Problems getting CF 1.81 to work

There are 36 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Baree.

• >.< i donwloaded the FL ID Changer from the downloads section as you specified http://www.swat-portal.com/php…DownloadDBData&dataID=472 but when i try to execute it, i get an error message saying the file is corrupt :'( i desperately need this file, if you have it on your computer and would be able to email it to me, i would highly appreciate this michael, my email should be on my profile. if you can help me this way your assistance will be greatly rewarded. please help me any way you can.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.
    [1655] [731]

• It happens again....

I insisted in finding the one Uploaded by MICHAEL, which is Me, not the DS9 clan which is fake and old...

Which is This:
    http://www.swat-portal.com/php…=DownloadDBData&dataID=14

and has the manual in the description, as told. :)

@OP Can you delete that fake FL ID Changer file ? people get confused with it, and also as it's on Server Files section, instead of Tools.... as it's not an update for teh server but something the clients use :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Michael, thank you so very much for the link, i must not have read the uploader name when i downloaded the other FL ID Changer, but now i have yours, and i am on my way to updatin my CF to 1.82. when i see you around in space your help will be greatly rewarded

(\__/)
    [1655] [731]

• Error: SHCopyFile failed ('C:\Program Files (x86)\Freelancer Mod Manager\mods\Crossfire1.82\EXE\MSINET.OCX' to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE\MSINET.OCX') i keep getting this error when i try to activate the mod on FLMM 1.31, i tried it with my A/V off, but it made no difference, could it possibly be because im using a virtual copy of Freelancer? (just a thought) :/

(\__/)
    [1655] [731]

• No, your virtual copy of the Freelancer has nothing to do with this problem(as I am also using it).

Download the file MSINET.OCX from the internet and your problem should get fixed. As this file is missing and it can't activate your mod without it.

• thank you I1ian, i highly appreciate the amount of help i have received. if it wasnt for the CF community i think i would've given up long ago

(\__/)
    [1655] [731]

• Hehe, you welcome. If you experience more issues or if you have any questions , don't hesitate to ask. We are here to help.

• Well, I am still struggling with getting 1.82 installed. I determined that my AV was definitely the trouble before (so there is still something that triggers at least my AV in 1.82). So solved that, but now I get the MSINET.OCX error. When I follow the instructions, as I try to activite it in cmd I get the following error:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c275/Ugnah/Image1.jpg

EDIT: Whoops, forgot its in Dutch. Basically it says "The module "MSINET.OCX" might not be compatible with this version of windows. Check if the module is compatible with a x86(32-bits) or x64 (64-bits) version of regsvr32.exe."

• Your MSINET.OCX is not compatible with your Windows version. Download a MSINET.OCX file for your Windows version and then it should work.

• Ah, that worked. However, the mod still won't activate (same message). Do I need to do this before I install Freelancer and/or Mod Manager and/or Crossfire? I mean, the problem is not it can't find the file, the problem is it can't copy the file from the crossfire installer to the mod manager destination, so it stops the activation progress. Do I perhaps somehow have to instruct Mod Manager to ignore that and continue activating anyway? And if so, how would I do that?

• Activating the MOD in FLMM. It abrupts the activation process and gives this error in the log:

SHCopyFile failed ('C:\Program Files (x86)\Freelancer Mod Manager\mods\Crossfire1.82\MSINET.OCX' to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\MSINET.OCX

• You mean the one that lets you change Freelancers compatibility mode?

EDIT: Actually, if you are referring to that, it is not going to help since I won't get past the "activate crossfire" step.

• Hm, ok lets start from scratch (just to complete the lest some points are not necessary eventually):

• You download the mod from either this page or the moddb page
    • Install Freelancer Mod Manager - if not already done
    • Execute the downloaded installer -> this will install the crossfire mod in your FLMM mod directory
    • After completion - (Re)start your FLMM and you should recognize a new entry there stating: "Crossfire Mod 1.82 Client Edition"
    • Before you activate the mod make sure about the following

1. You have full right access to the Freelancer folder
      2. eventually remove the read-only / write protection from all files
      3. run the activation process as administrator if necessary

• If all the criteria are meat you can hit the "Activate Mod" button
    • let the process finish although it might occur if the program hangs and does not react on any of your inputs (might happen - its a "bug" in the tool - don't worry to much its still working)
    • if everything went well the mod should be activated
    • Start the game by the launcher and wait until it patches itself (not necessary for single player only]
    • enjoy the mod

If its still not working then i am sure its either you are missing proper access rights or files are write protected (read-only). Basically that the most common problems.
    Good luck - unfortunate with every missing installation you need to start from scratch with a new FL installation. If you are not doing so you never will get it activated.

signature.png

• Hmm. Well, I could try those three things mentioned before activating the mod. Since I am not getting any "you need to be administrator to perform this action" messages though, it doesn't seem logical. Regardless, I am definitely not going too the trouble of backing everything up and reinstalling my OS for this. Would cost me way to much time to simply play a game. But I really appreciate all the help :)

I really don't feel like bumping te topic for this, so an edit will have to do. I got it working, so thanks again for all the help. I think I know what the problem was, a really stupid oversight on my part. I didn't restart my PC after installing Freelancer, I went straight to installing the mod *rolls eyes*.

Edited once, last by Baree ().