server crashes..

There are 19 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• Hey,

im playing cf a copple of weeks now. i really enjoy playing this mod, but theres one thing that pisses me off. the server crashes very often, cause people dont know about the problem if they dont start the game with the launcher and dont restart it after a crash...

if got to know this 1 week after i started playing, so i kept crashing the server myself all the time. my friends and i are trying to tell it to all the ppl which are even newer than me on the server, but if you told it to everyone theres a new one who crashes the server.
    Thats really annoying if youre farming ancient weaps or if youre travelling.

Cant there be a warning for all the new ppl somewhere, so everybody knows and the server wont keep crashing, maybe a sign if you start in NY or smth?
    would be awesome.

greetings,
    Ole

• there are warnings but ppl constantly ignore those

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• hmm.. if the issue is so essentiell, that the server crashes if youre doing it wrong, why isnt there a bigger warning everybody clearly sees?

• how big have warnings to be that ppl start reading?
    ppl just dont read - no matter how big, colored and blinking i make a warning

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Warnings on the forum are useles as most of the new people don't visit it... and warnings in-game... biggers would jsut destroy the New York system >.<

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• what about a huge yellow warning sign just next to the server rules? everybody would look there when theyre starting..

i mean really huge, the brightest yellow you got and in 8 different languages ;-) i guess everybody would read it then ^^

• considering the fact that most ppl dont even read the server rules -> the look of the system

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Yesterday I several times wrote via console about restarting game (launcher). Even wrote to all small levels (mostly new ppl) but still someone not listen or will not listen. This crashes are 99% because that :(

It's sad but more that 50% new ppl don't read rules or warnings In NY ... I know this because almost every second player say something as: wow, I not know this ...

• Yep, and as they don't even visit the forum for support...

Remember next time to tell them about the restart and also about the forum for their support :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• So the main problem is people not quitting to desktop and restarting FL from there when there's a crash?

Clan: ~TR~ "The Runners" Characters: [CYBORG] [Nostromo] Allied Clan: -=UG=- "United Guardians"

"See ya space cowboy!"

• The server message sais that the dynamic universe is not active. Some players also claimed that fact as they have to do the same trades every day :)
    So when the game crashes and there are no new files copied (i assume there are no new files based on the inactive dynamic universe) ---> leads me to the question: Is a restart of the game really necessary?

Would be nice if the answer contains more than just yes/no :)

signature.png

• no - but it wont hurt as i have not really deactivated that feature (actually it should be still working but reports say that it doesnt while the server confirms that the update script is running every day)

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Hmmm ..maybe it is only my subjective feeling, but every time when ppl give server little more time after restart***, game crash frequency is drastically reduced. ..***Series crashes every cca 5 minutes: after little conversation with new ppl about restarting this ended (more times verified).

• I thought as much, it's now a habbit for me and serenity to restart game on crash...

Clan: ~TR~ "The Runners" Characters: [CYBORG] [Nostromo] Allied Clan: -=UG=- "United Guardians"

"See ya space cowboy!"

• Yes, anyways you have to wait for the server to come back... the right moment to close the game, check out the Swat Portal (or any other place ) and while looking arround click on the button of "People Online" on Crossfire toolbar (which works with any of your internet browsers) to see if the server is back up :D It's all so fitted for every member.... but they don't give us any way to help the, as they think they know all they need >_>

Edited once, last by Michael ().