1.81 crashes

There are 153 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Hellraiser.

• u know more than i do?

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Originally posted by Hellraiser
    its obvious that the gpu of someone else does not crash the whole server.

While your logic is sound, your premise is faulty, Hellraiser.

Server crashes can be caused by many things. A player, stuck in an unexpected state for too long, can be enough to cause a crash. The server is designed to protect against that, but it cannot anticipate all possible client problems.

So, yes, trouble on the client (player) side can crash the server. It does not matter whether the problem is caused by the client's GPU, Windows installation, software, hardware, or network -- if a client does something that the server cannot handle, then the server either kicks the client off, closes gracefully, or crashes. Freelancer usually chooses to crash rather than to shut down gracefully -- which makes troubleshooting difficult for OP when he has thirty players, with various equipment, connecting from all around the world.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

Originally posted by Hellraiser
    so u r telling me that if there is even 1 fault in any player's comp the WHOLE server crashes?Sorry op if this can happen.
    What about sol why does sol crash if anyone goes in it.
    i need to go to sol cause im doing a mission.

if i would know it then i would already have fixed it

Originally posted by keli
    can we get an update on the latest patch op?

it fixes some minor issues with 28 systems on the client site and since on the server side it completed the rebuild of the server files which are not supposed to work in a clean state (without server sided modulations such as lag reduction)
    reason for that is that it has become very difficult to fix problems when there were 2 different versions of FL
    and one of the lag reduction measurments appeared to have caused some probs to the server

this clean version is meant to run for test purposes and when finally everything is fine i start again to build some lag reduction stuff

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• server appears to be stable now... at least i hope that it is... no crashes for some time eventhough a good number of players was online and ppl were in sol

i guess we will know more tomorrow... ill be off now... need some rest

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• It's great to hear that the last patch and the full server remade finally fixed the bugs/issues that were makingthe server crash constantly !!!! :D

There were even nearly 25 players online, and for 5 hours the server hasn't crashed ! It's a dream ? :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• @Hellraiser.....this is why we have said time and time again, that it is a bad idea to run programs other than what is needed while gaming online. Many issues can be generated by the client, including running messenger programs, voice chats, AVG's, downloading, corrupted install of the game or improperly installed game files. ( this is why we have a specific method here on CF for installing this mod).

I am one who supports passwording the server to those who register here on SWAT and only after they read the TOS/Install instructions do they recieve a PW.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• No one said it was you, we are just discussing the possibilities of why crashes occur.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• well ok... the server was pretty stable over the entire day... this evening i did another patch to the mod fixing some small issues and finally have re-activated flhook again (yay)

within the next 2-3 days im going to build the new anticheat stuff, balance a bit on the mod and do some final fixes... the server should be completly ready this weekend
    maybe with some luck i will be even able to activate the dynamic economy again
    the dynamic universe will stay deactivated until march (somewhen in march)... reason for that is that it needs to get rebuild completly and it will get reactivated with the 1st DLC that i publish for CF (a new quest)

I hope the requests from the meeting are not forgotten yet... i badly need help with that stuff

- i need a good article i can use for a moddb news about CFs release and its features
    - i need ads for CF for other sites and forums
    - i hope you are working on the vids (which of course also will get added to these news)
    - i need the clans to get a representative ready for the GR (begining next week i will give out the rights on the server to them)
    - requested info about the games (http://www.swat-portal.com/php/wbboard/board.php?boardid=258)
    - i also requested help with the work at moddb
    - and the other promotional sites (steam + facebook) need to be filled with CF content

THAT IS YOUR TASK

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• thats what we need OP , we need to bring more players... because we will reach to 10 player per day... that will be boring and no one is gonna appreciate your work ... ill try to send everywhere i can the word about CF and all should understand that if they experience a bug or a crash... dont leave so fast .

• well the server was not that stable in the past weeks (which got fixed and which will get even better when ive finished balancing everything)

next to that we have done absolutly no advertisement for the new mod yet... and that is good
    the problems during the beta would have annoyed many players... now that everything runs better we can finally push CF

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,