Events, event managers and suggestions

There are 203 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Shockwave.

• I thought we should do an overview of events, funds and people in charge.

My char is Event_Manager_Shockwave, it now has about 510 million credits (if the SA's can, I'd be grateful for a return on that loan ages ago, it was about 200 million I think), and as soon as I'm able, I'll add some funds from my train.
    Events I handle are Smuggler Hunt, Nomad and Ancient Hunt, which will restart this week. If anyone wants to take over a certain event, just PM and it's no prob.

Also, if anyone has a suggestion for an event, you're also welcome to put your two cent in.

I have an idea for a Galactic Race, with obligatory gun gathering, a difficult, long and pro event.

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• Smuggler Hunt back...

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Click the image above to visit us.

• loan ???? you said it was a gift ! :bhuhwhere: anyway i can repay you with my EM char money ^^

I'm EventManager_ARROW and i host the Galactic Racing Championship !

I left out this event during the summer but i intend to bring it back and this time with more racers ! I will remain on variable schedules ranging from Friday night to Sunday afternoon. Famiiy life keeps me from sticking to a precise time and day long in advance.

As for the money, well i'm still good (700M) and wont need more before quite a while....

The racing will return shortly !

Enjoy !

EDIT: i read your suggestion on the Crossfire 1.82 thread and i support you 100% about giving the power to EMs to "mass chat" the players !

• Well, that "mass chat" you say is the simple use of 'console', it was before 1.8 and some problems :/
    Just be sure everyone who can use it only use it for the reasons they have it...

Well, I as you may know, my chars are Event~Manager~Michael which manage the Team Deatch Match event, and StarflierTDM~EM~Michael which manages the Starflier Team Deatch Match event with all details posted here...
    Both, each of both chars have over 1.1 Bills, they had more before but was used for some small events... counting participation. With $ reserved only for event purposes.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Suggestion: Pls if it possible: Try ensure that in case when isn't possible event held -> write at least info here at portal why was this not possible (RL can always do some surprises). In last times were more announced events which have not been started (EM not logged) and no info why (at least short apologies). And best is duplication EM for any event (or at least second player who can give info that event will be not).

• Other EMs can replace a missing EM under agreement... or just taking it's responsibility that time :D

Like, if I'm online at the moment when anohter event should be (counting there are events each day... well it happens a lot :D ), and if there are some participants, or at least many enough ppl online I can manage that event in that moment.
    Still, never what I seen few times even lately, like: TDM event is Monday, and I come Friday, post on forum and be in-game to make a not scheduled TDM event, well, counting as I'm not manager of TDM... and neither makes a conflict with somebody else's Event.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Galactic Race Event suggestion/draft

Players with equipped and prepared fighters would meet at New York and do a galactic round trip with checkpoints at Weth and Sovetskaya, ultimately ending back at New York, when a player docks to Manhattan with some energy crystals in their cargo hold.

The catch, of course, would be the fricking' lenth of the event itself, and the Annoyers. An Annoyer would be a player in one of Inner Core systems, one of Altair system, and one in Sirius, whose job would be to shoot and kill any racer he can (because his job is to annoy).

Possible trick would be allowing racers to PvP against eachother, but ONLY in selected systems, like Trawtai and Hieron.

Rewards would be 5M for participation, +10M per checkpoint, +10M for finishing the route, +15M for every Annoyer killed.
    Annoyers get 5M for participation and +10M for each kill.

I welcome USEFUL & CONSTRUCTIVE suggestions and remarks. Trolls - STFU. :bohsw:

• Good idea that the racers Could PvP between them ONLY in 2 or so systems... else they'd die before arriving to the 'annoyers'.

Depending on how many annoyers there are... I'd be one of them :P

• your talking about a race that will last more than 2 hours ? Well if you're up for it go a head by my schedule cannot allow me to host that kind of event...

However, my next race is an Altair Endurance (8-10 systems) it could be a nice place to test your annoyer concept which i like quite a lot and will certainly spice things up in coming races !

• Hosting is not the problem, time is. Say, 10 racers, 3 annoyers, and a good 2 hours.
    So rewards should be set accordingly, those inspire participation.
    And of course, early warning, ie. notification.

