The Missing Freeports?

There are 23 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by LibertyHunter.

• Im proberly slow on this topic but.... Has anyone else noticed that there are 2 missing Freeports??

let me explain,

Freeport 1 - Omega 3
    Freeport 2 - Bering
    Freeport 4 - Magellan
    Freeport 5 - Omega 41
    Freeport 6 - Tau 29
    Freeport 7 - Destroyed
    Freeport 9 - Omicron Theta
    Freeport 10 - Tau 37

So what happened to the other 2???

Let the wild thoeries as to there where about's are start rolling in :D

<-------ONCE AGAIN ARISING FROM THE ASHES. ONCE MORE TO KICKS THE CSF's ASS TO THE NEXT SECTOR.------>

http://i024.radikal.ru/0810/0b/985e1e888a76.jpg

<-----------------------------------------------DC Phoenix - General [866][865][866]---------------------------------------------->

[21] Intel Q6600 @ 2.4Ghz - Asus P5KC M/B - Ati Sapphire HD3870 512Mb GDDR4 Graphic Card - Ballstic 4x1Gb DDR2 1066Mhz RAM - 1 x 160GB + 1 x 250Gb SATA HDD - 2 x DVD-R/W Drive - Jeantech Orchid 575w PSU - iCute Custom Case - ACER P223w 22" Widescreen Monitor - Wireless Keyboard And Mouse - 5.1 Surround Sound Setup - Take Pride In Your System And Build It Yourself [21]

• Destroyed ? *Small edit* Probably like FP7, something blew them up, whatever, and as we noticed FP8 or 9 or whatever didn't became 7 ect. ect.

Live another day

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

• cancelled projects? retaken bases?

Creator of the SWAT Mod: Freelancer: Expanded Universe - currently halted due to university activities, but you can help if you want :D

Go to the FL:EU's forums

Also click here...

Pff, I'm not afk. I'm just lurking, coz I don't have even time to post, think about the time I have to mod >.<

[instagib] [woot] [instagib]

• Kermit, admit it you ate the Freeports! *Evil inspector/detective cop look* :D

I still think it's most probable they got destroyed at one point or another...

Live another day

(\__/)

• somebody should have told him thats its called Freeport and not Flyport

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• lol

General - DC commanding staff member & DC Truchsess
    DC Website: http://www.swat-portal.com/php…hp?page=Board&boardID=413

(\__/)

--
    Karl Marx: To do is to be!
    Lenin: To be is to do!
    Freddie Mercury: Doo be doo be doo!
    --
    RPG: Es gibt keinen Alkohol in Mittelerde! -> Mist!
    --
    I heard that's me having a beer (^^):
    ..... O
    LI² \ ' /
    ..... ^
    ..... / \

• There is one or two bases run by IMG which were run by the Zoners before (I think), anyway, better wait for CA for a better confirmation.

I supose that they may have been destroyed or abandoned in the mid time.

we shouldn't forget that the ultra polluted Texas and Galileu were ment to be much more populated systems then they are now.

eYf-Bb3kqDGZowNom6-Xa5yH0mydz8mBks6wgxw14TQ5NwEJBwfq4f1yRZFAlDX2qQ1-L2f4dN_jPCc4gHS39_4_KEcGf2rKKAIS9lt8znRUc0bbwU4HNGMbSmj-T1tQKW2T0FKHNMXYsHEHc4Qagn3xOVsBjwqOdFH4JyoGcTZdqMwXHFy76r9Fmny4UKT5zjWLQpDkuPo04jpg8sBGnCda4adtRxGHGbDw62IeEFT0WCu_go8lDBHh0WtGmPobfV87RVBaEqL3EGKAaPPRkjp-CR4J4phrjQzZQ2VUtg_-y5LTVcuqnCQugz3jfjP7xQqfvKNkjyMHKU9r4sV_D9IcYmVpYHXZ8ahWfGhesJkd0J8qCXtHRCwhnoMSF31z-piViN7S8MprdxmNA5irBMSB2cjAswp9SVe6wiATbaZEJG1bXg7_LbTVfiytOpYeKWjeQtra39Duhqgml8OV_4sQbY6hoi84NZ_mUayUfNOcCWuOlrLas3DPtvqq0cEfGOV-N6jSPssgvTCKTU4Y9OD8vIz14HCDKBAwi7NnvilwamcVEXqM3kH8YjIYyHtDaf7d8wY5caOUu4Y1AWfmJlZKMcVidj_K2RLYI_XQT8AQe3FnXn_-0fQfB2CPwbeJl_F7Nx-JLwk40KkWAON4x4TXBCq-rw9dmoLGDoS8ftamBKX9EZUxxbPSwuWzIU-ZviAWliUP_mLn8ILYZ-tt4SEnb5sUJkI0GWlLakmDHOwHtH3zAw8O0gt-wuCZCS5vGpuxt9tRDWS1_cIXvZML-ZRrZAHv0mig99hrUX4UMKGoM7FvaIiqnDDZPKMKJO8rA6jAx58nLCki-Xg8ci6ke5uspV7aCUQOmh6U3sZd5Z7acqvypYBAIo8lOMYpbCWRVqdyzaxTA_BdhKN_2OZ3aUK7qkATbEDHMxeu5d_NyqurxvYno5p-zBhnKVT6MNXRE2EpJq1cacTU9WuPNYWJSSF8kAw0_kS8QHURYgbHXpfRKENjBHUaV9h2jA=w348-h200-s-no?authuser=0

