I have some text display problems!

There are 18 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• IN CF181,I have some text display problems.In "commodity trader""Equpiment Dealer""ship dealer", Some of the items name display"IDS?",The word also appears in the planet's name.In space screen,In scaner not any name of ship or space station.
    In other PC use a same game copy every thing is ok.so this is my PC trouble.any one can help me?

• then one file is missing from the mod
    try to reboot (often helps)
    if thats not going to fix it try to re-install

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I find reason,Its anti-virus software,When i turn off monitoring of software,everything is ok.Idont know why but this game can play,ok that's enought.

• NOD32 doesn't like CF at all :P

just exclude the paths from ur AV and reinstall. worked for me.

Me: There is no god.
    Sate: There is, he's a bitch, but he's there.

• I also have NOD ... :D . ... First (when I found this problems) I remove files from quarantine and next made exceptions. Game was ok, no needed to reinstall

• First (when I found this problems) I remove files from quarantine and next made exceptions.

Forlon...I did this too with my AV program (F-Secure) but every couple of weeks it still removes the Freelancer EXE into quarantine. I also had the ID's problem because of this.

I solved it by starting a new SP game, then copied my saved SP game into the singleplayer Acct folder (don't copy over the restart or autosave files from your old saved game just use the new ones already in the Acct file.) Then I loaded a savegame file from the CF ingame menu and it worked flawlessly.

My AV doesn't like CF one bit...luckily I do.

• just swichto Avast guys :D this antivirus is Very powerful, it has updates each day so CF's already an exception of it :D Even teh daily updates can be abit disturbing... somtimes :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• :thumbdown: It's funny Micheal that Avast is one of the few AV'S that isn't disturbed by CF 1.8, what does it know that most of the others don't.

I wish I could send the FL EXE file to my AV Provider...no legal rights so can't send the file...Oh well :thumbdown:

• hmmm the thing about avast... im argentinian so... i prefer the spanish version... and u just gotta hear the woman saying "la base de datos de virus ha sido actualizada" with all that spanish accent as if a 3m pole was being inserted into her ass rofl. sometimes it's just... disturbing as u say...

i do remember at work. lol. whenever some1's pc updated its avast it would sound "la base blablablabla" all over the place xD we all started cheering. lol good times xD

Me: There is no god.
    Sate: There is, he's a bitch, but he's there.

• See, even professional companies use Avast :D

Still I use the normal English professional version, even if I'm living in Spain :P (but not spanish :O )

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• :thumbdown: It's funny Micheal that Avast is one of the few AV'S that isn't disturbed by CF 1.8, what does it know that most of the others don't.

Avast does know that I use, it watched the creation of CF and can clearly confirm that it is clean

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Avast is also a matter of performance, tip: try it ;)

Click the image above to visit us.

• Fix CF ? lo each noob AV says something different about another file... where some of the professional ones says nothing.

• Some like their own AV cus they never tryed others ^^ Or some choose by how much the AV disturbs them with "Virus database updated", but with more of those warnings... better :D And Avast has them daily -.- now that can be to much xD

• If you only tasted vanilla icecream (in your life), you'll never know if the chocolate icecream is better or not until you check it ^^