Posts by Trezzahn

Error: SHCopyFile failed ('C:\Program Files (x86)\Freelancer Mod Manager\mods\Crossfire1.82\EXE\MSINET.OCX' to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE\MSINET.OCX') i keep getting this error when i try to activate the mod on FLMM 1.31, i tried it with my A/V off, but it made no difference, could it possibly be because im using a virtual copy of Freelancer? (just a thought) :/

Michael, thank you so very much for the link, i must not have read the uploader name when i downloaded the other FL ID Changer, but now i have yours, and i am on my way to updatin my CF to 1.82. when i see you around in space your help will be greatly rewarded

>.< i donwloaded the FL ID Changer from the downloads section as you specified http://www.swat-portal.com/php…DownloadDBData&dataID=472 but when i try to execute it, i get an error message saying the file is corrupt :'( i desperately need this file, if you have it on your computer and would be able to email it to me, i would highly appreciate this michael, my email should be on my profile. if you can help me this way your assistance will be greatly rewarded. please help me any way you can.

before i upgrade my Cf to 1.82 is there a way to find my MP ID, because my copy of freelancer is virtual and running via PowerISO so i dont have a program folder in my start menu :/ i'm scared makin a clean fl installation in case i love my MP ID code, cause i dont fancy havin to start again.

if anybody knows any way of finding the MP ID i would love to know.

thread replies/pm's are highly appreciated

after multiple weeks on missing out on CF i decided to have a little fly around and cause chaos for some npcs, but instead my pc decided to epically fail and say my CF Launcher wont work -.- could anybody help me with this problem? p.s. im using vista (dont know if this info will help) anyway, i've tried running the launcher as admin but it still failed, i also disabled my anti virus, but no it failed again -.- if anybody can help me i'd be extremely greatful, and i'll pay u 1 million creds for your services (i know it's not much, but im short on creds XD) please help, i miss playin CF.

nah, the OpenSP of CF 1.7 allowed u to escape the first mission, plus all the jump gates we're open too

but i'm new to 1.81 as well, so im not sure if OP changed how the OpenSP works, im assuming he didnt change it, but like i said thats how it was when i played it.

happy hunting

all i can suggest to u is that u uninstall CF, Freelancer and the mod manager, reinstall everything using the CF Guide (and my instructions as above) then reselect the OpenSP single player mode.

if it doesnt work then i cant suggest any other ideas.

if after trying my suggestion it doesnt work jump onto the server and ask people on there for help.

hope it all works

yea after like 10+ attempts -.- and plenty of annoyance from my pc, but i found the guide and even that failed to help me properly so i changed how to get CF working and it worked, hence the thread post :) so when i get a chance i'll be joinin u online an causing the NPC's chaos >:D muahahahahahahaha

If like me, you had/have problems getting Cf 1.81 to activate without problems then i suggest you refer to the http://www.swat-portal.com/portal/download/CFguide.swf this will help you activate CF 1.81, but with one slight problem.

This problem is that 2 of the instructions are the wrong way round.

These instructions are; Install CF to FLMM then Install Freelancer, the instructions on the other hand SHOULD sayinstall freelancer first then install CF, if u dont follow the instructions posted in this thread then you will have problems getting it to work, also you'll (like me) get highly stressed and possibly throw your PC through the window (also like me).

Upon following my thread the amended instructions above will help you get on to the CF 1.81 server, allowing you to kick NPC ass, and possibly the ass of other players, on the basis of your skill being good enough

Hope this helps for people having problems

See you in space, and fly safe

BladeRunner (current forum name is [ATEC]_Trojan, server/forum name to be updated)

Is Freelancer and Crossfire in any way compatible with Vista because me and a couple of my friends are going to start going on it again and we all have Vista PC's, although i do have an XP Laptop as well, but i haven't been able to find anyone else who plays Crossfire on Vista.

Please let me know as soon as possible

well i was thinking that if i can get a copy of the review onto my home system then i could publish it into this thread, and see what everyone thinks of the review i will have created, with the help of other people in the swat community