Crossfire 1.8 Bug fixing

There are 464 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• Well, seems I'm out of the game (but not by forums) for 3 days for some reason, and the stations are already getting destroyed and ppl shouting to save few of them xD

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• the destructable universe is not balanced yet, hell im even glad that its halfway working
    it will take several weeks before it can be fully used

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• destructible universe = u can destroy things

General - DC commanding staff member & DC Truchsess
    DC Website: http://www.swat-portal.com/php…hp?page=Board&boardID=413

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

--
    Karl Marx: To do is to be!
    Lenin: To be is to do!
    Freddie Mercury: Doo be doo be doo!
    --
    RPG: Es gibt keinen Alkohol in Mittelerde! -> Mist!
    --
    I heard that's me having a beer (^^):
    ..... O
    LI² \ ' /
    ..... ^
    ..... / \

• in the "near future" the singularity bomb will come... imagine what you can do with it and you can realize how "destructable the universe can be " :)

• Ghostmans request is simple for those of you who fail to understand. MANY of you are just going from system to system destroying every base you see and it is causing problems as several players have discovered in X3043.

Furthermore, there are a few of you who are ignoring the request which makes you PART of the problem, making it harder for the mod to be debugged and corrected.

For those of you who are ignoring Ghostmans request here on the forum and in-game. ( he has asked in game for this to stop and so have many of us trying to help), you should feel very lucky I can't send you on a vacation from Crossfire.

We need help SOLVING the problems so we can ENJOY the game.

To me it's a matter of RESPECT for Op's work, which many of you don't have. I think it's time to start posting the names of the players here on the forum who are preventing Ghost from doing his work.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• Test update ..

Have now finished .. Server Crash testing for Ships ..
    And like OP will take a break from Testing Until Monday .

Again will make a list each day of 2 or 3 systems NOT to be destroyed .. as again need to undock and dock at each base, station and planet .

This is last test on the spreedsheet but will be the longest as this involves doing missions in 40 systems .
    Again testing for Server Crashes .

• Problem: Weapon Mounting Points on "The Shade"

Weapon mounting point 5 and 6 on the Ship "The Shade" (i bought it in Texas, Battleship Mississippi) are set in way that doesnt look too good. I think they should lie a bit higher, as now the guns are on the same hight as mounting points 1&2 but a bit further behind (the guns "collide"). Also the weapons are mostly "inside" the hull.

edit: energy management seems also *very* good - i have currently 2x 6th level, 2x 5th level and one 3rd level shield blaster (and a rocket launcher) installed - permanent firing and the yellow bar doesnt even twitch.

-HJT

• this maybe a bug
    i reach the devron system and dock with the DMG observatory
    i come out of the dock and head for the planets near the observatory.
    on the way i see something that looks like a base so i head towards it.
    upon reaching there i study it but u cant dock and there s no name of it there.(I kill my engines)
    the turn away from the thing and whaen i accelerate...FL hangs(NOT my computer)
    i closed Fl and restarted it and i have the same prob worse,my game got saved at that place so whenever i turn away and acclerate,Fl hangs. waiting does not help

meh.

• Hi Guys,

I can't see any Bar based rumours in Coalition any more, and consequently can't seem to continue the story. (unless Im missing something obvious - very possible) I've got the first couple of BB's and dont know what to do next.

Have I messed something up?
    e.g by selling datadisks/ blackboxes, possibly accidently destroying the contents of a wreck?

..or is it a bug/ temporary omission?

Many Thanks.

PS Am planning to join the MP server very soon, once Ive at least completed the 1.7 storyline. I'd imagine there's many others in the same boat, so hopefully we'll be struggling with server capacity due to 100's if not 100's of players wanting to join the fun :)

• Hellraiser, I saw you in Devron a few times. Tried to talk to you, but now I see what was holding you from answering :) .

You cannot select the stations. You can't dock at them neither. The Ancient Drones come from these stations (don't ask me how). After you spawn at the GMG observatory, try heading back to Utopia. Does that work?

--

That base is bugged? You're talking about the GMG observatory? I've been there many times! Been to explore those 3 stations attached to the planet too! Never experienced a single bug in Devron system.

Originally posted by Hellraiser

how do i move away now?
    how do i kill the drones?

GMG Observatory module IS NOT BUGGED. I know, that some ppl experienced some bugs with Ancient battleship. But looks like it has been fixed.

CF chars - Maxbur and derivatives
    Roleplay on server: Merc/Smuggler
    You can hire me for all sort of job: dirty and not so - but I`ll make it clean. It will cost you :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    Einstein