Crossfire 1.8 Release

There are 341 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• yes, even GAY clan is not popular now... as it dissapeared years ago :D

And.... ass shield reinforcement ? O.º

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Lol, anticheat equipment.

I see there's a slot for Shield Upgrade in Equipment. Do we have a Power Generator slot anymore, or it's been removed? That would be really handy.

--

OP, the Black Eagle... ain't looking so black at all. It looks more like the Pink Eagle, but darker. Anyway, it's not black at all. Maybe you should make an update for that :P . Just a suggestion ^^ .

• lol, compleetly black ship sux.... it's ike having no skin.

And wops, seems we already have a Lvl 90 in an hour on our server ^^

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Gentlemen please lets not get into the cheating witch hunt stuff. It will start with the suspicion of a GAY clan member cheating then move to fake char paranoia, etc...... Please, that path has been traveled too many times in the past to ill effect.

Ghostman reported that trains are being used to dock at stations. That would explain a player able to level to 90 in an hour, So obviously there is a bug that needs solving.

Yes Burros Do Bite.

Chars: SMG_Burro and derivatives thereof

SMG Forums

• Only the Large Train is the one capable to dock at (some) stations, and, the one of lvl 90 made lvl 90 in New Berlin-Stutgart as I was there too. So nope ^^ And I didn't said about cheating.... I saw him trading there a lot, so it's reasonable.

• Personally i use APC atm, but hmm maybe Large Train can fill the gap between APC and SOULF Train, maybe this is not so bad to make this ship fully dock capable for stations/bases.
    APC willl stay good for evading even fighting(do not forget hull, shield, CM and thruster^^), on the other hand Large train can be choice for ppl who value cargo space and fire power instead agility, speed and evading capability.

just thinking loud^^

• Nope, or at least not now... as CF 1.8 is a new release. But you can make your own map as I did(on paper or new image, as navmap is...all systems on same spot-.-) so you don't get lost each time you go there :D

• I don't get the point of in what you ned help griff. Can you be more, explicit plz ? If you can't seem to make CF works for multiplayer, you can click here: CF Guide

• LOL what happened with the dock on planets ????? i have a Scouser for transport and i cant dock even on planets !!! what i am supposed to do now ?!?! i agree with no big ship docking with any station but ... planets ??? this isn't smart at all... or at least put some mooring sticks . Funny thing is when i hit respawn i am on the planet .. when i exit ... i cant dock with it ...

• only house planets have mooring and big ships can only use the mooring fixtures (which is logical and a matter of balance)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• ok so if i want to trade in other places like ... Custodian ? what am i able to do know ?

PS: still you shouldn't put the size limit on planets ... on stations it makes sense but on planets....

• ive created the mod in the way it is for a good reason and that wont change

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• @OP

I think that ppl here forgot how expensive PvP and RP can be, so when it comes about balance ofc that u need to make possible docking at planets without mooring fixture(for ships with 600 and 700 cargo), otherwise we will see same thing as in 1.7 Soulforge train and Apc and
    ppl in:

1)NB>St and back and BMG from St to Frankfurt
    2)Sos run
    3)Sol run

of course i understand OP's point when it comes about MP gaming and interactions between players(Soulforge train and Apc for example), unfortunately in reality is opposite and as results we had Empty systems in X (empty regarding trading and RP) OP u can not force ppl to interact that way, after all i was in police and i know sometimes, some my ex clan m8s wants to hide their trading activity ;), and what about freelancers...
    PPl likes freedom of the choices.

and link all with next overview:

30 Pvp per day=minimum 20 millions ( sometimes i had more then 50 PvP+RP per day)

Now calculate time for this PvPs/RPs +time for trading, and u will find result =3 or 4 hour spent in game(minimum with all this chat and u know...) and tell me, who play 4h/per day, maybe in the beginning^^...as i know u make this mode for many months, maybe years to come...

Where is the balance? From more than 100 beautiful CF systems ppl use only few for trading and for RP-(RP usually start where the trade is in the process). :(

I am not dreaming, i have several thousand hours in CF^^
    .Pls wait for feedback from active players.We know each other.

So...OP allow it, I am sure you will not regret.

IMO

Edit:just read ur reply b4 i post this.
    Yes OP you created this mod [thumb] do not listen us who play this mod ;)

• yes - you are right
    i wont listen coz i made the calculations

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• RP doesnt cost money, it makes money, you only loose money if you are a person who does Pure Fighter vs Fighter PvP and are not taking part in RP. Most of the money in RP comes from Traders or Bounties. You are not telling me a Merc that does Fighter vs Fighter RP loses money, the bounties are 1m+ each, and if your spending that kinda money to kill someone then maybe you need to ditch the expensive missiles/mines, and learn to do it with cheaper equips.

Anyway, kinda moving off topic, but i had to put that word in, as RP-PvP cost was mentioned and i think that is not correct.

• OP ur calculations are wrong and if and when u read my post careful, you will find out.
    This is not matter of calculations this is matter of useless pride.

Saxon dude, i am happy to see you more active here, but i was witness in many battles where massive PvP begins from 1 simple tax or bounty (which is RP)

Sorry cos i put wide meaning in few sentences but i assure you, message is good and point is valuable, but pride is our bad companion.

ps
    read careful few times and we can chat in game if u want ;)