Volunteering for Freelancer Crossfire

There are 35 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by NucNuc.

• If you have a problem with the way I want to code CF and the other mods and games which are part of SWAT then you should be aware of one simple fact... that is my work... I have invested more years in SWAT and its projects than you are modding.
    If I see that a feature causes problems with other features of my mod then it will not get included... and there it does not matter who invented that feature.
    I have more than 10 concepts (working ones) which I am not able to use in Crossfire due to conflicts with other features and that maybe bothers me as much as it bothers you that i dont agree with your feature and the method being used to create it.

In the end I am the main modder of CF... and I am the guy who has the most knowledge about the mod and where conflicts might appear. I am not willing to get rid of other important features to include something that which have a questional success in such a rp/combat based community. Either you get familar with the idea that you can not come here and tell us what we have to do with our mod or we stop this discussions once and forever.

You can not even imagine how many ideas and concepts I have denied because they didnt work correctly or caused unwanted effects on the mod. In the end I am the one who has to ensure that everything fits together... and since I do my job pretty good CF is that successful.

Edit: + openlancer is definitly dead

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• OMG OP!!!!!!

did you ever remembered that the Portal has another project which really needs everything? Like... EU? >.<

Creator of the SWAT Mod: Freelancer: Expanded Universe - currently halted due to university activities, but you can help if you want :D

Go to the FL:EU's forums

Also click here...

Pff, I'm not afk. I'm just lurking, coz I don't have even time to post, think about the time I have to mod >.<

[instagib] [woot] [instagib]

• You misunderstand OP, it's not so much the message, but your choice of delivery that got my back up a bit. I understand that you are required to act in the best interest of your mod - why would anyone want a bungling newbie come and smite your hard work?

Honestly, my only gripe was that as apposed to a subtle "thanks but no thanks" I just came under fire backed with a fist full of criticisms.

You don't want the content, thats fine, after all I merely made my presence known because i had projects that i felt you might want - and since I have such a fondness of FL it would have been nice for the most prominent mod to have used my stuff.

And i do have an idea how many concepts must well have been ditched, i was a mod project leader, and certain things simply do not fit the mechanics of the game comfortably.

...Shame about openlancer tho, I really hoped that something would have come of that project... sucks

• Oh... P.s

If you want the textures for the jump tunnels i can send those along - I think i had 1 for each jumphole colour originally.

Originally posted by Fire_Wolf_br
    OMG OP!!!!!!

did you ever remembered that the Portal has another project which really needs everything? Like... EU? >.<

I am fully aware of this... but in the end even for FL:EU it has to fit or you will end up with a mod which doesnt look logical or overpowered. And in the end SWAT Projects are usually high quality ones.

Im not saying that this idea is totally wrong (the mining one)... I just believe that method is not perfect yet. And in a straight way i pointed out the problems. Not more... not less.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• yeah i know OP. i mean, as there are 3 new houses, obviously i'll have more planets (think about more themes), more factions... so, new ships and on. so i bet that almost everything new, and unused by CF can find a safe home @ FL:EU atm. (or not. like more houses ^^)

Creator of the SWAT Mod: Freelancer: Expanded Universe - currently halted due to university activities, but you can help if you want :D

Go to the FL:EU's forums

Also click here...

Pff, I'm not afk. I'm just lurking, coz I don't have even time to post, think about the time I have to mod >.<

[instagib] [woot] [instagib]

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    ....a bit late since all the modeling on the ships have been finished....

....CF1.9 and CF2.0 will introduce new ships... yes
    but those ships do already exist.

But for CF1.81 you still kept these shames of shipmodelling (compared to your standards with the coalition ships and the newly introduced ones) like the Hermes, the VFighter, the Murphy and Phantom and others available in the Crossfire-System-systems. Well, they got new textures plastered on, but not in every case a true improvement up to the otherwise high up standards of the mod.

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• aha
    I still can hear the "OP, release the mod NOW" from you players instead of giving me the neccessary time.
    Every right to complain about something is therefore gone.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    aha
    I still can hear the "OP, release the mod NOW" from you players instead of giving me the neccessary time.
    Every right to complain about something is therefore gone.

1. The post I took the quote of is nearly a year old. So YOU said a year ago that the ships are all done [SIZE=1](at least, that't how it sounded then)[/SIZE]. Quite some time for getting minor rest of work done by such a productive team you have here on SWAT.

2. Well, I followed the history of crossfire for quite a time BEFORE I even registered here. About 1 1/2 years I waited paitently for CF 1.8 with replaying CF 1.7 and playing other mods and games, knowing that is only done when it's done and that the longer you wait most of the times the mod only becomes better.I NEVER COMPLAINT like so many others, who seemed like kiddies crying for a new toy.

3. THIS is not a complain anybody has to grant me a right to. I only want to point in a way where CF, as great as it is, still has ( no offense ) capacity for getting better.

I just wondered, when came across this thread,... because since the release of CF 1.7 there came quite a few mods with new, genius and better modelled and textured ships, compared to the ones I mentioned above.

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

Originally posted by Spiky-
    I am utterly delighted and content with the appearance of the legendary Pink Eagle.

:D /gay

• oh sorry diablo did you get tunred on by what I just say?

kk next time I will not post in the 'gay' language you seem to be very familiar with.... I wonder why

OH SNAP

Fleet Captain Spiky / WL

• utterly, delighted, content... let's face it, the words are a real turn on ;)

Originally posted by Spiky-
    oh sorry diablo did you get tunred on by what I just say?

kk next time I will not post in the 'gay' language you seem to be very familiar with.... I wonder why

OH SNAP

Oh Snap ! I saw it too ! ^^

Anyways, the ship modelling is logical, and the new ships are greately done. There's a leak of new BIG ships, but it won't be for long ^^

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• 1. yeah right... one year ago I decided that all ships are done so i can finally do the important work and finish the mod which took another year because I have done about 95% of that work ALONE
    So please dont tell me how i have to do my work and how my mod has to look like because i even like those ships.

2. good

3. fine... but i decide in which direction the mod will develop... nobody else

I dont care much about other mods, what they contain or how they look like. I do my job and i do a good one. But unlike other mods which have big teams with modelers, texturers, coders and normal modders i work almost alone (there are a few ppl helping, yes, but that are mainly minor tasks).

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Of course, that's (...I have done about 95% of that work ALONE/ ..... i decide in which direction the mod will develop... nobody else/...i work almost alone) ALL your decision.

Thx for the clarification/explanation.

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !