Crossfire 1.82 Ads

There are 35 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• As the release is near you guys should consider to type some ads for it.

Facebook News
    Moddb News
    Newsletter
    Announcements on other FL or Scifi communities

Im sure that you can write something nice... and present it well.
    If you have questions about the changes and content you can ask me this weekend.

This should get done by next thursday.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• already been advertising Crossfire 1.82 on Facebook, my msn (loads of gamers on there) and to people i know in person!

May the shwartz be with you!
    :D

• Topic that can be used for Ads are:

- new starspeheres
    - new ships (as far there are any - if not the already new included to CF1.8 can be taken as there were no ads anyway)
    - nebulas
    - new effects, guns, fuses, trade lane, jump - whatever
    - equipment (new stuff)
    - trading
    - of course the story quests
    - the role play
    - asf/csf
    - introduction of clans
    - maybe a newby report (impressions...)

So we could produce content for some weeks if we choose wisely :)
    A bit layouted and a text of some good writers and we are close to perfect. I think its feasible with all of a little help of you folks that used to play some hours each day on the server

signature.png

• I'll try to patch something together up to help, banners and stuff. OP, Huor and Crysis - can I use your screenshots to make some banners and stuff? I play on very low res on a wooden computer, so I can't really make screenies.

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• Go ahead. Tell me which screenies exactly so I can send them to you in a full resolution.(By the way , not all of them are anymore on my PC, .. so, only most of them).

• Ok, I'll make some drafts of something (I'm thinking PDF with video, images and text, and some banners, flyer-type images and such.) I'll post that in here as I work on it.

• use what you need

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• We need to have some eyecandy pics, I think i could extract some ships pictures like i already did and posted them on the gallery - but there they look so platic ;( Has anyone an idea to get the ships that are looking a way better?

And OP it would be nice if you can post kinda changelog or an excel sheet - dunno in what form you have this. I could rework it this week and categorize it...
    It would be nice to get eventually some detailed changes, bugfixes, new addons to the game, performance improvements. I mean you spend a lot of time in eleminating bugs - this could be used as well as advertisement.

signature.png

• ;( Has anyone an idea to get the ships that are looking a way better?

Well, there are several reasons for this. First, it depends from which angle you make a shot of your ship, so it can look a bit better.( In some areas , behind suns, in nebulas etc.) the ship can look differently than normaly. The color of the ship(for example silver color) can look great in a light areas -> Alaska etc.

Also using some Photoshop might also work great on the ships as well.

• Well.. in this case, Photoshop too ;D... , selecting the ship and,..well, photoshoping.^

• Yeah, all of you with a talent for video and photoshop, CF 1.82 needs you.

SMG_myric, SMG_RDaneel, SMG_MULTIVAC

Interested in joining SMG? PM me

Those people who think they know everything
    are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

- Isaac Asimov

• well yes... it should be done until... TODAY

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• quick Q - does UTF editor support preview of planets with high res textures? like, on a black background zooming in on a large planet would be cool...

or if not, does any program support that?

• dunno - never did that

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• quick Q - does UTF editor support preview of planets with high res textures? like, on a black background zooming in on a large planet would be cool... or if not, does any program support that?

You mean like a classic Star Wars intro ? Black space, pan on planet, ships passes in view ?

• I was working with IOC Bugma in making a CF movie, he got all teh tools and some modded files for a perfect video... but lately he dissapeared.

Will announce on the right topic thread if there are news about it.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• just in case somebody is interested. Ads mandatorily dont ONLY exist of graphics. So to have some text would be nice too.
    Therefore and i thought i requested it already twice - a changelog would be nice. At least an overview <-- Is that possible OP - somehow we need to know to what we have to advertise. And facts are always better than assumptions ;D

signature.png