• yep, but there aren't Freeports in house systems. So, it's impossible to have a Freeport on any time in Texas.

Also, if it was in Galileo... well, we should found a station wreck there or something...

Yeah, also, some infocard should inform about the location of the missing freeports.

Creator of the SWAT Mod: Freelancer: Expanded Universe - currently halted due to university activities, but you can help if you want :D

Also click here...

Pff, I'm not afk. I'm just lurking, coz I don't have even time to post, think about the time I have to mod >.<

• can't remember about Texas storyline, but the Zoners/IMG @ my guess couldn't reach the worthy (in that time) and growing Texas... Also, the system became part of Liberty somewhat early so the Zoners couldn't arrive (or not).

yea, about the trade lanes wrecks I remember, but I'm talking about station wrecks, like FP7 and Ithaca.

Also click here...

• the destroyed Freeport 7 is back in CF1.8 (as destroyed station)
    the other 2 are still missing... but maybe it would be worth it to include them somehow

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• hmmm,, Maybe if they are in some lost systems which they have to be found, or just blowed up into pieces as FP7^^

• maybe they float away :D lol

what i mean is how can you be certain that an object is still in space?
    our system orbits a blackhole, Hint: not still:D

• wormhole breakdown -> system not available anymore -> station lost

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Or...

1. Maintanence costs over the decades grew too high and so the bases were decommissioned or scrapped. It's rough having stations in the backwaters of space. Maybe when push came to shove - if the Zoners were biting the bullet with their finite resources at some point in time - something had to get cut back on. Costs of repairing and maintaining two of their stations could make sense, especially in those Freeports were in areas where incurring damages was quite frequent.

2. Those bases were built on what were frontiers at the time but may have lost their value when alternative routes of trade were established, new jumps were discovered, and the Houses expanded (ie. Kusari enters a new system and brings rule of law with them, and so its time for the Zoners to find a new home... or the discovery of a jump hole may have rendered the position of a station unstrategic).

3. Being located especially distant from the rest of civilization, costs of trade may have been too high for the stations to be cost-effective for the Zoners. Mind you many of their rumors mention a feeble economy and a constant struggle to produce and supply vital resources. If these two bases were too expensive to get supplies too, the bases themselves weren't producing as expected to send things back to the rest of the Zoners, or if the area in which they were built was simply too dangerous it would make little sense to keep investing credits and materials onto certain stations.

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• I c we are creative enough to explain everything

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Excellent material for more rumors @ Zoner bases for CF 1.8! :D

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• in my opinion FP 8 actually is like the area 51 in freelancer and thats why its not listed ^^

MY AVATAR IS UNIQUE

From the darkness we come to the darkness we all shall go
    ........................................................................................
    Facilis descencus Averno. Qui non vetat peccare, cum possit, iubet. Sine cruce, sine luce, nihil interit. Pulvis et umbra sumus.

Translation:

The descent to Hell is easy. He who does not forbid sin commands it. Without the cross, without the light, nothing dies. We are but dust and shadows.
    Eve online chars: RavenMcDougal