Last patch caused a servercrashes

There are 30 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Daywalker.

• Last updates on server caused a servercrashes - I experienced 5 in 10 minutes or so.
    Is this mean, that error was (is) in this update and problem could be solved soon?

CF chars - Maxbur and derivatives
    Roleplay on server: Merc/Smuggler
    You can hire me for all sort of job: dirty and not so - but I`ll make it clean. It will cost you :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    Einstein

• wtf. the patch is not even able to cause a crash

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• NPC related then ?

It only loads NPCs, when a player gets out of a station.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• there is nothing i can do
    ive checked the file that ive changed
    everything is 100% correct
    i also was able to launch and dock +10 times without any probs, switches various systems without probs at all
    so i can clearly exclude that the changes ive done are reason for the crashes

its more likely that somebody is crashing it because the update was not downloaded

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• The crashes are too often, and it crashes even with 1 guy in it (viewing the toolbar, once it crashed only with twinkle or such)...

I tryed to come online now(for the first time in while this issue was reported) and the server crashed right when it was loading my char, to be exact 1-3 seconds after it was loaded, and before I got the screen on my PC , later the server was back with 0, as restarted, but I couldn't get in, made me wait a bit and said disconnected, at second try it worked, I took out my char (teh same) from Tarsus to X3043, few seconds after flying arround X3043 with UR sonofangmar and Fallen Zebra, it crashed....

it's too weird.

Now it seemed stable, for 4 minutes.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• like i said , i cant do anything about it

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• It crashed again, about 5 seconds after I killed a NPC in X system, then I was attacking a CSF cap ship and dissapeared.

In the before crash, the UR was in Weth, which also means NPCs and some drops...

I made sure that me and the other guy online did restarted FL after the last server crash...

Are you sure every drop chance is in the normal limits ? Or NPCs fuses after they get killed, or so... Anyways, you could try eliminate the last add, going back to the last patch version there was... whatever it was think people prefers it older than until 5 mins gameplay.

• i am 100% sure

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• ill completly remove this feature from the server this afternoon and replace it by a different method
    it will be much more complicated but the mod will never be released if i keep going on with such balance tests

Well, the server began to crash exactly when you said... this afternoon. Is this method the reason of it?

And if it's still cannot work(dropping guns from the aliens) , it would be best to place them in wrecks as you said before.

• It crashed again, and I just had time to log on my same first char, then change ID to a second char to go on NPCs... it crashed before I arrived at any, and there was a PX and a Fallen who did restarted.

Any opinions ?
    except 1 I don't want to think about.... on dos.

Edit: at Crysis's post, yes, I don't think only a coincidence all this started after the last patch.... (the thread title).

• Could it be something that's triggered when entering tradelanE?

I just diod that in texas and it crashed.

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• i repeat it a final time
    the changes ive done are not reason for it
    all i did was to let the guns drop just like escape pods do... and that is working for years meanwhile

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• It seems stable now, at least for 10 minutes....

where I entered Outer Dyson and killed a round of 40 nomads, then in X system...

did you remade the patch back ? or there was somebody who was provoking it volunteerly from otuside...

• i have not changed anything since i introduced the patch

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• more weird theories?

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,