CF1.8 development process

There are 576 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Bond.

• seems to behaving more like a shotgun than a flak. is that the intention?

My what a lovely shade of red you are, looks like someone got too close to that black hole...

• 8-o I didn't qrealize what I was looking at the first time I saw that video. It does appear that the flak is operating a bit like a shotgun, which is very similar to the use of chain guns in naval defense: throw out a heavy blanket of small projectiles to knock down a small target. The mix of sound effects in that location were a bit confusing as well. I look forward to trying out the new guns! [11]

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• Will it be possible to play CF1.8 in SP mode??

<-------ONCE AGAIN ARISING FROM THE ASHES. ONCE MORE TO KICKS THE CSF's ASS TO THE NEXT SECTOR.------>

http://i024.radikal.ru/0810/0b/985e1e888a76.jpg

<-----------------------------------------------DC Phoenix - General [866][865][866]---------------------------------------------->

[21] Intel Q6600 @ 2.4Ghz - Asus P5KC M/B - Ati Sapphire HD3870 512Mb GDDR4 Graphic Card - Ballstic 4x1Gb DDR2 1066Mhz RAM - 1 x 160GB + 1 x 250Gb SATA HDD - 2 x DVD-R/W Drive - Jeantech Orchid 575w PSU - iCute Custom Case - ACER P223w 22" Widescreen Monitor - Wireless Keyboard And Mouse - 5.1 Surround Sound Setup - Take Pride In Your System And Build It Yourself [21]

Originally posted by DC_Phoenix
    Will it be possible to play CF1.8 in SP mode??

yes

and the sound of that vid sux due to a codec error... its actually pretty good

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• change log addition:
    Asteroid fields added to planetary rings
    Vanilla fuses fixed
    New Battleship fuses created
    new Flak Explosion created
    Burning fuse modified to raise the chance that ships start burning
    Damage fuse initiators adjusted (40% damage = electric sparks + electromagnetic sphere; 60% damage = light fire + smoke; 80% damage = heavy fire + smoke)
    Bullpup MKIII hitpoints reduced

I might upload a small movie showing the results of those changes in the next few days

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• OP could you please redesign the Bullpup mk3? I dunno about others, but I really dislike its rear with the green face on it :P

[size=3] -- --
    -----
    [/size]

<table border="0" align="center" width="75%" height="40px" cellspacing="0"><tr>
    <td align="left" background="http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9442/swatwj7.png" width="2px"></td>
    <td valign="top" align="center" width="100%" background="http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/401/swatya1.gif"><font face="serif" color="white" size="5">&#191;&#647;&#592;&#653;&#387;&#592;&#623; - magwat?</font></td>
    <td align="right" background="http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6025/swatright.png" width="2px"></td>
    </tr></table>
    <!--<hr width="85%" />

Fix'd.

-->

• I had always been fond of the BPIII. Despite the weak shielding, the propulsion and weaponry capabilities were impressive. Even took one to Menton a couple of times. Hopefully the ship will remain well-balanced. It may suck in PvP but is one outstanding, unique vessel when pitched into the right sort of scenario. :D

Spiky, don't forget the Kamov. It needs help too; it has fewer guns and doesn't have that blue-blasty-thing-of-capship-doom! xD

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• Will the Bretonia Destroyer be purchasable anywhere? I like how that ship looks like, i've seen it around in Alaska... :)

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• Carmona shipyard in Daedalus i guess. LP property :)

CF chars - Maxbur and derivatives
    Roleplay on server: Merc/Smuggler
    You can hire me for all sort of job: dirty and not so - but I`ll make it clean. It will cost you :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    Einstein

• All destroyers looks crappy Imao

You can hire me for all sort of job: dirty and not so - but I`ll make it clean. It will cost you :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    Einstein

• friggin' cops, no sense of aesthetics... :D

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

Originally posted by Shockwave
    friggin' cops, no sense of aesthetics... :D

Oooo, I full of sense of aesthetics- in CF and RL, man. I`m artist and musician, so you failed :)

Einstein

• everything a matter of taste

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I recently tried out a Raven's Claw HF, only to find that it seems to be much more vulnerable to the "DK intercept" bug than even trains, especially in Altair. I was having FL crash to desktop anytime I killed a DK ship, from Sol to Vorkuta, and even nomad ships in lower Unknown. Once back in Sirius, it seemed ok. But both the Raven's Claw and the Salin are also waaaay too sluggish for their published armor ratings. For ships with 6000 armor, they should have much higher turn rates than VHF's, but instead wallow like freighters... ?(

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• isnt this a bit late for 1.8 new ideas? this is the finishing time of the mod, r?
    i mean, i dunno, but i m guessing