Showing version 1.0 not 1.81

There are 15 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• Hi all, I have just done a complete fresh install of Freelancer, Mod
    Manager, Mod. When I try to connect to Multiplayer, it lists that I have
    Vanilla (1.0) not 1.8.

Please advise.

• Well, there must be some files which didn't installed, maybe cus the AntiVirus blocked them, like freelancer.exe itself, you could try a full fresh install of the mod after adding everything as exception of the AV ? Or else some mistake was made while installing...

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• freelancer.exe is missing

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• freelancer.exe is missing

Dragonsfire:
    1) look at FAQ
    2) put your CF folder at AV exceptions list
    3) look at your AV (antivirus) quarantine list .... you almost sure find there CF files
    4) if you completely lost freelancer.exe try this: use 7-zip and open installation file Crossfire181.exe. ..there you in folder "Crossfire181.exe\$_OUTDIR\EXE\" find freelancer.exe.

• Right, I have uninstalled flmm, done file search for any left over files and deleted them. Uninstalled Freelancer, done a file search and deleted. Reinstalled Freelancer. Downloaded and saved Flmm and mod. Disconnected from internet and then disabled McAfee. Installed new Flmm. Installed mod. Mod will not activate (Flmm cannot transfer certain files). Flmm asks if I want to restore backups, I say yes, Flmm locks up. Enabled McAfee, reconnected to internet.
    What is wrong ??

• It would appear that the trouble is with this "Artemis!C0C5014C6A32" which McAfee says is a trojan and therefore removed from the programme.

• from an old thread:

artemis is a new "heuristic " subprogram from mcaffe, wich can detect potencial threats! Its a simple matter of turning off artemis. Artemis is not mentioned in the configuration menu: its called " active protection" and its located in the antivirus configuration menu

as being said... a heuristic alert but no trojan

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Well, I can't say I am in favour of turning off any of my threat detection for more than a few secs. So, I'll give this mod a miss if that is the only way it will run !!
    Unless, of course, someone who knows McAfee can tell me how to make Freelancer/Crossfire an exception :-D

• just get a good AV instead of this crap

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Yes, McAfee is a free AV which is brought with the PCs, programs and stuff.... like putting crap into people's head.... later people see there are professional AV made by interested people with a constant virus database and security...

Anyways Crossfire worths making it an exception... those Gigabytes of stuff isn't there just to take space ^^

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• I have McAfee Net Protect Plus as part of the package with my Broadband supplier. I have found it pretty good so far, much better than Norton. What do you guys think would be the best alternative (Firewall, anti virus, spyware)package ?

• I have Avast! and i`ve had no problem with CF with that AV...

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

• Yes, Avast has 8 shields (which can be closed at your wish), for email danger, internet browser dangers, files, and other stuff, it upates it's virus database every day and this is why CF is well for it... it searches for exac and real viruses... not like the others saying "possible virus detected" and fvcks it all :D