Crossfire 1.8 Bug fixing

There are 464 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• I don't know if this is a bug but I am not the only one experiencing it and thus I feel I should bring it up here. There seems to be somekind of connection bug to international peeps but what I dont understand is that not everyone is experiencing it. You can read all about it here OP if you haven't already done so.

unable to connect

• yup, it crashed on 22nd, around 02.30am (CET) ... to bad :-(

edit: dunno, but it crashed the moment i pressed "dock" to mooring fixture on NY planet ... or maybe it wasnt me .. no idea ..

Originally posted by Inferno
    yup, it crashed on 22nd, around 02.30am (CET) ... to bad :-(

edit: dunno, but it crashed the moment i pressed "dock" to mooring fixture on NY planet ... or maybe it wasnt me .. no idea ..

one thing I have noticed is that when the cf server crashes it will take about 2 - 5 minutes for you to realise this where you will be kicked from loss of connection

• Probably it was meant for each login of the player. Not to repeat it after every 1-2 seconds o_O

• yeah - sorry - testing something

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Well, it's nice when you don't let people worry for hours or days if they're unlucky by warning hehe even, we're not doing anything than... giving life to this place ^^

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Most of the Crossfire systems look really nice -- some are beautiful.

But... is Sovetskya supposed to look like this?

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

Originally posted by {LP}SaxonRaider{X}
    wow i didnt know daggers had 300 bots n batts :O
    nasty pic that, no Sovetskaya is much better than that.
    isnt this to do with the old graphics card options in the mod enabler?

Oh, um, sorry.... that particular Dagger was outfitted for deep space recon in DK territory :rolleyes: ... single player only, of course. The wings were a little fragile for taking a Dagger so many jumps past the nearest friendly repair shop.

Regarding graphic card options, I could not use the Advanced Shader, but I have the rest of the options set for best quality.

OK, if this is just my PC then I will try re-installing from a fresh vanilla copy.

Thank you.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

• choose the compatibility mode when activating the mod

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• bugs:
    - Kusari Destroyer - without shield (done it 3 times, each time i got it without a shield, and with 2 different chars)
    - Osiris - turret view is inside the ship

• i think this might be a bug,

when flying away from that secret star warp thing in sol,
    it'll crash to desktop.

What i think that causes this is view the distance with the improved graphics.
    lowering the view setting can help most times.

and almost all jump holes in omicron gamma? i think? (corsair's main HQ) are gliched ....omaga41? lol :D

EDIT:

Just remembered, not really a bug just a lag prob.
    when engaging battleships and fighters in large quantities
    like (SP mission)when you fly over a Rhyland fleet in a
    cloud. the battledust builds up but doesn't degrade and it
    starts to lag.
    an ajustment to how long the debris stays might fix this

Originally posted by {LP}SaxonRaider{X}
    a few more ship related non-critical bugs:
    -The Nike's wings are on backwards
    -The P7 class ships have the pilots head poking out the top of the window. Which made me laugh so much i had to sell it as it was distracting, lol. I think you could change him to be wearing a space helmet if the model cant be fixed lol.

hahaha, best bug ever !!!!! :P:P

• Is there something changed?...I just tried playing...server webpage shows 22 players...i got to game and was 12 players...I dock ad CTD....tried 3 times? Suggestions plz

Edit.....sorry...shoulda posted in other forum topic....my bad

Rebooted and restarted ....seems to have fixed it :D

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D