Last patch caused a servercrashes

There are 30 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Daywalker.

• No, it was the Server in crashinig, as I saw how it dissapeared from the servers list.

But now it's not crashing anymore.... and the same guys and even 7 more were online... huh ?? (my 3rd huh today :O and also the 3rd huh in this year lol )

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• I clearly said the Server on the server list inside FL, not the clients on the toolbar.
    The server wasn't at 0 players, it wasn't at all.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Ok then op the only other thing im able to think of for a weird theory is that i have noticed on certain other mods Not mentioning any btw, but on those mods they specifacally request that you do not allow your character to have any more than 50 guns some have figured out how to raise this # But i know of one server in particular that states if you have more than 50 guns it can corrupt your character and they ban you if your caught carrying more than that amount......This is a huge problem for alot of modders not saying you havnt thought of it just maybe if you havnt thats one to consider.if you like i can tell you more if you P.M. me:) again not a modder myself just a monkey that thinks alot Lol.... And people do tend to overkill it with the gun collecting before they sell em if you ask me. Not sure but possible some corruption already from holding to many guns at one time.

• Ok then op the only other thing im able to think of for a weird theory is that i have noticed on certain other mods Not mentioning any btw, but on those mods they specifacally request that you do not allow your character to have any more than 50 guns some have figured out how to raise this # But i know of one server in particular that states if you have more than 50 guns it can corrupt your character and they ban you if your caught carrying more than that amount......This is a huge problem for alot of modders not saying you havnt thought of it just maybe if you havnt thats one to consider.if you like i can tell you more if you P.M. me:) again not a modder myself just a monkey that thinks alot Lol.... And people do tend to overkill it with the gun collecting before they sell em if you ask me. Not sure but possible some corruption already from holding to many guns at one time.

i agree with galactus... in one mod that i played ALOT in the past.. the modder was able to up the amount of guns you could carry up to 99 guns but if you go over that limit, it wpould corrupt your character and cause a server crash and the server would keep crashing until the character was deleted

May the shwartz be with you!
    :D

• limiting the number of items is done with a tool
    such an item removal was done 1 week ago and it does not explain why suddenly everything is working again

corrupted chars dont crash servers, they simply dont get loaded
    in worst case the entire account is not getting loaded

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• well i know in one particular mod... if the character is corrupted in a minor way, the player can still log in but causes constant server crashes... but if you say thats not the case, then thats not the case!!! hopefully you can figure out what's goin on and why the server seems to be mis-behaving like a little child LOL

May the shwartz be with you!
    :D

• OP would know it if any kind of attacks are on the server.

Good point Huor, might be possible, never thought about this - but as you said a crash would be in the log.

Click the image above to visit us.