Edited once, last by Shockwave ().

• your talking about a race that will last more than 2 hours ? Well if you're up for it go a head by my schedule cannot allow me to host that kind of event...

However, my next race is an Altair Endurance (8-10 systems) it could be a nice place to test your annoyer concept which i like quite a lot and will certainly spice things up in coming races !

If you need a good annoyer call me :D

But I don't assure somebody will get to the next system... hehe

• You're good, but not that good. What I do need from you is about 300-500 million from one of your EMs. :bohsw:

Now, annoyers' primary purpose would be to slow down the racers. If racers team up, they should have little to no problem passing through any obstacle, NPC or player alike. Team tactics would play an important part in this.

• We'll see :P

bad you did smuggler hunt instead of big race, but maybe participants chosen it heh

• the bad thing about it all is.

People on the server get the information about the upcoming events via game (since there is always a line displayed which tells what event is on which day)
    unfortunately the information about the upcomming events are not similar with the 'game reality' since those events which are supposed to be hosted, are NOT hosted at this time.
    so people might be online, seeing there is an event comming and being all excited
    then figuring, this announced event is NOT starting (whyever) and getting kinda disappointed (cause a lot of people are NOT able to take a look in the forum (which adress is also being displayed ingame) whyever

if any Eventmanager are going to host any kind of events, they might have to post it in the forum EARLY enough for other people to prepare to participate on that one.
    there are times where barely anyone is online (which wouldnt make any sence to host any kind of event during this time, since there would no one participate)
    and then are times where the server is filled with more than just a hand full of people (would be better to have more participants)

why not just observing the server usage to find out what time/day more people are online, so the schedule for any events can be planned in a more successful way?
    I think even the Event Manager might lose there interest in hosting any events, if there is NO ONE participating

the last time when I toke part on an Event (I guess it was smuggler hunt) was when Lucy was still online and active (which is quite a while ago, for those who remember her)
    and since then?? not a single event even managable to join by me, first cause of my real life (where I have to work)
    and when I had time and an event was supposed to come up (according to the information ingame) NO EVENT was starting including NO INFORMATION why it wasnt starting and so on.
    get my point??

just my 2 cents.

• At least if somebody makes an event on another day than scheduled (which actually isn't much allowed as teh schedule and server stuff was made for something, but well) announce it several days before, not in the same day ^^ So at least people from the forum have time to see it , tell it on the server or get prepared to know that in 2 days we have the Galactic Race one :D Arrow did well, 3 days are quite enough...

• I dont get the fuss about holding an event - that was not held on its scheduled date. The amount of events is lacking - we all know this. Mostly events cannot be held because there are too less participants or too less event managers online. I was online this week - every evening. There were two days were nearly 30 players were online as well. And i thought it would be good to have an event. Bad thing firstly was all players were spread all of the universes - too far away to meet at Arena or X. So participants were there - but no event manager.

In relation to the Smuggler Hunt i am quite happy that it took part - despite if it was scheduled for this day or not. Because that brought some MMO activity to the game and i had fun and others as well.
    So first it needs to be sorted out who's event manager, when they can play what event they will guide - then you have to sort out how many players would be online at the event times and then maybe then you can complain if events are not held for when they were scheduled.

signature.png

• Information on events pops up often, however at times an EM can't host an event due to RL obligations. If EMs notified this via universe shout, say, a day earlier, and an hour earlier, it'd be cool.
    OP said he'd think about giving universe chat ability to EMs, so let's leave it at that.

As for number of users on the server, I'm not aware of any statistics per days, so we could plan when is the best time to hold an event. If ANYONE has this, please share.

As for EMs, I think we should consider getting help. I think there're only Michael, Arrow and me as EMs now - more EMs give more options to host events.

• There are 2 more Fallen EMs... for assault event, but 2 miners won't be enough as it isn't assured that both will be online or even by calling eachother, that both will be available to come online.
    and well, I have 2 EM chars.

And abut the best hours with more players online.... after 8 GMT players start coming.

• Yes, thx ( I haven't seen it in a while).

So the 8 Servertime or 9... is correct.