Crossfire 1.8 Bug fixing

There are 464 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• I don't know if this is a bug a coincidence or something else , but while I was in Custodian near the X JG I was docking with that station and my ship got in the docking gate and stayed there, then I figured I should F1 and I did that and suddenly server crashed

• Well, for the moment there are small bugs everywhere, made by a tool. But they'll get fixed.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• For all ... Update on testing ..
    Have now finished server crash testing on 95 systems in game , as given to me by op on his spreadsheet ..
    Only one system remains for me to test .. Sol .. have tried 5 times before .. will try do that system again late in evening when quite ..

Next test is the buying of everyship in the 95 systems .. testing them for docking and undocking at stations ...
    So for Clans .. am letting you know i will be in clan space again doing ship testing this time .. Char Name Ghostman ..

• version 1.81 is almost finished
    less then 20 issues to get fixed but now i need a break
    will try if i can do some work in the evening

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R

choose the compatibility mode when activating the mod

Thank you -- that did the trick. I would not have thought of using Compatibility Mode because my graphics card is not that old and it has more than 128MB... but it was the right solution.

The only downside is that some of the systems now are not quite so pretty, but I think that I can fix that, too, now that you told me what to look for.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

• ok, i'm not sure if i'm in the right place to ask but, when i opened cf today, wich was running fine yesterday, it detected a trojan horse, and on in the audio files too.. is it possible that my antivirus is wrong? i have avg

• If yesterday it was fin... and today not... (as I neither ever heard of sound files infected in CF...) it may be an exterior virus attacked your PC while you were playing, passing over/by the defence, and infected the game you was playing, as it was Active.

You can try scan, and clean all of your PC then reinstal the game, or reinstalling it al... but I'm not sure which way is worst.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• that warning on that audio file is normal, i had to do some minor changes

however - i am currently creating the 1.81 installer and will upload it tonight
    tomorrow ill do some tests before publishing the new version

the screencapture mode has been removed
    one of the color blind players should test the color blind mode as i think ive found the error
    all other reported bugs got fixed and a few hundred files got cleaned
    version 1.81 is compatible with 1.8 chars so you loose nothing

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Wow @ OP....u da MAN!!...I'll make sure to test the color blind option and respond once done :)

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

• ok, so followed simple rules, cleaned the whole computer of any viruses and cookies, reinstalled fl, re-downloaded cf1.8, reinstalled cf1.8 and now the freelancer.exe gets detected as a trojan horse generic16 ?!?! so it freezes installation in flmm ? what to do now?!?

• did u try listing CF as OK folder in your anti-V?

"marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

• ok everyone, please don't beat me up for asking an obvious question but with the "almost" release of 1.81, does that mean i have to do a complete clean out of 1.8 and a complete new re-install of FLMM and 1.81? i'm only asking because i want to make sure i'm doing it right and i'm sure there's someone out there that doesn't want to be the first one to ask. it might as well be me...
    -PipeHitter.

[SIZE=6]

TRAMPLE THE WEAK! HURDLE THE DEAD!

[/SIZE]

• Fresh install will be necessary I think.....but OP has posted that chars from 1.8 will be ok...so don't worry that you have to start over.

Originally posted by brouss
    ok, so followed simple rules, cleaned the whole computer of any viruses and cookies, reinstalled fl, re-downloaded cf1.8, reinstalled cf1.8 and now the freelancer.exe gets detected as a trojan horse generic16 ?!?! so it freezes installation in flmm ? what to do now?!?

This happen to me, too. Open AVG Control Panel, Open Resident Shield. Check bottom of screen for check box to disable. Only need to disable to install/play CF, otherwise, keep it on. This worked for me.

Also, activation in FLMM is not frozen, just takes some minutes for the last part. Be patient and it will finish.

• Allright guys I found a bug... in the Dervon system it s annoying now! I can't Join with that char anymore after I join and move a bit, it freeze and I need to restart my PC damn it.... So the Bug is near the Big Battleship ( Idon't realy know what that is ) :( It happens after you stay a while there, than your PC freeze! Well... That means Someone need s to Kill ya to get out of there !!(':(')

• Well, Once, me and a mate were also spinning and passing throught that Ancient BS in Dervon, and nothing happened... but later, in Singleplayer, I passed near that BS, without stopping, just passing by to a station and it freezed. Lucky it was SP and it doesn't save in-space xD

I also heard another being freezed at that BS.... anyway, it may be one of the model errors that OP got fixed, also as that BS has no hull.

• I had similar problem as Bladed. There nothing happen if you dont move, first movement and game freeze. And i saw this bug reported earlier in this topic.

btw. server not letting to log in again.

watchi10.png

Life is just a game, scenario is crap but at least video is excellent.

CF chars: SMG_Pic, SMG_Picard,SMG_Explorer, SMG_Savage

When you constantly wining fights you loosing skills, when you loosing fight you learning how to win.

• will check it

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,