Star Wars - The Old Republic

There are 19 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• <center>[size=6]Star Wars: The Old Republic[/size]
    [size=3]Unconfirmed Rumor[/size]</center>

After unconfirmed rumors Star Wars: The old Republic shall already appear in October 2010 appear. In the annual business report from Electronic Arts it says that the game shall appear in the year 2010.

<center>
    <embed src="http://cdn-http://www.swtor.com/sites/all…s/mediaPlayerInterior.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="580" autostart="false" autoplay="false" play="false" height="330"flashvars="title=undefined&description=undefined&autoplay=false&source=http://cdn-http://www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/vc/deceived_cinematic_trailer.flv&fullscreen_source=undefined&comment_url=/media/trailers/deceived-cinematic-trailer#comments&download_1=header|Quicktime (.mov),thumb|null,filesize|255M,resolution|1280x720,url|http://cdn-www.swtor.com/sites…mov.zip&download_2=header|Windows Media Video (.wmv),thumb|null,filesize|224M,resolution|1280x720,url|http://cdn-www.swtor.com/sites…cinematic_trailer_wmv.zip" />
    </center>

That would correspond to a date between 01.04.2010 and 31.03.2011. The French fan side www.starwars-universe.com shall have been informed the concrete date by a trustworthy informant from Lucas Arts.

Until further notice it has to be waited on whether these rumors are correct or not.
    Find more at: http://www.swtor.com/

• fanstastic news... kotor always was my favorite
    i usually dont play a game more than once but i think i played both kotor games at least 5 times already

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• And if the game comes close to what this showed us, well let's face it every other game would be meaningless (except for Starcraft 2 and CF 1.8 ;])

Live another day

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

• Wow,, amazing trailer, this is waaaay better than Jedi Academy/Knights of the Force :)^^

• Comparing a few years old dead and with this, why don't we try comparing a 486 with a supercomputer ?

This stuff's probably gonna have the best story, the best graphics, the best gameplay of the KotORs (This one's The Old Republic a.k.a. tOR ;]) heck probably even the best start menu for all I care. People who don't look forward for this game even just because it's a game should better go see a psychiatrist.

Live another day

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

• damn, look at the gameplay videos arround, like youtube, or their own site, what is posted on the video, I've also shown a special link on my forum with some more videos of gameplay, planet Coruscant and more... :D

The mercenaryes Can hide behind anything normal, kedies can attack in front and behind at nearly once, like in the video, Has many forces, weps, and you can choose your path, that would make oyur saber lighter and better or darker... and red, makeing your own saga, but the thing is that when you choose pressing any button in a conversation as example... there is no Return button to check again and see if it was better the other way :D While it's multplayer.... there Are ships that comes on a docking bay and start fire arround... or just land on there... :D

The thing is that it will ask for the most graphich and PC requirements ever.... and as MMorpg it will ask for agood internet connection also, or you won't be capable of playing it on eiter of the ways :D

Anyway I'll sitll be on and for CF :D As I, we finally managed to solve the conflicts here, the CF 1.8 should be near ^^

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• The movement in the ingame trailers looks pretty halting. As expected, the trailer is more of a movie and the game itself is being created....well....by another division. I doubt it will be that "epic".

Pretty nice trailer though. I would be more happy about a new Star Wars movie.

• as in every star wars game the story was pretty simple but still appeard epic due to the wide sceneries that you have to go through

in every star wars game I had to ask myself what purpose certain rooms/halls have... they were damn big but empty... but i believe that is what makes star wars special - the feeling to face something big

however i doubt that you can fight just like in the movie, and the so called interaction with the NPC that was claimed to be revolutionary is not that new at all... there are enough RPGs with the same feature

however - eventhough i meanwhile think that the marketing of that game is pushed with incredible animated movies the game has to prove itself

we had enough star wars game which looked good on the first view and turned out to be totally bugged or way too complicated

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Games like Mirror's Edge or Assassin's Creed have fantastic movement animation and fighting control. Everything is perfectly smooth and really fun to play. You can clearly see, in those games they motion captured people who really can move. Those overpayed Star Wars exploiters could learn something from them. With a budget ten times that large they surely could hire some who know how to fight with a sword. Damn, even i could learn it and i very likely will.

By the way, if they can capture the movement for the trailer, why not for the game? Yea, and i forgot to mention GTA IV. Really good movement animation.

• Two new advanced classes are introduced to the Sith Warriors. Players will have a choice between the Juggernauts or the Marauder. Whether you want to charge into the fray as a Juggernaut, punishing your adversaries while protecting your allies, or slice through enemy ranks with two Lightsabers and unmatched aggression.

In conjunction with the Companion Character section released today, we present you with one of the Sith Warrior’s Companions – Vette! You can learn more about this known associate on the Sith Warrior page or by accessing Vette’s biography. Check out the newly updated HoloNet to get details about the Advanced Classes available to the Sith Warrior.

• I am actually going through Star Wars : Knights of the Old Republic for the first time as my current game.

Usually I don't like the party management type RPGs such as this one or Baldur's Gate and prefer FPS RPG like Oblivion/ Bioshock.

So far so good though - I am enjoying the Star Wars experience and OP is right in one way - it does feel a bit cinematic and huge in its story.

I don't like the bits where "Companion X looks troubled - you should speak to them" happen - they seem a bit artificial but I suppose they will further the storyline.

Also - it has taken me a long time to get a grip of the inventory management - lots of things are not explained how they work and what they do - and also the combat seems to be more complex (in a good way) that I thought at the beginning.

At the moment - just got my ass kicked big time by some Sand Raiders in the desert - considering I had a couple of Jedi in my party - but I overcome that.

Another good part is that longevity is enhanced if you want to play both Dark Side and Light Side stories.

I also like the way how good or how evil you are as a Jedi can affect how poerful your Jedi powers can be - that is good innovation.

Thumbs Up!

• thats the good with such games, epic stories and the choice between good guy or bad ass

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I keep the path btw middle to good guy :D Even on Star Wars you have to try several paths to see all what it can do :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• "The lure of the dark is is difficult to resist. I fear it shall bring on an all too familiar path..." --Master Vrook

Well the dude is wrong about me :) Always was a pure Jedi Knight :) You don't know how much i came close to crying when i learned the truth about the playing char in the 1st KOTOR !

I prefered alternating between guy and girl... playing female sometimes gets you services from males NPCs and interesting lines to say to your party men... And well, playing a man char projects my great person into a no less great Jedi Knight (i'm saying that with much humility:P) Sorry... as some Sith say : Jedi are arrogant ^^

There is no death, there is the Force