 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• Crossfire 1.82 just has been released and eventhough it is much bigger than CF1.7 its performance is much better. Reason for that is pretty simple, the mod is absolutely free of errors and 100% clean.
    The Lag reduction kits known from CF1.7 have not even be applied yet.

One of the biggest problems with those kits is that the new mod is MUCH bigger so the creation of them takes ages. The good thing is that the effects on the mod would be much bigger due to its current size. So the efforts to create those LRKs is definitely worth it.

It will take at least 1-2 months before the work on it can be finally finished. The good news is that the work on CF1.8 and especially CF1.82 has given me a much better insight how FL is working and how its server performance can be improved.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Yes i need help with this, but first i have to finish some other work.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• is it a good thing for pvp? will missiles finally track?

i've been feeling a lot graphical (i think) lag during pvp even tho my pc is 100x better than my old one and runs other games very smoothly

the lags were kind of like when a group of NPC pops up near you in X-3043, but was experiencing it in pvp every time even in Arena

• It is a good thing for PvP...

and missiles DO track ^^

it's jsut sometiems, rarely, when there's a bit of lag or leak of data which makes the missiles don't track, and that's rare.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• is it a good thing for pvp? will missiles finally track?

i've been feeling a lot graphical (i think) lag during pvp even tho my pc is 100x better than my old one and runs other games very smoothly

the lags were kind of like when a group of NPC pops up near you in X-3043, but was experiencing it in pvp every time even in Arena

Diablo, I think you're mixing up CPU/GPU lag (on the client side) and packet loss/connection lag. (via your internet provider)

Even with a fast computer you can still experience packet loss/connection lag, as I've found out when I upgraded my current machine some time ago, which runs Freelancer almost with little to no frameskip at a nice widescreen rez.

Basically, a fast machine helps, but a fat pipe(high bandwidth connection) or being geographically "next to the server" so to speak helps the most in dealing with lag. For most of us, the last two points are usually not an option we can fix. So a fast machine is the usual solution. This is also a BIG reason I'm not real crazy about PvP on the server here, as anyone in Europe already has a distinct "ping" advantage against players from the Americas, which can be a major factor in who wins and who DIES.

I am considering getting a KIller NIC card eventually though, as it's supposed to help things along on that end as it has it's own processor in dealing with network traffic so as to take that load off the CPU.

• I am saying I had perfect missile tracking in 1.7 with 2x lower missile speed, and now in 1.8x I have almost no tracking almost all the time and PvP is very lagy in general

I have the same internet setup I've had 3 years ago

I have 5x better computer than I had before

You do the 2+2

Do you have suggestions, ideas or something to offer that helps us with the development of Crossfire 1.9? If so then this is the right place for you. This area of the forum is exclusively dedicated to the Crossfire 1.9 development. Spam is not being tolerated in here.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• everything will delay a bit
    ive no time to take a look at it and will be busy with real life stuff the entire week

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I am hell of busy in RL - i have a lot of customer project and i need to travel around in the next 1 and two month - even to China once ;)
    Hence i am not in mood - mostly exhausted from work - therefore less time to work on anything coding related. When i have time in the evening i want to relax. If i have time to put my nose into coding again that is my decision. I will not have additional stress to finish anything here.

Just wanted to let you know :=) So dont be mad with me.

signature.png